Register
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A friend attended a show with Everclear and another couple of bands.....anyways.......he brought his daugher (8th Grader) who's doing a paper for her history class on the history of rock and roll. While they were back stage they met the lead singer for Everclear..(Art?)

My friend introduced himself to Art and explained that his daughter was doing a project for school on the history of rock and roll, and if they could ask him a few quetions about rock and roll from a "rock stars" perspective that would be used in her paper. Art said sure. My buddy whipped out a tape recorder, and Art rambled on for about 10 minutes about his take on rock and roll.

That's pretty cool. Here's a guy selling millions of records and he took some time out to help an 8th grader on her history report.

I think if your asked Eddie to give some input on what Rock and roll is, he'd probably give you a Marlboro and a Malt Liquor and tell you to start there.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

That is a great story. Art seems to have a problem with marriage (he's on marriage #3 I believe) but it's pretty evident in his songwriting that he loves his daughter very much. I'm sure that finding out it was a youth who wanted the information, he was more than happy to provide it.

Art probably has a bit of a different perspective than many musicians in their sales prime, in that he's almost 40 years old. His age surely gives him a better stability for dealing with things like fans and fame.

story Jimmy.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My friend is a music director at a local radio station. I was a part-time DJ at the station a few years back. He and I would go to a lot of shows back then and do the "meet and greet" thing.

I'll never forget me and him at the Smashing Pumpkins show. He's 42, thick glasses, bushy hair. I'm 5'8", 230lbs with a Van Halen shirt on..........we stuck out like sore thumb..............

Anyways, he's been to a lot of these things and he said that Everclear was having a great time with the fans. Just smiling and signing whatever. He said they realled seemed like they were enjoying the success and they were in their element.

The thing about Everclear,.....I love every tune I've heard from them.........but I don't own a single album..........I guess it's off to CDnow.com. Anq suggestions on what album I should start with?
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimmy:
    Anq suggestions on what album I should start with? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The thing I love about Everclear is that they sing about frustration and anger, but they do it with enough of a sense of humor that it doesn't come off whiny.

Anyway, I've got 4 of their albums. Best to worst I'd say would be

1. So Much For The Afterglow
    2. Songs From an American Movie Pt 1-Learning How to Smile
    3. Sparkle and Fade
    4. Songs From an American Movie Pt 2-Good Time for a Bad Attitude

The first three of those I can listen to every song, the last one has a few songs that I don't really care for (Baby Talk is horrible), but it's still a good record.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

So Much For The Afterglow. One of my all-time favorite albums.

That is one awesome story, by the way!
    www.mayakuper.com

"VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere