Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Doors Duo Lighting Fire on Ex's Allegations

Feb 13, 1:09 am ET

By Phil Gallo
    HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - The riders on the legal storm over the use of the name the Doors are duking it out in the press.

Drummer John Densmore was widely quoted following his Feb. 4 filing of a lawsuit in L.A. Superior Court to stop his former bandmates Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger from hiring a new drummer and singer and taking the band on the road and recording a new album under the moniker the Doors: 21st Century.

Manzarek and Krieger, fresh off last Friday's successful reunion gig at the Universal Amphitheater, aren't waiting for a court date to fight back.

"John has an open invitation," said keyboardist Manzarek. "Everybody asked him and he said, 'No, my ears (are too damaged).' Then I said, 'Why not play hand percussion?' and John said, 'No way. I'm not a sideman.' Instead he then chose to sue us. He gave Robby his blessing (to use the name).

"This is ridiculous. The guy who put together the band and plays keyboards is performing with the guy who wrote 'Light My Fire,' 'Love Me Two Times' and 'Love Her Madly.' If we're not the Doors, then who is?" Manzarek asked.

Friday's concert was attended by concert promoters and talent buyers from across the country in town for an industry convention. The Agency, which books the band, is fielding offers for April and May dates in the Midwest and East and summer shows in Europe.

Stewart Copeland of the Police, who has been rehearsing with Manzarek, Krieger and singer Ian Astbury, bowed out of Friday's concert due to an elbow injury; his participation in the spring shows is in doubt. Ty Dennis, a member of Krieger's band, has filled in.
    "I'm not as think as you drunk I am."

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some, or Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HEY ASHOLE RAY-JIM was the DOORS!!! You were a fuckin sonwriter, he WAS the band. whatta dick
    "If I took you to the river, well I bet you'd swim upstream.."<br /> -JL<br /> L.O.C.<br /> -2003-

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So Hard . . .
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

JIM was the DOORS!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    My Opinion is : Keep John [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Why should he go [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] he is a part of the doors like Ray , Jim and Robby
    Now that Jim is dead why they want to loose another bandmate ?
    The Doors 21st Century Suck [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    The Doors Rules [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    EVH: Definitely. Playing guitar was my sanctuary. It was the one place I could go to if I got fucked around by a girlfriend, or anyone else, for that matter. It still is. If thereís something I canít deal with, I can just spend hours playing. Itís a God-given gift Ė I certainly donít know where the ideas come from. Theyíre obviously given to you, and you have to keep your fingers moving and your mind quiet. I try my best to not think about thinking, so I can just let it flow. Because when I start thinking, forget it. <br />So....why he isn't playing guitar ? ? ?

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The bottom line for me is, even WITH Densmore, it still ain't the Doors!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Glenn:
    The bottom line for me is, even WITH Densmore, it still ain't the Doors!!!!
    Amen Glenn! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Look even their album cover for "The Best of THE DOORS" doesn't have Ol' Ray anywhere! Go figure?

[ February 13, 2003, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Ou812max ]
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children 1st
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:12 PM
    Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

Originally posted by Top Jimmy #1:
    HEY ASHOLE RAY-JIM was the DOORS!!! You were a fuckin sonwriter, he WAS the band. whatta dick
    Ray was a songwriter but Jim was the Doors? Think about that for a second. I'm pretty sure without someone to write the music for Jim's lyrics there would be no band. Ray was undoubtedly a HUGE part of The Doors. Nobody I've heard sounds like Ray behind the keyboard and without a doubt, there would have been no Doors without Ray. I think more than anybody in the band, Ray shared Jim's vision of what the band should represent. Ray was an integral part the band and I have no doubt that without him, none of us would know Jim Morrison even existed. Obviously, the same goes for Ray when it comes to Jim. Just another example of the incredibly rare chemistry it takes to write music that will probably be remembered long after we're all planted.

I'll agree with most, however, that without Jim it certainly ain't the Doors.
    Ni h-eibhneas gam Chlainn Domhnaill

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So Hard . . .
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure without someone to write the music for Jim's lyrics there would be no band
    I'm not shure of that me
    Jim whrote the lyrics
    He as a full concert in the head
    98 % of the lyrics come from Jim
    Jim was a poet and he was always whriting some poem [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    EVH: Definitely. Playing guitar was my sanctuary. It was the one place I could go to if I got fucked around by a girlfriend, or anyone else, for that matter. It still is. If thereís something I canít deal with, I can just spend hours playing. Itís a God-given gift Ė I certainly donít know where the ideas come from. Theyíre obviously given to you, and you have to keep your fingers moving and your mind quiet. I try my best to not think about thinking, so I can just let it flow. Because when I start thinking, forget it. <br />So....why he isn't playing guitar ? ? ?