Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

MTV News is reporting a new cd from APC. No word on when it's going to be out. I can't wait.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/145...t_circle.jhtml

A Perfect Circle have 80 percent of the music already recorded for their follow-up to Mer De Noms and hope to get the album in stores by spring 2003, guitarist Troy Van Leeuwen said last week.

"It's definitely a step up from the last record," Van Leeuwen said, adding that anyone who liked the band's 2000 debut should dig the new tunes. "A Perfect Circle kind of established its sound, and I think there's just more of that. It's very ethereal and builds up to the heavy thing rather than being heavy all the time."

As soon as singer Maynard James Keenan gets off the road with Tool, he plans to focus on writing the rest of the vocal melodies and lyrics for APC's second effort, Van Leeuwen said.

Guitarist Billy Howerdel, Van Leeuwen, bassist Paz Lenchantin and drummer Josh Freese have been working on the material for much of the last year at Howerdel's home studio (see "Howerdel Hopes To Revive A Perfect Circle Next Year").

Van Leeuwen is on the road as a touring guitarist for Queens of the Stone Age (see "Queens Of The Stone Age Go Deaf In NYC").

—Jon Wiederhorn
    Your favorite band sucks.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I thought APC released the best album of 2000. Put me down as another who can't wait for the release!
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

3 Libras & the Hollow are my 2 faves, but all APC tracks on Mer De Noms where fantastic! Hands down, best CD of 2000
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have to say that I liked APC a lot more than the latest Tool...
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The last Tool album was a real yawner...

[img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's cool, I am excited about the new APC CD, becuase that will tide me over for the five years in between TOOL releases. I really liked the 2000 CD.....I may even agree that it is the best of the year.

But how the hell could you say APC's last album was better than TOOL's latest? Or that TOOL's latest was a yawner. I love that CD. I loved it when I bought it and I love it more now. One of my all time favorite albums. I think the title song is the most finely arranged song...ever.
    Gozer the Traveller will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a very large and moving Torb. Then of course in the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him, that of a Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.
    -Lewis Tully in Ghostbusters