Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The New EUAS!

Rothville, Oklahalen, United States of Eat Us And Smile!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

House Of Pain
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay guys here's the deal. EUAS has turned into a monster. Pojo, Brownsound1, and Hain got their hands full as webmasters. EUAS has gotten too out of hand and too big for them to handle anymore. They turned the reins over to me tonight. Don't get all jumpy yet, they're gonna confirm it for ya.

Now here's where things gotta change. One we got so big, and so many members, that we don't even know who we gots anymore. This is how it is to be handled. There will be a board of directors made up of myself and three other members to be named later. If you want to keep your status in EUAS no problem, tell us here, and now. The board will meet and decide if you get to stay. I hate to have to do it, but I have been given a directive. New folks, this is your time too, if you think you deserve to be in and want the oppurtunity let us know.

Second, EUAS has lost total focus, and yeah I been just as guilty of that as anyone else. So what we're gonna do is we're gonna sit down, the board, and decide where we need to go. If you gots suggestions, other than to hell, email houseofpain@fairwarning.com

Third, the total way in which we have posted with utterdisrespect has to stop. More later.

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!

Damage Inc.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.07.13 @ 04:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's POJO's State of the Union address. Due to several meaningful reasons, the founding fathers of EUAS have chosen to step down. No, we aren't in the backround. No, we aren't pulling the strings. We are taking ourselves OUT of EUAS. That being said, we don't really need the fucking title for y'all to know where we stand on this rather large matter of Van Halen.

What does this mean? Hell dudes, that is for you to figure out. Find your direction, and run with it. Choose your leaders wisely, and make sure they have the same direction. Don't just flame to flame, and cover each others backs when it resorts to ground warfare.

Keep the deal alive brothers...but the founders are...OnFire...and...OUT!!!

------------------
    Roth Army Webmaster

http://www.dlrarmy.com

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have just a little advice for you guys...never compromise what you stand for, that is, once you figure it out. Be sure you elect someone that you all have faith in.

------------------
    DLR Army webmaster

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

10.28.17 @ 04:27 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

group,gang, voting on letting people in? Leaders? I guess its me but I would never think that some other person is my leader? Nor would I put up with someone telling me i can or can't join. Someone thought up a clever title and made a post and now there supposed to be leaders? So does that make the rest of you people sheep? I can see why you would want to have a posting place and talk about Roth. What I don't see is why anyone would want to join something that someone else can tell them what to do or think or how to act.maybe those of you who join can explain it to me? That is if its ok with your leaders,I can see why HOP
    would want it. He will be the leader so I don't need your reply House.Anyway I thought the whole thing about Rock and Roll and original VH especially is to Be your own man and not take shit from anyone. Runnin with the Devil lifestyle if you may.If its your thing though i wish you guys the best of luck.

------------------
    UP FRONT FANATICS 10-13-00

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

My advice would be to disband the whole thing. This isn't out of malice or disrespect for those that enjoy membership. The groups original goals would seem to have been fufilled. I just don't think that people who really understand what DLR is all about think he should be represented by group think. David Lee Roth is nothing if not a unique individual. His fans are too.

That's why I never wanted into EUAS to begin with.

Favorite VH Album

The one with the :
    Favorite VH Song

high fast stuff.
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:44 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Just get rid of the whole thing.

We all know DLR is in. Isn't that the whole point?

Favorite VH Album

Anything with DLR
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.03.16 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 175 Times in 81 Posts

Jesus Christ, do we need some frickin' news around here or what !!!

This entire sequence of events during the last few days has been blown so far out of proportion it's not even funny. OK, so EUAS got a little redemption when UFF got close to their 1000th post, and naturally they were a little ticked off. It's all in good fun fellas. May I remind you when EUAS got close to it's 1000th post and Strungout jumped in at the last minute ?? Me, Hain, and I believe Pav were online when it happened. The way we were scrambling around that night was fun as hell !!! Then we did a little drive-by at UFF. Once again gentlemen, it's all in good fun !!! THESE ARE NOT LIFE AND DEATH SITUATIONS PEOPLE !!! There are a few people, ON BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE, that just plain take this shit WAY too seriously. And these tirades state some terrible personal snipes as well. What do you guys think is going to happen the next time someone posts something in your thread that you don't like, are you gonna lose your job ??? Are you gonna lose a limb ??? IT'S A DISCUSSION FORUM, FOR CHRIST SAKES !!!!

We all share a common bond, the celebration of the greatest rock-and-roll band in the world. The opinions concerning the Roth or Hagar versions, each having it's own merits, is just that, it's just an OPINION !!!!

And now I'm reading that my good friends (that's what they are first to me) are leaving our little fraternity because of this piddly horseshit. Oh I know that they're not "gone" really, just the reasons behind it is the frustrating part of it....

UFF AND EUAS, WE HAVE LOST OUR FOCUS HERE !!! What happens when a team goes on a losing streak ?? They go back to basics. That's what needs to happen here. Go back to the fundamental beliefs that each group or even individual believes in, and remember not to treat it so seriously. They are each valid in their own way. What needs to cease though, are these ridiculous, profanity-filled tirades, threatening to kick people's asses and justifying that with because of where they're from or what they do for a living.

Let's fast-forward a few months from now (hopefully)... THE ANNOUNCEMENT happens, the new album is released, the tour dates are announced..... All this horseshit will be long forgotten !!!!

FOCUS GENTLEMEN (and ladies, sorry), FOCUS !!!!!

------------------
    Eat Us and Smile - Live in Front of your Naked Steaming Eyes !!!!

Look, I'll pay ya for it, what the f*%$ !!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know I'be been here at the "links" longer than most people. I've been here for every rumour. But one thing I've never understood is this EUAS thing. I assume that somehow the "diamond one" is hailed as the greatest, but is there more to this "gang" that at times has taken over the internet?

Just curious.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let me see if I can explain it to you Jimmy. EUAS came about because when Pojo, hain, pavinc, and myself first got to the links, there was NO DLR support here whatsoever. I can remember very vividly that there was a poll that asked who was your favorite lead sing for VH and Sammy was winning it by a landslide. I thought it was very strange that every other poll I had seen on the internet like that was the complete opposite, and Dave was winning hands down. There was much slamming of Dave in the threads, and no one seemed to be taking up for the guy except for a couple of people. Well, we decided that there needed to be a stronger pro-Dave presence here...so that's how it got started. It was originally just 4 guys who had the balls to say what was on their mind, and from there it grew. Now as time has passed, Pojo, hain, nor myself have time to organize and focus our intents. Fact is the DLR Army takes up 90% of our time on the net, and I'm not the type of person that spreads himself to thin on something he's involved in. I think that people know where I stand on the lead singer situation, so I have no reason to continue in EUAS. In fact we dropped the tag a while ago if you'll notice. If the rest of the folks in the group want to continue, then fine, but I feel the purpose of EUAS has been served, even if there is no reunion. I still love EVH as a guitarist, and I still love Dave as a frontman, so nothing has changed, and that's all I've been saying since I've been here. I dare you to prove otherwise.

There is one last thing, that I have to say on this subject then I'll shut up. I've noticed that in this very thread that there are several people that say disband, quit, etc. and NONE of them are a part of the group. Sorry guys, your opinions don't mean squat on this one. Peace!!

------------------
    DLR Army webmaster

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

House Of Pain
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay all peace now. Jimmy, there's is a lot more to this gang than just the internet. I can't explain it, its not like a cult thing or anything, but we really do transcend the cyberbounds of links and army.

Anyway, VA, the thing with the founders leaving has nothing to do with the rumble me and the UFFs had, other than they really felt badly because they couldn't back me. Don't get me wrong, I know they would have, but in the sense that they are trying to keep EUAS and DLRarmy two seperate entities, they had to watch from the sidelines and hope for the best.

MikeL, EUAS isn't for everyone, and with what you said, clearly it isn't for you. That being said, please if you got anything meaningful to add please do. We aren't going to scream at a non euaser for posting with us.

Stephen B, we are not getting rid of the whole thing. Yeah we know Roth's back, but that isn't the point. All I can say is that I got about twenty something guys out there carrying the same beliefs as me, and about twelve of those guys, I can say are most definitely my best friends.

VA, after discussing this whole thing with pojo and brownsound last night, we decided that the best thing to do was start over, and build it again. What we think the best thing to do is start a little council of four of us, take me, and three others and reform the group. What that means is booting some people, and basically having everyone start over. I know it sounds rash, but we gotta get rid of the dead weight. I dunno how its gonna fly, but this is what I do know. After deliberating this last night to myself, I came up with the three other council members. The three names that popped up are you, conmee, and redfire. Noiw I had to this as diplomatically as possible, so I went with the guys who had the most similar feelings as me.

Redfire?
    Conmee?
    VA Beach VH Fan?

You three up for starting this bad boy over?

The way its going down is this, we are going to come together via email and IM and decide where we are going to take this. We will decide who is in and who is out. We will come up with an alternative solution for the flaming.

Here's why. If we aim at nothing, we'll hit it everytime. We need direction. The fat must go, because if you're not helping out, you're holding us back. The flaming must go. Everytime we have a flamer, we lose respect. We lose a little bit of our dignity. Its more than about our opinions, its about what we believe in. Did you see how many members of links said that all EUAS does is start crap and then hide behind the name? That's wrong, we gotta change that opinion. Now, you wanna start something, I'm going to watch your backs, but the way it went down Wednesday, that was allright. Yeah, I had to stand by myself for a bit, so what. I can take my heat when I bring it on myself. It woulda been nice to see some of my brothers faster, but it worked out allright. Anyway, you three, I need your help. Will you do this with me?

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!

Damage Inc.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

House Of Pain
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I want one more person for the board, to make it an odd number so we can have tiebreakers. Okay so there is a fourth spot available who wants it? I know who I'd like to see take it, but I wanna see someone take interest in this themselves.

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!

Damage Inc.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

01.07.12 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brownie, Pojo, HOP, you guys know where I stand after our talk last night, so in the immortal words of Sammy Hagar "What is understood, need not be discussed."

------------------
    Right Now..... you need to Eat Us And Smile!!!

"A good friend of mine used to say, 'This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.' Think about that for a while." Nuke LaLoosh

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the information Brownsound1.

I do remember this site being very pro-sammy back in the early days. As speculation grew about DLR and a reunion, people jumped on the DLR bandwagon. I do remember you 4 or 5 guys talking about EUAS and I must say I think you guys did start a mini-revolution here at the links. I must admit that I do like Sammy more so than Dave, but EUAS's love of DLR is contagious even for me. I find myself going back to the earlier albums and enjoying them even more when I think of a reunion.

Favorite VH Album

Anything with DLR
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.03.16 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 175 Times in 81 Posts

You know HOP, you did make things a little clearer with that explanation. Well said. To be honest, I still don't believe that Pojo and the others should drop the tag, just for the reasons that you just now eloquently explained. We need to get back to the basics with our group. We need to get back to the point of having a mutual respect of our opinions from those who, for whatever reason, prefer the SH/GS versions of VH, and vice versa. It's not going to be easy, 'cause we've gotten some really shitty raps in the past few months. But Pojo, Brownie and Hain have said what they're going to say, and I'll respect that. I know they're still our brothers although they won't have the tag.

I'm with ya all the way HOP, count me in....

------------------
    Eat Us and Smile - Live in Front of your Naked Steaming Eyes !!!!

Look, I'll pay ya for it, what the f*%$ !!!

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:54 PM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrownSound1:
    EUAS came about because when Pojo, hain, pavinc, and myself first got to the links, there was NO DLR support here whatsoever. There was much slamming of Dave in the threads, and no one seemed to be taking up for the guy except for a couple of people. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would have been ME (!!!) - and true, I felt the weight of the world, so to speak. Every day was a battle - I couldn't believe how much anti-Dave bias there was on this site. I had several "enemies"... (Mard, Victor, a few others I can't remember). Every night, we went at it. Once, after a particularly vicious exchange, I thought that Mard might fly into my town once to kick my ass!

Of course, it never came to that, and not too long after that, a respect was forged - still disagreement, but a respect that still stands. I'll never understand why these guys prefer Sammy in VH (are we listening to the same Van Halen?) but I realize that everyone is different, and as long as half truth and lies aren't being spread around, well, then opinion is opinion, and nothing can change it.

For a while, I even wondered why I was never asked to join EUAS. Hey, I was there first, singing the praises of Diamond Dave, slamming Sammy when provoked and keeping the wolves at bay. I dunno, I guess I wasn't nasty enough about it, or maybe befriending one or two of the other side made me a pariah. So I was never invited in. After a while, I realized it was better for me to stay independent anyway - I hate being told what to do and I'll NEVER grovel... The whole thing makes me feel like Dirty Harry - independent as hell, even when the ham-handed Feds (EUAS - don't take it personally ) "took over" the case.

So to wrap, I have no stake in EUAS whatsoever. You guys have been scarce as of late - maybe that is why it was such a shock to UFF when you reappeared so suddenly and decisively. I do get a big kick out of the rivalry - it was funny as hell to watch EUAS scramble when UFF almost stole your 1000th post, and watching revenge unfold last week was a riot! Keep it going, if you want, but above all, KEEP IT FUN, and don't let it get too personal.