Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

Little Dreamer

debut,, what else
    Favorite VH Song

mean streets ..doa
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey to the forum..... saw my FIRST concert last night... it was the DLR AND SAMMY TOUR live in DALLAS TEXAS..
    It wasnt van halen,, but i loved it....

my question is does anyone know about BRIAN YOUNG,, Daves' guitarist.... that man was simply awesome..... going into the concert, my comments for everyone,, "yeah, itll be cool, but Eddies not there"... he wasnt but this guy would make u think he was.....

Does anyone know more of him,,, (career),,, who has he played with before.... also, i heard from a friend, that Steve Vai used to play with DLR.........

anybody know feel free to email me at

sometimes im away, and cant get to the site that quick..

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

05.27.16 @ 08:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Brian was the last guitar player for the Atomic Punks, who are regarded the premier VH dave-era cover band. They play mainly the West Coast of the US, but are beginning to branch out.

Yes, Brian is phenomenal. I got to see him with the Punks back in March before Dave added him to his band for this tour. Cool thing is he has the entire package down, the chops, the stage presence, and the comfort with his playing that makes him come across as incredibly natural doing Ed's stuff. A few of our board members have taken lessons from him in the past, including Fab Shadow and Kujo5150.

Vai played on Roth's first two solo albums after his split from VH.

[ June 16, 2002, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Wolfman ]

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 11:20 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Welcome, I'm going to move this to the Music Only forum. It'll get more exposer.
    My Band

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 03:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Actually, the Punks branched out quite some time ago.

When they first started out, they were initially playing in the SoCal area, with occasional dates that eventually turned regular in Arizona, Vegas, and Seattle. They've already been to Hawaii and played on the East Coast quite a few times. I even lobbied like a mofo to get them to play on base in Japan, where I was previously stationed, but the entertainment director decided to save money by hiring cheap-ass cover Filipino bands that could barely karaoke, let alone pass themselves off as talented musicians. Ralph gave me an audition videotape and an 8x10 glossy for the powers-that-be, but it just never materialized.

As an afterthought, Brian was the best guitarist the Punks ever had. Better than Bart Walsh, IMO. And, sadly enough, don't expect him back. I asked Ralph last Friday night when they played here in San Diego if Brian was ever coming back after the DLR tour, and he said "No". When I asked why, he said, "What Dave wants, Dave gets, y'know?"

There ya have it.

[ June 16, 2002, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Vince G. ]
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008