Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

we get to bring in a CD, and my general music class gets to listen to a song on it( there are only about 14 people in the music class ), and here are my choices, and we have to include the lyrics

Stairway To Heaven- Led Zeppelin
    Or Some VH?
    Unchained- Van Halen or a different song
    i don't know, and this is a class full that listens to pop/rap/ stupid stuff. but it can't have cuss words in it.

BTW, this girl might bring in the "Grease Soundtrack" and she said that was better music then Van Halen.. then she started teasing me, and calling Miss. Van Halen... ( just because i like the band, but i ignore what they say) and VH is better music then the grease soundtrack.

[ February 12, 2002 at 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Mean_Street ]</p>
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Dude... er... Dudette, don't let the Grease girl get you down. We all know Van Halen is better than Olivia anyday of the week.

If you really want be controversial on lyrical content, I'd recommend "Feelin'". The "Black is white, white is black; got politicians smoking crack" part rules, but I doubt you'd get away witht that.

What about And the cradle will rock, or could this be magic?
    Your favorite band sucks.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Stairway has been done to death. i remember a similar project in 7th grade, and someone played that. i don't even remember what i took in, maybe J Geils Band? damn, 7th grade was a million years ago...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Take in Little Guitars and have a semi-bi-lingual guitar extravaganza fest! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Just go for it!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

if i had VHIII i wouldn't take it in, the school probably already banned it

some good ideas, i think i could go with And The Cradle Will Rock. Its perfect for school, Have You Seen Juniors Grades? i'd bring in Hot For Teacher but the minor "H" word is in it. and feelin' is a bad one, i like the song and everything, but i'm trying to show the class that dave is the boss. er- was the boss, So i think i am going to bring in ATCWR. and- BREW CREW, what are you talking about??!?!

and xaminer , i like it better when it dude. [img]smile.gif[/img] .

[ February 12, 2002 at 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Mean_Street ]</p>
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

Originally posted by Mean_Street:
    if i had VHIII i wouldn't take it in, the school probably already banned it

some good ideas, i think i could go with And The Cradle Will Rock. Its perfect for school, Have You Seen Juniors Grades? i'd bring in Hot For Teacher but the minor "H" word is in it. and feelin' is a bad one, i like the song and everything, but i'm trying to show the class that dave is the boss. er- was the boss, So i think i am going to bring in ATCWR. and- BREW CREW, what are you talking about??!?!

and xaminer , i like it better when it dude. [img]smile.gif[/img] .
    Little Guitars: A great guitar tune AND it displays DLR as having a "semi-bi-lingual" lyric.....Senorita I'm in trouble again. Remember?
    That's what I am talking about! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Just go for it!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

oh ok. i love that song and all. DD is probably my 2nd Fave Album, i like the cover songs.

My dad says and the cradle will rock has a message, or something. You'll get through no matter how hard your life gets or something.

OR WAIT MAYBE I SHOULD BRING IN THE WALL AND PLAY The Happiest Days Of Lifes or all the wall except part 3, i dont really like 3, and my wall cd is burned so it doesnt fade into songs , and my dad didn't put them in order on the playlist.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

MS...I'd go with something less obvious..."Stairway" is NOT a good choice here...everyone thinks they know it, so you may not get a fair shake on the project...

How about something from the VH canon less well-known?
    Ice Cream Man
    Romeo Delight
    Where Have All The Good Times Gone
    The Full Bug
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

oh ok. i love that song and all. DD is probably my 2nd Fave Album, i like the cover songs.

My dad says and the cradle will rock has a message, or something. You'll get through no matter how hard your life gets or something.

OR WAIT MAYBE I SHOULD BRING IN THE WALL AND PLAY The Happiest Days Of Lifes or all the wall except part 3, i dont really like 3, and my wall cd is burned so it doesnt fade into songs , and my dad didn't put them in order on the playlist.
    If you take in the Wall then you'll have to take some munchies with you
    Also everyone will start shaving their nipples off...OUCH [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] Go with what you think has the best content for what you'll need to get an A.
    Van Halen is a must though....it's time for the rappers and the person that is teasing you to get to know real musicians! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    Just go for it!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Or wait... BOHEMIAN RHASPODY?!?!?! i don't understand what everything means in it. But I like it.

I'm just a poor boy nobody loves me.. i can picture it now. there is a choir that sings, OH Wait, "You Think You Can Stone Me And Spit In My Eye", i don't think i can now, unless someone can explain what that means..

AND IF I PLAY THE WALL, there might be a riot, and the kids with each take a kick to our principal Mr Johnson (who has a cast on his arm) and the kindergarteners might start a fire, then oh i don't know... BTW my mom works at my school, she is a recess teacher. and my teachers know i like van halen!!! so i'm sticking with van halen

[ February 12, 2002 at 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Mean_Street ]</p>

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SactoFan- some of those song you listed have cussing.

It isn't necessarillary (???) a project, its for the kids who don't play instruments and its something the teacher does, i just started like two weeks ago, and i haven't done this yet. We have to play Alto-Recorders, and i used to play flute which i hate, and i play guitar.

AND TODAY, our teacher gave us a valentine packet (boy, am i sick of packets) and there was a problem solve thing, and it was involving a rock star name Steele Ura Hart or something like that, and it showed a cartoonized pic of him, (hes not a real guitarist ) BUT OMG THE GUY LOOKED LIKE AN EDDIE VAN HALEN, HE HAD THE GUITAR DESIGN AND I COLORED IT AND IT ENDED UP LOOKING LIKE EVH!! and so i showed the people at my table and they were like "Why do you think everything looks like Eddie Van Halen?". i don't, oh well. maybe i'll scan it and put it up here.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

SactoFan- some of those song you listed have cussing.

It isn't necessarillary (???) a project, its for the kids who don't play instruments and its something the teacher does, i just started like two weeks ago, and i haven't done this yet. We have to play Alto-Recorders, and i used to play flute which i hate, and i play guitar.

AND TODAY, our teacher gave us a valentine packet (boy, am i sick of packets) and there was a problem solve thing, and it was involving a rock star name Steele Ura Hart or something like that, and it showed a cartoonized pic of him, (hes not a real guitarist ) BUT OMG THE GUY LOOKED LIKE AN EDDIE VAN HALEN, HE HAD THE GUITAR DESIGN AND I COLORED IT AND IT ENDED UP LOOKING LIKE EVH!! and so i showed the people at my table and they were like "Why do you think everything looks like Eddie Van Halen?". i don't, oh well. maybe i'll scan it and put it up here.
    Any one have that pic of Van Halen on the brain...this post fits it perfectly [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Just go for it!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OMG though the guitar is like eddies in the HFT vid, its the striped one, i have to scan it for ya guys, its weird, it looks sort of like eddie to me. but this pic has sunglasses and the pic he has his thumb up.