Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Sounds pretty cool. I'm not sure if he's in for good or just for one album. I was wondering if Chris Cornell was the new singer of Van Halen. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/144...headlines=true

LOS ANGELES — The members of Rage Against the Machine will begin recording an album with former Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell next week.

The still-unnamed group has written about 20 songs for the effort, which will be produced by Rick Rubin (Rage, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys). The band will not be called Rage Against the Machine, said Gayle Fine, spokesperson for Rage's management, Q Prime, which will co-manage the new group with Cornell's management, Rebel Waltz.

Rage guitarist Tom Morello, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk began jamming and writing songs with Cornell earlier this year following the October departure of vocalist Zack de la Rocha (see "Chris Cornell, Rage Members Heading Back To Studio").

Rebel Waltz's Jim Guerinot said the foursome's sound is more rock than rock-rap.

It's still unknown which label — Rage's Epic or Cornell's Interscope — will release the album.

Though Soundgarden achieved large-scale success during the mid-'90s, Cornell's subsequent solo career got off to a cool start, with 1999's Euphoria Morning selling only 316,000 copies to date. Soundgarden's last three albums sold more than 8 million copies altogether.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What I heard was the labels were going to work out a joint deal where either they would alternate album releases or one would get domestic release and the other international.

Got to say I abhorred Rage, but this new group (Rage2.0 until they give us a name [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) is instantly viable now that they have a singer that doesn't suck monkey balls.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:02 PM
    Liked 1,347 Times in 924 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Halen:
    The still-unnamed group has written about 20 songs for the effort, which will be produced by Rick Rubin (Rage, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys). The band will not be called Rage Against the Machine, said Gayle Fine, spokesperson for Rage's management, Q Prime, which will co-manage the new group with Cornell's management, Rebel Waltz.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Imagine that, the lead singer quits, they get a new, previously known singer and the band changes their name. I wonder why they'd do that - they'd probably sell more records if the records said "Rage Against The Machine"

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cornell cant write a bad song but I dont know how it will sound combined with Morellos crap. This is old news anyway.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by billy007:

Imagine that, the lead singer quits, they get a new, previously known singer and the band changes their name. I wonder why they'd do that - they'd probably sell more records if the records said "Rage Against The Machine"
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And maybe Ray Danniels will enter
    their future sometime down the road! [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator