Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It seems like he has become a pop culture Icon when he has been in rock for about 40 years. People that used to not know who Ozzy Osbourne even was. Now they say they like him and I ask them what songs they like by them, and there is a answer like that new one he has out. What about Black Sabbath, NIB, Children of the Grave, Paranoid, Iron Man, Sweet leaf, Snowblind, Crazy Train, Flying high again, Goodbye to Romance, Mr. Crowley, Over the mountain, Shot in the dark, Mama Im coming home, Road to Nowhere, and Time after Time? What about those songs. Ive never heard them, are they any good? He used to be this immortal figure of classic rock that keeps going after all these years and is fun and full of energy. After the show it seems like he is old man who mumbles and cant figure any thing out. Who every one knows his name and that he is funny and old. I just wished they would have picked someone whose image I didnt mind having ruined.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

IMO, his best years were with Randy. There's not many out there like him.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

My image of Ozzy hasn't been ruined by the show. He's always been an incoherent, mumbling, wasted victim of the rock 'n roll lifestyle; look back at some of his old TV interviews from twenty years ago and you'll see what I mean.

As far as the show goes, I've watched and watched it but I couldn't find a damn thing entertaining about it. I have NO idea why it's gotten the hype it has. I honestly think it's flat-out boring. And this is coming from an old diehard Sabbath/Rhoads-era fan.
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Heh, I find it so amazing that my grandmother watches this religiously now. LOL. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I loved Ozzy's music BEFORE the show, I'll love Ozzy's music AFTER the show too. Sure the show has arguably introduced a lot of new fans of his music, who only know the popular or new shit, but is that a bad thing? Hardly~

BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

Originally posted by NxtVanHalen.:
    ...I just wished they would have picked someone whose image I didnt mind having ruined.
    I don't profess to be a big fan of Ozzy - I watched the show a couple of times, thought it had its funny moments, but M-TV is such a non-entity to me anymore I kept forgetting it was on and so after a few weeks of missing haven't attempted to watch it again. To me, if I was a big Ozzy fan, I think I would get more of a kick out of the show (though I could do with less swearing) - I didn't see the "Prince of Darkness/bubbles" episode, but to me, that to me is one of the funniest things! Anyway, if I were to worry about anything tarnishing Ozzy's image, it would be that he wiped the original drumming and bass playing off two of his albums and replaced them.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[quote]Originally posted by billy007:
    Anyway, if I were to worry about anything tarnishing Ozzy's image, it would be that he wiped the original drumming and bass playing off two of his albums and replaced them.
    Indeed. That's what's discredited him to me to some extent as well.

[ May 30, 2002, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Atomic Punk DLR ]
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NxtVan Halen, I see where you're coming from re. people who weren't Ozzy fans to begin with. 'Not sure if this is a "good or bad" thing yet, but even though I loved the series, there is that segment of the population who probably loved the series , but still couldn't bear to crank up his music. That , is superficial & synonymous with other goings on in the music fanbase today..... 'Anyone know what I mean ?

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Atomic Punk DLR:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by billy007:
    Anyway, if I were to worry about anything tarnishing Ozzy's image, it would be that he wiped the original drumming and bass playing off two of his albums and replaced them.
    Indeed. That's what's discredited him to me to some extent as well.
    </font>
    I agree with you on that all the way, that made me so ashamed and upset to hear that he would do someting like that, or better yet, LET somthing like that happen to half of his former bandmates. You just don't do shit like that to people that helped you out.

Originally posted by Don Kirschner Fan:
    NxtVan Halen, I see where you're coming from re. people who weren't Ozzy fans to begin with. 'Not sure if this is a "good or bad" thing yet, but even though I loved the series, there is that segment of the population who probably loved the series , but still couldn't bear to crank up his music. That , is superficial & synonymous with other goings on in the music fanbase today..... 'Anyone know what I mean ?
    Yea that is exactly what I mean, superficial shit, people say they love Ozzy, because it is cool or what ever, but don't really know his music. I don't like that at all.