Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bl....net/index.aspx

AC/DC: No New Music Until Late 2003 - Jan. 20, 2003

Contrary to previously published reports, AC/DC's next studio effort will not surface in March.

The band, who last album, "Stiff Upper Lip", was released in 2000, will meet in New York in March for the first time since the end of the "Stiff Upper Lip" tour to talk about the upcoming CD, vocalist Brian Johnson confirmed during an appearance last week on "The Mancow Show".

Guitarists Angus Young and brother Malcolm will then hook up with Johnson in London to rehearse the new songs.

Although no official release date has yet been given for the new CD, it is highly unlikely that the as-yet-untitled effort will surface before the end of the year.

In other news, Australian newspaper The Sunday Herald ran a short story yesterday (Jan. 19) on the alleged snubbing of former AC/DC bassist Mark Evans by the Rock 'N' Roll Hall Of Fame.

Despite having been told last November that he and fellow AC/DC band members Angus, Malcolm, Brian, Cliff Williams, Phil Rudd and the late Bon Scott were to be inducted into the Hall of Fame in March, Evans — who left the band in 1977 — was subsequently informed by the Hall Of Fame organizers that his name was no longer on the list and that he didn't meet the required criteria for inclusion.

Evans — who spent time in the Australian band HEAVEN in the mid-'80s — played on AC/DC's "High Voltage", "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap", "TNT", and "Let There Be Rock" albums, which have sold a combined 11 million copies in the U.S.

(Thanks: Rising Power)

[ January 20, 2003, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What The Fuck is this shit???? Mark Evans is the man on some of AC/DC's MOST IMPORTANT AND BEST ALBUMS!!!!! THE ENTIRE BON ERA IS ALL THAT MATTERS WITH AC/DC, and Cliff WIlliams only plyed on Powerage and Highway To Hell(and IF You Want Blood which is LIVE, so I don't really count that)....

TNT
    Let There Be Rock
    Dirty Deeds
    High Voltage

Fuck That, they better let him in!!!

Also, if they don't let Mark into the RRHOF and they let Fatso(1986)in with Van HALEN then there is some serious BS going on...

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

http://www.rockhall.com/hof/process.asp

Election Of Inductees

Leaders in the music industry joined together in 1983 to establish the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. One of the Foundation’s many functions is to recognize the contributions of those who have had a significant impact on the evolution, development and perpetuation of rock and roll by inducting them into the Hall of Fame.

Performers
    Artists become eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record. Criteria include the influence and significance of the artist’s contributions to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll.

The Foundation’s nominating committee, composed of rock and roll historians, selects nominees each year in the Performer category. Ballots are then sent to an international voting body of about 1,000 rock experts. Those performers who receive the highest number of votes, and more than 50 percent of the vote, are inducted. The Foundation generally inducts five to seven performers each year.

Non-Performers
    Songwriters, producers, disc jockeys, record executives, journalists and other industry professionals who have had a major influence on the development of rock and roll.

Early Influences
    Artists whose music predated rock and roll but had an impact on the evolution of rock and roll and inspired rock’s leading artists.

The special selection committee elects the inductees in the Non-performer and Early Influences categories.

Side Men
    This category was introduced in 2000. It honors those musicians who have spent their career out of the spotlight, performing as backup musicians for major artists on recording sessions and in concert. Though they often play a key role in the creation of memorable music, the public rarely knows them by name. A separate committee, composed primarily of producers, selects the inductees in this category.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    Also, if they don't let Mark into the RRHOF and they let Fatso(1986)in with Van HALEN then there is some serious BS going on...
    ROTFLMFAO! Ya Damn Rothtard!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Ou812max:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    ROTFLMFAO! Ya Damn Rothtard!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]I thought the potential hypocrisy was obvious!!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Bummer, I was really looking forward to some new AC/DC in the spring and a tour in the summer. [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]
    You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

In other news, Australian newspaper The Sunday Herald ran a short story yesterday (Jan. 19) on the alleged snubbing of former AC/DC bassist Mark Evans by the Rock 'N' Roll Hall Of Fame.

Despite having been told last November that he and fellow AC/DC band members Angus, Malcolm, Brian, Cliff Williams, Phil Rudd and the late Bon Scott were to be inducted into the Hall of Fame in March, Evans — who left the band in 1977 — was subsequently informed by the Hall Of Fame organizers that his name was no longer on the list and that he didn't meet the required criteria for inclusion.

Evans — who spent time in the Australian band HEAVEN in the mid-'80s — played on AC/DC's "High Voltage", "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap", "TNT", and "Let There Be Rock" albums, which have sold a combined 11 million copies in the U.S.
    I guess I just don't understand the "criteria for inclusion". I could see if he was some guy that joined the band mid-stream and played on only one or two albums (didn't they have a drummer that fit that bill?) but he was on the first album (apparently after the band made one single that didn't even feature Bon Scott - does that version of "Can I Sit Next To You Girl" still exist?) and while he was not a founding member, he was a member of the band when they were first established (as recording artists), and to me that should merit inclusion whether that was the only album he was on or he went to play on several albums (as he did).

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by billy007:

I guess I just don't understand the "criteria for inclusion". I could see if he was some guy that joined the band mid-stream and played on only one or two albums (didn't they have a drummer that fit that bill?) but he was on the first album (apparently after the band made one single that didn't even feature Bon Scott - does that version of "Can I Sit Next To You Girl" still exist?) and while he was not a founding member, he was a member of the band when they were first established (as recording artists), and to me that should merit inclusion whether that was the only album he was on or he went to play on several albums (as he did).</font>[/QUOTE]That's fucked up!

Timothy B.Schmidt only played on one Eagles album,THE LONG RUN and his ass got inducted along with the rest of the Eagles.
    "I'm not as think as you drunk I am."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by billy007:

I guess I just don't understand the "criteria for inclusion". I could see if he was some guy that joined the band mid-stream and played on only one or two albums (didn't they have a drummer that fit that bill?) but he was on the first album (apparently after the band made one single that didn't even feature Bon Scott - does that version of "Can I Sit Next To You Girl" still exist?) and while he was not a founding member, he was a member of the band when they were first established (as recording artists), and to me that should merit inclusion whether that was the only album he was on or he went to play on several albums (as he did).</font>[/QUOTE]he was on
    TNT
    Dirty Deeds
    Let There Be Rock
    High Voltage

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think he should be inducted as well.

Of course Bon Scott gets inducted.

But what about:

Simon Wright (replaced Phil Rudd in 1983)
    Chris Slade (replaced Simon Wright only to be replaced by original drummer Rudd).

Do these guys get a piece of the RNR Hall of Fame too?
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

he was on
    TNT
    Dirty Deeds
    Let There Be Rock
    High Voltage
    exactly, which is why I don't understand why he doesn't fit the Hall of Fame's criteria for inclusion.

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Ou812max:
    ROTFLMFAO! Ya Damn Rothtard!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Actually, by this logic, DAVE is the one who is at greater risk of being denied entry into the RRHOF...

I can just see the thread you will start then:

"David Lee Roth Original Van HALEN Vocalist denied entry in Rock N Roll Hall OF Fame!!!"

[img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

[ January 21, 2003, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Guitar Shark ]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet:
    I think he should be inducted as well.

Of course Bon Scott gets inducted.

But what about:

Simon Wright (replaced Phil Rudd in 1983)
    Chris Slade (replaced Simon Wright only to be replaced by original drummer Rudd).

Do these guys get a piece of the RNR Hall of Fame too?
    Well those guys are not founding members, and they played on pretty lame albums. Plus they don't fit the 25+ criteria mark.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Guitar Shark:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ou812max:
    ROTFLMFAO! Ya Damn Rothtard!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Actually, by this logic, DAVE is the one who is at greater risk of being denied entry into the RRHOF...

I can just see the thread you will start then:

"David Lee Roth Original Van HALEN Vocalist denied entry in Rock N Roll Hall OF Fame!!!"

[img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Uh yeah...

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I was really hoping to seel them next summer in hopes they do something new on stage.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.