Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Fuckaszzzzz!!!!! This will be a great show!!! See ya there!!! I am outta here!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

KICK ASS SHOW!!! I am seeing them again on sunday at the Tweeter Center in Camden!

Rush's setlists Set 1:
    "Tom Sawyer"
    "Distant Early Warning"
    "New World Man"
    "Roll the Bones"
    "Earthshine"
    "YYZ"
    "The Pass"
    "Bravado"
    "The Big Money"
    "Between Sun and Moon"
    "Vital Signs"
    "Natural Science."

Set 2:
    "One Little Victory"
    "Driven"
    "Ceiling Unlimited"
    "Secret Touch"
    "Dreamline"
    "Red Sector A"
    "Leave That Thing Alone"
    "The Rhythm Method"(drum solo)
    "Resist"
    "Overture" and "Temples of Syrinx"
    "Limelight"
    "La Villa Strangiato"
    "Spirit of Radio."

Encore:
    "By-Tor & the Snow Dog"
    "Cygnus X-1"
    "Working Man."

[ July 15, 2002, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No 'Ghost Rider'? They played that at Saratoga - love that song!! Wasn't the show incredible? They had soo much energy. I really can't believe that Neil Peart can keep going at the pace he does. I loved the laser effects too, nice touch.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

06.22.15 @ 03:18 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

[img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] What's with only 4 songs off the new kick ass albums alongside so many songs from the last 3 crappy ones???
    not another dime from me, fellas...

tinzen

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My only guess is that they didn't like the way they sounded in rehearsals, or just felt 4 was enough. But yes, I think this great album deserves more live exposure.
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Diver Down NJ:
    My only guess is that they didn't like the way they sounded in rehearsals, or just felt 4 was enough. But yes, I think this great album deserves more live exposure.
    I have seen Rush for years, this is my 12th show, and they normally showcase 3 to 4 new songs per show. Think about their entire cataloge is outstanding, and people want to hear the old stuff too.

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I was in NYC on business last week, and I actually caught an interview with Geddy Lee before the PNC show. He called in on his cell phone on the way to the show. Cool stuff! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I went to see RUSH Friday at the Tweeter Center in Mass.They were great;a perfect mix of new & old.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I just saw Rush again last night(Sunday, July 14th, Bastille Day!!!!) [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] at The Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ(outside of Philly). Another Excellent show!!!! Same setlist too!!! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Rush is going to be playing in Portland on September 15th but tickets haven't even gone on sale yet. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] I've never seen them live, but my dad saw them on the Counterparts tour.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

http://www.vh1.com/news/stories/1456109.jhtml

Rush Descend Into Hades, Get Laundry Done At New York Show

Band returns from hiatus to toss out tunes and T-shirts.

By Jon Wiederhorn

Rush's Geddy Lee
    Photo: Brooke Ismach/WireImage

WANTAGH, New York From the opening notes of "Tom Sawyer" and throughout their nearly three-hour set Monday night, Rush made it clear they're a band on a mission.

Not a mission to recruit converts to their cause, but to prove to

themselves that they still have the determination, chops and chemistry to rock convincingly as they individually approach half a century in age (see "Rush Return From Tragic Hiatus Sounding More Like Tool"). Judging by the audience response at the Jones Beach Theater, they have nothing to worry about.

Imbued with a renewed sense of purpose after surviving more than their share of turmoil in recent years, Rush looked especially alive as they performed in front of a projection screen that switched between shots from the concert and computer-generated imagery.

Singer/bassist Geddy Lee wore khakis, sunglasses and a gray short-sleeved, collared shirt, while guitarist Alex Lifeson sported a gray-and-silver collared shirt, black slacks and a gray goatee and changed guitars almost every song. Because Rush's material is so technical, the bandmembers were glued to their mics, effect pedals and keyboards for most of the show, but their lack of motion detracted little from the experience. The trio filled out their already full sound by triggering keyboard passages and sound effects as they performed.

The droney, riff-heavy "Earthshine" came early in the show, but most of the material from their new Vapor Trails was reserved for the second set. Instead, Rush reacquainted fans with a cross-section of songs recorded after 1980's Permanent Waves. The selections drew from all sides of Rush's eclectic sound, including hard rock, prog rock, galactic computer rock, digital synth rock, even space reggae.

During Signals' "New World Man," Lifeson sang backup vocals, which he has rarely done in the past, and for "Distant Early Warning," from Grace Under Pressure, he and Lee both broke away from their perches to maneuver the stage as they vamped between verses. Other highlights included the rarely played "The Pass," "The Big Money," "YYZ," "Vital Signs" and "Natural Science."

As if to thumb their noses at those who've said they lack a sense of humor, Rush colored their show with wry humor. At the right of the stage, three dryers churned loads of laundry. For Vapor Trails' "One Little Victory," the video screen projected animated images of a dragon lighting a cigar with his breath. As it blew flames at the screen, a wall of fire erupted behind the band.

Lee and Lifeson also contributed to the jovial vibe. During an unplugged version of "Resist," the bassist introduced the guitarist as his "friend from south of the border," and during an instrumental passage in "La Villa Strangiato" Lifeson adopted a foreign accent and told a bizarre story about combing the beach with a metal detector and meeting Jimmy Hoffa. It was the only moment in the show that drummer Neil Peart cracked a smile.

Peart, who didn't touch his kit for several years after his recent family tragedies (see "Rush's Return Is Personal For Drummer Peart"), played with as much agility, precision and groove as ever, surrounded by a massive kit armed with enough cymbals to fill a music shop.

Rush's second set featured four songs from Vapor Trails, including the haunting "Ghost Rider." The new single "One Little Victory" roared with inflammatory fervor, and before Grace Under Pressure's "Red Sector A," Peart's kit rotated to reveal a set of electronic drums, which he battered with power and authority. The drummer's obligatory solo came after "Leave That Thing Alone," and he strutted his stuff by adding xylophone patterns and triggering keyboard chords.

For many old-school fans, the highlight of the set came in the final 30 minutes, when Rush reached into the vault and dragged out gems like "2112 Overture/The Temples of Syrinx," "Limelight" and "La Villa Strangiato." Rush closed with the "friendly voice" of the fiery, shimmering "Spirit of Radio."

When they returned for their encore, Rush opened the dryers, removed piles of T-shirts and tossed them into the crowd. "And now it's time to descend into the tomes of Hades," Lee announced as the band dove into the gurgling, apocalyptic tones of "By-Tor and the Snowdog" from 1975's Fly by Night". Then came the start-stop riffs and explosive vortex of "Cygnus X-1."

Rush ended the evening with the final track from their 1974 self-titled debut, "Working Man" a simple, primitive number that demonstrated just how far the little Canadian power trio have come since their meager beginnings.

This report is from MTV News