Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Do you know anything about Pearl Jam covering "Plush" by STP,presumably as a joke? I downloaded a version from Napster,but it doesn't sound like Eddie mimicing Scott Weiland...is it just another fuckup or is it PJ? It's definitely live...downloaded a couple versions and each one is the same.

It cracks me up that Weiland has intro'd Plush with,"...here's a song written by Pearl Jam,">>>>>>at least he has a good sense o' humor 'bout it soundin' so PJ...

------------------
    Eat Us and Smile ONE TIME!!!!!!

Check out these a here blues: www.fatpossum.com

"Now we're going to get our kicks!"--Dean Moriarity

"Fix my supper let me go to bed
    This white lightnin' done gone to my head..."--Bukka White

"I coulda had religion that very same old day
    But wine and women wouldn't let the poor boy pray..."--Johnny Farmer

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There's a lot of crap like that on Napster, people think its eddie singing so they go ahead and label it that. I seriously doubt thats PJ.

STP (cheap immitation)

------------------
    "Me and Jeff are going to go to the front gate and when you guys exit we're going to beat the fucking shit out of every barefoot person" Eddie Vedder (after fans were throwing their shoes on stage, hitting the band)

"Their aren't that many true music fans out there and the ones that are, are usually musicians"

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Raftah,are you still hangin' 'round here? If so,I was wonderin' if ya got the Pearl Jam fan club Christmas single--I believe they "covered" 'Crown of Thorns' by Mother Love Bone(I dig 'em). I 'member a long,long time ago Eddie sayin' how one MLB tune really hit home fo him and how he'd like to sing it. Could this be the one or am I just a fool?

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blind Willie Loons:

Raftah,are you still hangin' 'round here? If so,I was wonderin' if ya got the Pearl Jam fan club Christmas single--I believe they "covered" 'Crown of Thorns' by Mother Love Bone(I dig 'em). I 'member a long,long time ago Eddie sayin' how one MLB tune really hit home fo him and how he'd like to sing it. Could this be the one or am I just a fool?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey BWL I would love to comment on this one cause the track your refering too COT was recorded at the benefit concert in seattle last october which I went too.

That was a total surprise to me cause I had never heard PJ play that song on anything. I loved MLB(RIPAndrewWood) and for them to bust out that song was unbeleivable.

Ya know Andrew Wood's memorial or were he was buried is in my hometown(Bremerton,Wa) which is a real trip. All it is, is a plauque on a wall with guess what? A crown of thorns.

I could talk days about the "seattle scene" but I thought I'd enliten you with those facts.

------------------
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags

"It's like somebody stealing your car and coming back the next week saying, hey check out my new car!" -EVH talkin' bout his two-hand tapping technique

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Have you heard Mother Love Bone's cover of Queen's "I'm In Love With My Car?" It is AWESOME! The machine of a dream...

I went on a cross-country road trip a few seasons ago and when I was in Seattle,I checked out the place where they had the Kurt Cobain memorial and I took pictures of the bridge he supposedly lived for a bit...had I made it to the Lovechild's memorial,I think it would have been cool and good karma to leave a KIZZ album and a tennis racket--but then again,didn't he OD the night before he was goin' to meet Paul and Gene? Maybe it'd be bettah to leave a Queen cd--one with "I'm In Love With My Car." Cars don't talk back...

Have ya caught Eddie singin' a few bars o'"I'm goin' hungry..." at a PJ show?