Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

JUDAS PRIEST Reunion With Rob Halford: Just A Matter Of Time - Jan. 2, 2002

JUDAS PRIEST fans who are desperately hoping for a reunion with vocalist Rob Halford on the group's next studio offering will be reassured by the fact that the sales of both PRIEST's and Halford's post-split efforts have gone steadily downhill since the singer announced his departure from the band back in 1992. Even though JUDAS PRIEST's last studio album with Halford, 1990's Painkiller, was certified gold for sales of over 500,000 copies in the US in January 1991, the band's subsequent releases—1997's Jugulator and 2001's Demolition—have shifted only a fraction of that amount. Meanwhile, Halford's solo attempts—first with FIGHT, then with TWO, and finally with HALFORD—started out strong, but quickly lost steam, with the vocalist's most recent studio CD, 2000's Resurrection, having failed to break the 60,000 mark (according to Soundscan), despite having garnered excellent reviews and been widely hailed as the album PRIEST should have made after Painkiller.

Here are the exact Soundscan figures for all the releases in question for the week ending December 30th, 2001:

FIGHT - War Of Words (1994): 223,385
    FIGHT - Small Deadly Space (1995): 67,253
    TWO - Voyeurs (1998): 47,431
    HALFORD - Resurrection (2000): 58,933
    HALFORD - Live Insurrection (2001): 22,449
    JUDAS PRIEST - Jugulator (1997): 107,707
    JUDAS PRIEST - Demolition (2001): 36,457

What does all this mean? Well, while it is unlikely that a JUDAS PRIEST reunion album with Halford would shift more than, say, 200,000 units (a number that is comparable to the Soundscan figure for IRON MAIDEN's comeback release with singer Bruce Dickinson, 2000's Brave New World), it would still be substantially more than another PRIEST CD with Tim “Ripper” Owens or a new HALFORD studio album would likely sell, thereby making it highly probable that the prospect of such a reunion will be seriously entertained following the release of HALFORD's forthcoming CD, which is tentatively due through Metal-Is Records in April. The chances of such a reunion are even greater when you consider the fact that JUDAS PRIEST's new US record label, Atlantic Records, must have paid a substantial amount (relatively speaking) for the rights to the group's most recent offering, the god-awful Demolition, only to see it move a measly 36,457 copies to date, according to Soundscan. And let's face it: unless Halford rejoins the group in time for the recording of the band's next effort, Atlantic ain't gonna be coughing up the cash for the group to do another one.

Before we close this subject, let's make it clear: the prospect of an imminent PRIEST reunion with Halford is nothing but speculation at this point, and it should not be accepted as “fact” until it is announced by an official source. However, in light of the above figures and facts, any thinking person could rightfully assume that the next JUDAS PRIEST studio CD will feature the vocals of Rob Halford. After all, it's the only scenario that makes any sense.

On a related note, Rob Halford is scheduled to participate in an online chat on January 18th from 1:00 PM until 2:00 PM (Pacific/California time). If you wish to take part in the chat, head over to www.themetalgod.com and register.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Has anyone heard Halford live in the past 10 years? I heard FIGHT play in front of Metallica in Austin several years ago at an outdoor concert....wonder if P1 was there? He sounded fine, but it wasn't Priest if you know what I mean. Personally I would pay to see JP live one more time with Rob. Just one suggestion.......drop "Hell bent for Leather" from the set list.
    FH I was flipping through the channels and caught Buckingham too. I first thought that he was playing a cool guitar, then I thought WTF tune is he playing? I agree, truly awful.
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I hope Halford re-joins Priest. I think it makes sense that they should reunite because both of their sales are struggling. Wait--that's the same situation that Van Halen is in.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by chewbaccamonkeylunch:
    Has anyone heard Halford live in the past 10 years? I heard FIGHT play in front of Metallica in Austin several years ago at an outdoor concert....wonder if P1 was there? He sounded fine, but it wasn't Priest if you know what I mean. Personally I would pay to see JP live one more time with Rob. Just one suggestion.......drop "Hell bent for Leather" from the set list.
    FH I was flipping through the channels and caught Buckingham too. I first thought that he was playing a cool guitar, then I thought WTF tune is he playing? I agree, truly awful.
    <hr></blockquote>

I saw Rob Halford(Fight) in 1992 at the Limelight in NYC, and it was a good show!! I also saw Halford in August of 2000 open for Iron Maiden at the PNC Arts Center, and it was good, but I think Rob's voice has changed, and he doesn't sound "As" great as he used to, but still good. I saw Judas Priest in 1997(98??) at Roseland in NYC, great show!!! I plan on seeing Judas Priest at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC in Feb too!!! I need my METAL!!! A reunion would be great, and Rob has mentioned that it isn't out of the question, also, I thought he went to see JP at a show live somewhere????

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

04.20.05 @ 02:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I saw him this past year with Halford. He opened for Ryche and Maiden, and he totally stole the show. He and his band blew away the others...not to mention his stage prowess was huge. He can still hit the notes, and his attitude is as bad as ever. I kinda think Priest is a little too far behind for him to rejoin. After all Halford is the Rock God!
    RLRR LRLL

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by paradiddle:
    I saw him this past year with Halford. He opened for Ryche and Maiden, and he totally stole the show. He and his band blew away the others...not to mention his stage prowess was huge. He can still hit the notes, and his attitude is as bad as ever. I kinda think Priest is a little too far behind for him to rejoin. After all Halford is the Rock God!<hr></blockquote>

when i saw Maiden/Queensryche/Halford, Maiden was the best that night, and Bruce kicked ass...

Last Online

09.14.15 @ 07:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I was going to say, I saw Halford/Ryche/Maiden in Buffalo two summers ago and Rob was good and got a huge response, but Maiden was on fire that night!

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by chewbaccamonkeylunch:
    Has anyone heard Halford live in the past 10 years? I heard FIGHT play in front of Metallica in Austin several years ago at an outdoor concert....wonder if P1 was there? He sounded fine, but it wasn't Priest if you know what I mean. Personally I would pay to see JP live one more time with Rob. Just one suggestion.......drop "Hell bent for Leather" from the set list.<hr></blockquote>

Nope, I wasn't there. The last time I saw Rob Halford live was during JP's Ram It Down tour. I did see JP with the new guy a few years ago though. They played at Caravan of Dreams in Fort Worth - a little jazz club! I had a great time, but it wasn't the same without Halford.
    If they do reunite, I hope they drop everything after Defenders from the set list. Gotta keep Hell Bent though - that's when the Metal God fires up the Harley!
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

No freaking way, JP at the Caravan of Dreams? Hilarious! I saw Loverboy there a few years ago. Don't ask me why.
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

04.20.05 @ 02:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Oops...don't get me wrong, Maiden was the boss for sure...but knowing Halford and Ozzy forged the way for bands like Maiden and Ryche was my only point. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    RLRR LRLL

Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

humans being
    Last Online

02.10.12 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seen Halford live?? Check this out
    http://www.geocities.com/raythehammer/robhalford.html

Ive seen him in a small club, open for Maiden, then at the House of Blues doing an extended show (not to mention all the times I saw Priest with Rob at the helm)and everthing you guys already said is true, Rob Halford is awesome. As for Priest they are NOTHING like the Priest of old. Now adays they are riding on the name alone which is a shame considering how epic they WERE!
    "And the Cradle will Rock!"

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Rob Halford IS Judas Priest.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Anything with DLR
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.03.16 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 175 Times in 81 Posts

In addition, I think Tipton and Downing are very underrated guitarists....

I'd love to see a reunion...

Where has that been said before.... It'll come to me...
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. Iím an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RayBan:
    Seen Halford live?? Check this out
    http://www.geocities.com/raythehammer/robhalford.html

Ive seen him in a small club, open for Maiden, then at the House of Blues doing an extended show (not to mention all the times I saw Priest with Rob at the helm)and everthing you guys already said is true, Rob Halford is awesome. As for Priest they are NOTHING like the Priest of old. Now adays they are riding on the name alone which is a shame considering how epic they WERE!
    <hr></blockquote>

I saw Priest in 98, and I thought they were great!!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FORD:
    Rob Halford IS Judas Priest.<hr></blockquote>

This time YOU beat me to it