Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

From the official website:

Following the recent announcement of two special benefit gigs for former drummer, Clive Burr, Iron Maiden are also to release a Special Edition of RUN TO THE HILLS, probably their most famous single featuring Clive. The band will donate all their income from the forthcoming single and the Benefit shows to the Clive Burr Multiple Sclerosis Trust Fund. EMI Records will release the single on Monday 11th March. All formats will be strictly limited edition.

The Run To The Hills single will be available in two CD's which will feature the original version of the song as well as a new Live version recorded last January at the Rock in Rio III festival. Both CD singles will also have exclusive material which has never been available before from Clive's era with the band. There will also be a Special Vinyl version available.

The Live version of Run To The Hills is taken from their forthcoming live album, ROCK IN RIO, which will be released by EMI Records on Monday 25th March. This double album was recorded at Rio's mammoth festival, January 2001, where the band headlined to 250,000 frenzied fans and a global TV and Web audience of millions.

The ROCK IN RIO album has been produced by Kevin Shirley and co-produced by Steve Harris which was the same partnership as the bands last studio album 'Brave New World'.

Says Harris, "The Rock in Rio Festival was a huge production and as the recording facilities were already there we had the opportunity to record the event which was Maiden's biggest headlining show ever. Kevin Shirley came down to the show to oversee the recording and we then returned to New York to pull together all the parts. The crowd were absolutely amazing and at times nearly drowned out the band with their singing. The whole show was an unforgettable experience and I want to thank all the fans who were at the show. It was a fantastic way to finish out the tour and I'm really pleased with final result as it really captures the atmosphere of the night."

ROCK IN RIO will be released as a Double CD as it features over 120 minutes of music. There will be a collectors item triple picture disc vinyl.

The track list -
    1 - The Wicker Man
    2 - Ghost Of The Navigator
    3 - Brave New World
    4 - Wrathchild
    5 - Two Minutes to Midnight
    6 - Blood Brothers
    7 - Sign Of The Cross
    8 - The Mercenary
    9 - The Trooper
    10 - Dream Of Mirrors
    11 - The Clansman
    12 - The Evil That Men Do
    13 - Fear Of The Dark
    14 - Iron Maiden
    15 - Number Of The Beast
    16 - Hallowed Be Thy Name
    17 - Sanctuary
    18 - Run To The Hills

For the latest information about the Clive Burr Benefit Shows and the Rock In Rio release, keep watching www.ironmaiden.com! Online donations to the Clive Burr MS Trust will be available next week.

I think that all sounds pretty cool... but that's just my two cents about it, if anyone gives a rat's ass!
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I give a rat's ass!

Maiden rocks!

Can't wait for this new live CD.

Also, wasn't there any mention of a DVD of the Rock in Rio show? Apparently, they plan to release this as well.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

humans being
    Last Online

02.10.12 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

MAN! Look at that new albums cover!!! Eddie is alive and kickin, I love that character. So does my 3 year old he he! The last tour was good, I just hope the sound quality is better than live evil was.
    "And the Cradle will Rock!"

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

hell yeah!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by RayBan:
    MAN! Look at that new albums cover!!! Eddie is alive and kickin, I love that character. So does my 3 year old he he! The last tour was good, I just hope the sound quality is better than live evil was.
    Live Evil was Black Sabbath double Live with Ronnie James Dio on Vocals and that album really does not sound good a very poor mix

Live After Death is one of the best sounding live albums

The Maiden Lives Albums are
    Maiden Japan
    Live After Death 1985
    A Real Live One 1993
    A Real Dead One 1993
    Live At Donnington 1998

[ January 29, 2002 at 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Pasadena Murdock ]</p>
    I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Pasadena Murdock:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RayBan:
    Live Evil was Black Sabbath double Live with Ronnie James Dio on Vocals and that album really does not sound a very poor mix

Live After Death is one of the best sounding live albums

The Maiden Lives Albums are
    Maiden Japan
    Live After Death 1985
    A Real Live One 1993
    A Real Dead One 1993
    Live At Donnington 1998
    </font>[/QUOTE]Live After Death is one my all time favorites! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Do you believe? Don't you trust me?<br /><br />"I'm just trying to get in to heaven, I'm not running for Jesus." - Homer Simpson

Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

humans being
    Last Online

02.10.12 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DUH!! I knew that. I have to stop thinking about other things when I'm posting (like work!) . I have both the Live after Death and Live Evil on album, and of course unless you have a $$$$$$$ sound system, albums just don't sound as good as CDs. Anybody else tired of live releases??
    "And the Cradle will Rock!"

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet:
    I give a rat's ass!

Maiden rocks!

Can't wait for this new live CD.

Also, wasn't there any mention of a DVD of the Rock in Rio show? Apparently, they plan to release this as well.
    Yeah. That was delayed because of some technical difficulties tho. But it'll be released too. I downloaded a good part of the show as videos from the Internet and gotta say it's well worth the money. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh yeah... for those of you interested... I met and talked to Blaze Bayley and his new band last nite. They're currently touring as special guests of Savatage.

I also posted a detailed review about the shoe which you can find here:
    Savatage tour show review

[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ January 30, 2002 at 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Atomic Punk DLR ]</p>
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

from the official Iron Maiden website again.....

We can now bring you full details of the forthcoming 'Run To The Hills' single. It will be released on Monday March 11th and all of the band income from the sale of the singles will be forwarded to the Clive Burr MS Fund.

The single will be available in three formats, all of which celebrate Clive's time with the band. The CD singles feature previously unreleased material from the 'Beast On The Road Tour' live recordings made in 1982 at the Hammersmith Odeon and the Reading Festival.

CD1 also features a version of 'Run To The Hills' taken from the upcoming Rio live album, as well as an Enhanced video created from footage from the DVD which will be out later in the year.

CD 2 contains an excellent re-working of the original 1982 'Run To The Hills' video. Bob Cesca, the man behind 'Napster Bad', has been let loose on the footage, and you'll be able to see Eddie doing his thing Camp Chaos-style!

The special red vinyl is a replica of the original Top Ten single released back in 1982.

All the formats will available on a limited edition basis, so get in quick!

The full track listings are:

CD1 Run To The Hills (Live from Rock In Rio)
    Children of The Damned (Live from Hammersmith Odeon 1982)
    Total Eclipse (Live from Hammersmith Odeon 1982)
    Video - Run To The Hills (live from Rock In Rio)
    CD2 Run To The Hills (original single version)
    22 Acacia Avenue (live from Reading Festival 1982)
    The Prisoner (Live from Reading Festival 1982)
    Video - Run To The Hills (Camp Chaos version)
    7" Red Vinyl Run To The Hills (original single version)
    Total Eclipse (original album version)

The band have also announced an extra date for their Clive Burr shows in Brixton, thanks to overwhelming demand as tickets for the first two shows sold out in under a day. The third and final date has been confirmed as Tuesday 19th March and tickets go on sale 9am tomorrow, 30th January via Way Ahead, Ticket Master, Star Green, First Call and Ticketweb box office. Click here for links.

Says Harris "The band wanted to release the singles to raise money for the fund but at the same time we wanted it to be a celebration of Clive's time with band. The recordings we tracked down from Hammersmith and Reading sound amazing and we went for Total Eclipse as it is a track which Clive co wrote with me.

We are so pleased with the response from the fans who have really got behind us to help Clive and other Multiple Sclerosis sufferers and we have had to add an extra date because a lot of people have only just heard about the first two dates which sold out straight away. Many people behind the scenes who are putting these shows together are all donating their time for free and I want to take this opportunity to thank them on behalf of the band."

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

double post... ignore that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ January 31, 2002 at 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Atomic Punk DLR ]</p>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Atomic Punk DLR:
    from the official Iron Maiden website again.....

We can now bring you full details of the forthcoming 'Run To The Hills' single. It will be released on Monday March 11th and all of the band income from the sale of the singles will be forwarded to the Clive Burr MS Fund.

The single will be available in three formats, all of which celebrate Clive's time with the band. The CD singles feature previously unreleased material from the 'Beast On The Road Tour' live recordings made in 1982 at the Hammersmith Odeon and the Reading Festival.

CD1 also features a version of 'Run To The Hills' taken from the upcoming Rio live album, as well as an Enhanced video created from footage from the DVD which will be out later in the year.

CD 2 contains an excellent re-working of the original 1982 'Run To The Hills' video. Bob Cesca, the man behind 'Napster Bad', has been let loose on the footage, and you'll be able to see Eddie doing his thing Camp Chaos-style!

The special red vinyl is a replica of the original Top Ten single released back in 1982.

All the formats will available on a limited edition basis, so get in quick!

The full track listings are:

CD1 Run To The Hills (Live from Rock In Rio)
    Children of The Damned (Live from Hammersmith Odeon 1982)
    Total Eclipse (Live from Hammersmith Odeon 1982)
    Video - Run To The Hills (live from Rock In Rio)
    CD2 Run To The Hills (original single version)
    22 Acacia Avenue (live from Reading Festival 1982)
    The Prisoner (Live from Reading Festival 1982)
    Video - Run To The Hills (Camp Chaos version)
    7" Red Vinyl Run To The Hills (original single version)
    Total Eclipse (original album version)

The band have also announced an extra date for their Clive Burr shows in Brixton, thanks to overwhelming demand as tickets for the first two shows sold out in under a day. The third and final date has been confirmed as Tuesday 19th March and tickets go on sale 9am tomorrow, 30th January via Way Ahead, Ticket Master, Star Green, First Call and Ticketweb box office. Click here for links.

Says Harris "The band wanted to release the singles to raise money for the fund but at the same time we wanted it to be a celebration of Clive's time with band. The recordings we tracked down from Hammersmith and Reading sound amazing and we went for Total Eclipse as it is a track which Clive co wrote with me.

We are so pleased with the response from the fans who have really got behind us to help Clive and other Multiple Sclerosis sufferers and we have had to add an extra date because a lot of people have only just heard about the first two dates which sold out straight away. Many people behind the scenes who are putting these shows together are all donating their time for free and I want to take this opportunity to thank them on behalf of the band."
    Man Steve Harris and the boys in Iron Mainden are world class guys!!!!!!

UP THE IRONS!!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.26.07 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

UP THE IRONS!
    Great news!
    My first time in the spotlight was from a helicopter.

Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

09.30.17 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man, I have kept out of the loop regarding Maiden for a while now, pleased to see they are going to release a live album of the last tour, saw them at Earls Court in London with Slayer and Entombed supporting. - Great gig! Hopefully will keep the fans at bay till the next studio LP!!