Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I saw Ozzy last night at the Continental Airlines Arena in NJ, what a great show!!! Zakk Wylde is the BEST DAMN guitar player out there right now, the man is incredible!!!I was 8th row from the stage, definately very kool, and all of the money went to charity(the WTC one that is). Too bad it was the last night of the tour, they kicked some ass I have to say!!

[ December 24, 2001 at 11:27 AM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Very cool, DLR! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Ozzy is one of those guys who've eluded me each time he's come thru my area. Hopefully, I'll still get to check him out live sometime.

From what I've heard from "Gets Me Thru", Zakk is just a beast! In the video, I've noticed he's playing a chrome & black circle-striped Les Paul model. Did he ever find his other guitar that got ripped off a few months ago?

Anyway, glad you had a good time! How did his new backing band sound? Was Ozzy still jumping around like a freak? I saw him a few weeks ago on Stern (even though you can never be sure when those interviews were taped) and he was in fine form then! What a stitch!
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Awesome DLR. I hope to see him when he visits Oregon, but I don't think he's announced any west coast tour dates yet.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
    Very cool, DLR! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Ozzy is one of those guys who've eluded me each time he's come thru my area. Hopefully, I'll still get to check him out live sometime.

From what I've heard from "Gets Me Thru", Zakk is just a beast! In the video, I've noticed he's playing a chrome & black circle-striped Les Paul model. Did he ever find his other guitar that got ripped off a few months ago?

Anyway, glad you had a good time! How did his new backing band sound? Was Ozzy still jumping around like a freak? I saw him a few weeks ago on Stern (even though you can never be sure when those interviews were taped) and he was in fine form then! What a stitch!
    <hr></blockquote>

Yeah, Ozzy did some frog leaps, pretty funny. Really his band is not that new, Zakk has been playing for Ozzy since 1987, although this is about the first tour since 1992/93, save a few dates a couple of years later. Mike Bordin(Faith No More), and Robert Trujillo(Infectious Grooves, Suicidal Tendencies) have been playing with Ozzy since about 1996, maybe earlier....

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    Yeah, Ozzy did some frog leaps, pretty funny. Really his band is not that new, Zakk has been playing for Ozzy since 1987, although this is about the first tour since 1992/93, save a few dates a couple of years later. Mike Bordin(Faith No More), and Robert Trujillo(Infectious Grooves, Suicidal Tendencies) have been playing with Ozzy since about 1996, maybe earlier....<hr></blockquote>

[img]redface.gif[/img] Yeah, I guess it came out sounding like I was an Ozzy newbie!

I knew at one point Bordin did some stuff with Ozzy, but I didn't know if he'd toured with him. I guess now that I think about it, didn't he do the Ozzy / Sabbath tour 2 years ago? I think he did...

As far as Zakk...well, we've all heard about some of the road stories of Zakk & Ozzy. Does anyone know what caused Oz to drop ZW when he toured for Ozmosis? I could've sworn he was going to use Joe Holmes for that tour...not sure how far ol' Joe made it.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cabo Kid:

[img]redface.gif[/img] Yeah, I guess it came out sounding like I was an Ozzy newbie!

I knew at one point Bordin did some stuff with Ozzy, but I didn't know if he'd toured with him. I guess now that I think about it, didn't he do the Ozzy / Sabbath tour 2 years ago? I think he did...

As far as Zakk...well, we've all heard about some of the road stories of Zakk & Ozzy. Does anyone know what caused Oz to drop ZW when he toured for Ozmosis? I could've sworn he was going to use Joe Holmes for that tour...not sure how far ol' Joe made it.
    <hr></blockquote>

Ummmm Ozzy didn't "drop" Zakk for the Ozmossis tour, Zakk was too busy with his own band Pride n Glory.....and he did use Joe, since Zakk wastrying to do his own thing...and still is with Black Label Society

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Gotta agree! I saw Ozzy in Buffalo on the 16th and it was the best show I've been to...Even beat out DLR Band, just because his band was so tight. Zakk rocks! I was in 4th row and his fingers are frickin' fast! Wow! I was very impressed. His live version of "Gets Me Through" is a lot better than the CD one. Also on the tour were Soil, Mudvayne, and Rob Zombie. Rob was a really great performer with a tight band and the best stage show I've ever seen! The other two bands could've been left out...Not worth it and very repetitive.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NOaverageJOE:
    Gotta agree! I saw Ozzy in Buffalo on the 16th and it was the best show I've been to...Even beat out DLR Band, just because his band was so tight. Zakk rocks! I was in 4th row and his fingers are frickin' fast! Wow! I was very impressed. His live version of "Gets Me Through" is a lot better than the CD one. Also on the tour were Soil, Mudvayne, and Rob Zombie. Rob was a really great performer with a tight band and the best stage show I've ever seen! The other two bands could've been left out...Not worth it and very repetitive.<hr></blockquote>

Ozzy was great, but I thought the DLR show in Philly was btter...