Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Hey all, make sure you run by your local music store and purchase the new Rush Album, Vapor Trails, today. They have never had a number one album before, this is a good oppurtunity for a truly outstanding Rock Band. And the album is actually very good also, so you won't be waisting your money either.

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

I'm in for a copy. Rush kicks ass [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm there dude. Just counting the minutes til lunch.
    Here's an interview with Alex and Geddy about Vapor Trails: CHECK IT OUT
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Favorite VH Album

First 6 albums and bov1
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

03.16.12 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Soon as I get out of class, I am going to get the cd. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Already got it! I will wait till I listen a few times before writing my thoughts on it.
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Diver Down, I got it about 2 hours ago. I know what you mean about waiting a while before you get to the nuts and bolts.

One Little Victory, Peaceable Kingdom, and Nocturne are pretty immediate, but the other's will take more time, like all Rush song's.

But I really love Peaceable Kingdom! That is the most unique Rush song since "Beneath, Between, Behind", which for some reason I love.

I bought two to try and get them over the hump with that "Number 1 Album" thing they have been chasing for the last 25 years. They got close in '94, but damn Pear Jam screwed 'em!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by willy4pres:
    Diver Down, I got it about 2 hours ago. I know what you mean about waiting a while before you get to the nuts and bolts.

One Little Victory, Peaceable Kingdom, and Nocturne are pretty immediate, but the other's will take more time, like all Rush song's.

But I really love Peaceable Kingdom! That is the most unique Rush song since "Beneath, Between, Behind", which for some reason I love.

I bought two to try and get them over the hump with that "Number 1 Album" thing they have been chasing for the last 25 years. They got close in '94, but damn Pear Jam screwed 'em!
    Funny you mentioned that, I bought 'Ten' along with 'Vapor Trails' today.

I love "PEAR Jam"!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'm about halfway through my first listen. A lot of it doesn't seem very distinctive, but I'm like others who often take several listens in order to really get into a Rush album.

One disappointing thing is the sound. It's very crunchy sounding; not the instruments themselves, but whenever they're thrashing away I can hear (on headphones of course) a crunchiness that goes along with the sound. Not as extreme, but similar to the sections of Fire In the Hole where you can hear the crunch. Kind of distracting to my ears.

Best song so far is Ghost Rider!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

This one is taking me a long time to get into, but after several run's, I really like it. It's total Rush, so it's not like listening to a Van Halen album, not allot of immediate coolness.

I heard allot of people think Ghost Rider is the best song on the disk, I haven't gotten into it yet, maybe another listen will wake me up.

Overall it's probably there best album since HYF, IMO.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ghost Rider has some great lyrics. I'm glad to see that Neil chose not to gloss over what he was going through when his wife and daughter died. Powerful stuff.

Overall I like what I've heard so far. The production could've been cleaner, but the music has an energy that was totally missing on Test For Echo.
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I can't stand that arrogant windbag Republ......

Oh, you mean the BAND, Rush??

Well that's different!

Though I'm honestly not sure about this album yet. After a 7 year wait, I would have thought they would have had some better shit....
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The last few songs are pretty good so far; I'll definitely need to listen a few more times to get used to it.

There aren't any songs that blew me away like Stick It Out or Driven.

BTW, FORD, RD is still managing them, too. Have you been banned from Rush boards yet? [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    LIGHT 'EM UP!! <br />Smoke 'em if you got 'em!<br /><br /><a href="http://vhstrungout.com" target="_blank">StrungOut</a> Administrator<br /><a href="http://ClassicVanHalen.com" target="_blank">ClassicVH</a> / <a href="http://diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">Diamond Dave</a> Moderator

Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Last Online

03.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 868 Times in 463 Posts

All I can say is keep listening to this record, folks. I've been listening to this album for about a month now and it definitely grows on you more and more. The songs come more into focus and this really is Rush showing their craft as songwriters, not just self-indulgent progressive rockers. Also their mastering of the "studio" as paintbrush, texturizing and coloring the songs in layers and layers of simple notes and phrases, is genius on this record. There isn't a blatant guitar solo anywhere to be found yet every song is complete and full. Also (as I had surmised but only found out for sure today when I bought the CD and read the liner notes) there are no synthesizers or keyboards on this CD. And according to the Vapor Trails bio on www.rush.com by Peart, Rush consciously tried to replace the keyboard parts with vocals and/or guitar texturing. Amazing. To my ears, it is one of the most "complete" Rush albums.

Outstanding tracks: "One Little Victory," "Ghost Rider," "Peaceable Kingdom," "The Stars Look Down," "How It Is," "Secret Touch" and "Earthshine".

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or 1984 by mood
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

07.19.13 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay, FC (Oh, KFC - ??) -

I'm hoping there will be a payoff, because I'm finding this album a little demanding right off the line.

The irony is, I keep hoping for some of Rush's trademark off-kilter time signatures and prog-rock flourishes, and it's that very straightforwardness I'd crave from other artists that's actually alienating me a bit from this album.

The songs do seem to be improving incrementally with each spin...
    Classic Van Halen. In Pace Requiescant.

"...sure I'm on zoloft. That's so I don't hafta kill none o' y'all..." - Mike Tyson

and by the way...

Eat Us And Smile.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THIM
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYTHING SEP HOW MENY SAY I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ok this is going to be ohkey but i have one word to say about this cd RUSH! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "I Want The Best! Of Both Worlds!<br />AAAAAAWWWWWWWWW-Van Halen Live With Out A Net.