Fire Department paramedics
    pronounced him dead at the scene.

A cause of death is yet to be
    determined by the coroner, whose
    spokesperson said the case will be
    worked as a possible accidental
    drug overdose. An autopsy is
    scheduled for Thursday (June 6).
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No fucking way..........

Prayers to his family.
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Damn this sucks [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    only Johnny Ramone and Tommy Ramone are left alive
    of the orginal four Ramones

DEE DEE RAMONE 1952-2002
    JOEY RAMONE May 19.1951 - April 15, 2001
    “I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute “ Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

WHOA!!!
    I just read in the daily news that he had an art exhibit planned soon here in the city! Marky, Johnny, watch your ass! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Pasadena Murdock:

DEE DEE RAMONE 1952-2002
    Don't forget Marky. I know he joined after Tommy bolted, but he's still as much a part of the Ramone history as the Tommy.

As for CJ, well................
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

damn...you know you're getting old when your childhood heroes start dying...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by twonabomber:
    damn...you know you're getting old when your childhood heroes start dying...
    Well, some of my childhood heroes where already dead when I was getting into them, so.. there goes that theory
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK, so you're not old...but i'm gettin' there...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pasadena Murdock:

DEE DEE RAMONE 1952-2002
    Don't forget Marky. I know he joined after Tommy bolted, but he's still as much a part of the Ramone history as the Tommy.

As for CJ, well................
    </font>[/QUOTE]I know know Marky was there after Tommy left and was in the band alot longer than Tommy was.

I just meant the original four members were Joey, Johnny, Tommy, and Dee Dee.

Followed by Marky, Richie, and C.J.

[ June 06, 2002, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Pasadena Murdock ]
    “I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute “ Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Marky Ramone is best known for the 15 years he spent drumming for the legendary RAMONES. Marky appeared in the cult classic film "Rock n Roll High School" in 1979, performed over 1700 shows and recorded over 15 albums (studio, live) with the RAMONES.

In 2002, Marky and his bandmates became the first punk rock ensemble to be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Marky's radio show on Sirius XM satellite radio was rated the #2 show on the Faction channel in 2009. Also appearing on various TV shows (including Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" and IFC's "Z Rock"), Marky shows no signs of slowing down as he continues to tour the world with his new band, MARKY RAMONE'S BLITZKRIEG, also featuring Michale Graves (ex-MISFITS) on vocals, Alex Kane on guitar and Clare B on bass. The band plays all the classics that lead to Marky's induction into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame!

MARKY RAMONE'S BLITZKRIEG is currently in the studio working on its first release, which will be available early 2010.

For more information, go to http://www.myspace.com/markyramone.

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Eruption
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets
    Last Online

11.01.17 @ 03:25 PM
    Liked 607 Times in 299 Posts

Now the last of the original Ramones has passed.....
    http://nypost.com/2014/07/12/ramones...ne-dead-at-62/

Weird cause I had just popped in End of the Century three nights ago to re-watch it.
    Oh well RIP Tommy......
    A new short film I made, please like/follow:
    http://facebook.com/umbrellashortfilm

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:49 PM
    Liked 11,726 Times in 6,497 Posts

Premium Member

Default TOMMY RAMONE, LAST OF THE ORIGINAL RAMONES, DEAD AT 62

Drummer Tommy Ramone, the last surviving member of the four founding Ramones, died of cancer Friday at age 62 (some outlets place his age at 65). Born Thomas Erdelyi in 1952, in the band's early formative years, Tommy also served as record producer  and manager. Tommy was responsible for writing "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" and co-writing "Blitzkrieg Bop," two songs that helped put the Ramones on the map and forever change the future of music.

Named after the pseudonym Paul McCartney used at hotels while he was still a Beatle, The Ramones came together in the mid-seventies and recorded their first of 14 albums in 1976. Tommy, apparently the most functional of the group, left in 1978. The party lifestyle and touring exhausted him.

With the death of Tommy, and since the band's break up in 1996, all four of the original Ramones have died, and done so prematurely. In 2001, lead singer Joey Ramone died of cancer at age 49; Dee Dee Ramone, the band's founder and bassist died at 51 of a suspected heroin overdose in 2002; guitarist Johnny Ramone was only 55 when he died of prostate cancer in 2004.

While the Ramones were never Top 40 stars, the band's influence, especially in Britain, was every bit as profound as that of the Beatles here in America. Using four chords, an insane tempo, songs that started with an explosion of noise ("Hey, ho, let's go!") and frequently didn’t reach the two minute mark, Dee Dee, Joey, Johnny and Tommy invented what became known as Punk Rock.

The Ramones also revived rock 'n' roll as a whole. Upon their arrival, the American music scene was awash in disco and silly love songs like "Silly Love Songs" and "Don't Go Breaking My Heart." Although mainstream success would always elude them (not that they minded), The Ramones' influence on other musicians was profound and not just musical; the Ramones served as a reminder of what rock 'n' roll was supposed to stand for -- which was "Screw you, I'm not bothering you, why are you bothering me."

Though (among other things) it caused all kinds of strife between them, there's no question that the band's attitude and posture was affected in a positive way based on Johnny's political conservatism and Joey's liberalism. The result was mercurial, impossible to define. During the 80's the band recorded the song "Bonzo Goes to Bitburg" criticizing then-President Reagan; in 2002, Johnny delivered what is still the most punk rock moment of the new century when, in front of a left-wing Hall of Fame audience, he asked God to bless American and George W. Bush. 

This is what made The Ramones The Ramones. 

In the late 70's the Ramones went as mainstream as they ever would with a move into something best described as Punk Pop. In 1979, Roger Corman captured this era beautifully in the band's film debut, "Rock 'n' Roll High School" (which is currently streaming on Netflix) Though they sold more albums during this time, the band preferred the purity of punk, returned to their roots, and never looked back.

The Ramones performed on stage together for the last time in 1996. In 2002, they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The Ramones were brats, adolescents, their own men, pure, unadulterated, joyously angry, simple but never dumb.

Most of all they were free … and now they are gone, all of them, and that just seems impossible.

For those wondering what all the fuss is about, "The End of the Century" is a must 

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 6,969 Times in 5,005 Posts

Premium Member

This story has been all over the locals news station - CP24 .
    I wasn't a fan of the band but can respect their legacy . They influenced a few acts that I do listen too . R.I.P.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:31 PM
    Liked 2,381 Times in 1,486 Posts

Premium Member

All gone RIP......lives cut short like the length of their songs......1234!!!!!!!

Always thought they were a hybrid of Buddy Holly and the Beach Boys with a fast beat.
    Last edited by edwardv; 07.12.14 at 05:03 PM. Reason: bored as shit
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 2,272 Times in 1,165 Posts

RIP guys,

One of the most IMPORTANT bands in the history of music.

They inspired so many.