Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry, but I don't know the title. Those guys keep going and going....and getting better with age.....like fine wine. Here's a vote for Rick Rubin to produce what ever next =VH= does....Rick has captured the magic of the Pepper's and put it right into this and their last cds.........

Any Pepper fans in the house?!?!?!

[ June 19, 2002, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Dennis ]
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:44 AM
    Liked 1,470 Times in 899 Posts

I agree, the song is really good. Even though I don't own any of their CD's, I've always liked the majority of their music.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Dennis:
    Add me to the list! I haven't heard the song yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that their last album, Californication, sold over 13 million copies! Just goes to show that there are some people with taste for true musical talent left in the world.

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah i like them. I just recently downloaded their songs. i'm not a hardcore fan though, i like the music though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    isnt the song called By The Way? i saw the last second of the vid on mtv, but wanted to see it.

[ June 19, 2002, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Mean_Street ]
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The song 'By the Way'? Yeah, it's pretty good. I didn't like it the first time, but it's growing on me. They've gotten a lot more 'melodic' lately, and it seems a little forced on this song, but like I said, it's growing on me.

I've been a huge RHCP fan for years. I remember when 'Under the Bridge' came out in the summer of '91, my friends and I (about 13 yrs old) would just hang out and listen to that song, staring at the sky. It brings awesome memories back from being a kid for me. 'Soul To Squeeze' is one of my favorite songs EVER, by anybody. In one word, it's 'chill'.

'Californication' in '99 just blew me away too. I was excited by Frusciante coming back to the band. 'Scar Tissue', 'Californication' and 'Around the World' are great songs. A big reason I went to Woodstock '99 was to see them. They were awesome (though Creed was the highlight for me).

I really expect this album to be great. From what I've heard, the single 'By the Way' is the hardest, most like early Peppers song. There are ska-influenced songs, blues influenced songs and beach-boy like harmonies (especially on a song called 'Tear'). This is from a review I've read.

They made a strong effort to prevent this from hitting the file-sharing community, so the only song you can download now is 'By the Way', because that's all that the radio stations have recieved. This is one album where basically anyone who wants to hear it has to buy it, rather than half the people downloading it. A very good strategy (but annoying for an mp3 hound like me )

I can't wait to hear it!!! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i downloaded the song. it was sort of bad quality, but it was good. they know how to keep the old band sound clean
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.05.15 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New RHCP's song kicks ass??

That's a matter of opinion.
    My favorite search engine google.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rick Rubin producing VH?!

I vote against that!

Rick Rubin is actually more an alternative producer than a rock/metal one.

I dunno... the sound of AC/DC's Ballbreaker (which Rubin produced) is kinda... umm... crap and NOT AC/DC-like.

And I thought we had already had enough disasters sound-wise with VH in the past (especially 3).

Don't get me wrong... I have nothing against Rick Rubin. It's just that to me he's no producer for any kinda rock whatsoever. Hence I don't think he could capture that thick guitar sound of Ed's from the Balance days.

But he's a great choice for a band like RHCP, that's fo' sho'. We will probably know more about his hard rock/metal abilities in case the new Black Sabbath album will ever see the light of day. He's scheduled for producing that one.
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Atomic Punk DLR:
    Rick Rubin producing VH?!

I vote against that!

Rick Rubin is actually more an alternative producer than a rock/metal one.

I dunno... the sound of AC/DC's Ballbreaker (which Rubin produced) is kinda... umm... crap and NOT AC/DC-like.

And I thought we had already had enough disasters sound-wise with VH in the past (especially 3).

Don't get me wrong... I have nothing against Rick Rubin. It's just that to me he's no producer for any kinda rock whatsoever. Hence I don't think he could capture that thick guitar sound of Ed's from the Balance days.

But he's a great choice for a band like RHCP, that's fo' sho'. We will probably know more about his hard rock/metal abilities in case the new Black Sabbath album will ever see the light of day. He's scheduled for producing that one.
    I respect your opinion, but I really think Rick could pull it off. He's worked with Slayer and Danzig (Some of his harder sounding work) and probably could pull it off nicely with =VH=. You got to admit it would be way above the production on VHIII! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Here's a very cool interview I found a while back where he talks about some of the bands he's worked with. He even talks about doing the Rage/Cornell project. http://www.eqmag.com/article/mainv/0,7220,32408,00.html

Rock on

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Dennis:
    You got to admit it would be way above the production on VHIII! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Yeah... but then again... which album ain't?!
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Atomic Punk DLR:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dennis:
    You got to admit it would be way above the production on VHIII! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Yeah... but then again... which album ain't?! </font>[/QUOTE]Exactly! LOL.......

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Guitar Shark:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dennis:
    Add me to the list! I haven't heard the song yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that their last album, Californication, sold over 13 million copies! Just goes to show that there are some people with taste for true musical talent left in the world.

</font>[/QUOTE]Was that WorldWide???I thought Californication sold 4.9 million in the US.

I am not to crazy about Californication(i do like Scar Tissue), you can give me Mother's Milk, Uplift MoFo Party Plan, Blood Sugar Sex Magic, Freaky Styley!!!!!! Those are great FUNKIN' Chili albums!!!!!!!!! Californicatoin to me is toooooo slow, and lacks the real Chili magic. But hey peopel loved it...

Curious to see what the rest of the new album is like...

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    Was that WorldWide???I thought Californication sold 4.9 million in the US.

I'm not sure, actually... I was watching the RHCP "Behind The Music" special on VH-1 a couple days ago, and the narrator said Californication sold 13 million. I remember it because I was surprised it was such a big figure. Not really sure where they got their info.

I agree with you that a lot of RHCP's older stuff kicks ass over a lot of the newer stuff...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Peppers just performed their new song live on German TV an hour ago! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Chili Pepppers fuckin kick ass. The new song is pretty good too, even if not as good as they used to be. I love the peppers.
    "There's a time and place for everything- for everyone."