Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

BLACK SABBATH To Headline OZZFEST 2003, IRON MAIDEN/JUDAS PRIEST To Team Up For Summer Tour - Feb. 6, 2003

BLACK SABBATH will headline this year's edition of Ozzfest, according to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS. In addition, the much-rumored IRON MAIDEN/JUDAS PRIEST pairing seems to be a go as well in what will mark the first time the two metal legends will play together since 1983. It is unclear, however, if PRIEST's participation in the package is contingent upon the return of former frontman Rob Halford to the group, who haven't been able to fill arena-sized venues in North America since the completion of their "Painkiller" tour in 1991. BLACK SABBATH's headlining slot at this year's Ozzfest will be the group's first since 2001, when they shared the bill with the likes of MARILYN MANSON, LINKIN PARK, DISTURBED, SLIPKNOT and CRAZY TOWN, among others.

JUDAS PRIEST Manager Says No Press Conference Is Planned - Feb. 5, 2003

JUDAS PRIEST Management Co-Ordinator Jayne Andrews has shot down a widely-circulated rumor that PRIEST are planning a press conference on March 1 to announce a reunion with former singer Rob Halford.

"We have not planned a press conference for 1st March or any other date!!" Andrews said. "The guys are all working on new material so why would we need a press conference?? Again, as I keep on saying, we would announce it if anything like this was going to happen!!! Please stop believing all this rubbish — I do not lie!!"

In the same statement, Andrews once again reiterated her position that there is no truth to the rumors that PRIEST guitarist Glenn Tipton was in attendance with his son at the opening-night gig of HALFORD's current mini-tour at House Of Blues in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday night (Feb. 1).

"This rumor about Glenn Tipton and his son being at Rob Halford's show in Las Vegas is definitely NOT TRUE!!" Jayne said. "Glenn was not there!! He hasn't been to the States since the end of the US tour last August!! Whoever is saying they were talking to him at the show are totally wrong — HE WASN'T THERE!!! Glenn is in England working on new material — why don't these people believe the truth instead of trying to say I am lying???!!!!"

[ February 06, 2003, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later, Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

FH...as usual, thanks for the info. Would love to see Rob Halford back in Judas Priest. Let me pass along what a local dj said about the last show Black Sabbath played here in Virginia Beach...she said there was a singer "behind the curtain" singing alot of Ozzy's parts because his voice was in rough shape. If true, sad that he wants to decieve his fans.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Intruder, 3:16, Cathederal
    Last Online

09.14.05 @ 07:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Glen Tipton WAS INDEED at Rob Halford's Vegas show last week. That's a fact...

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by andsomeonesaid:
    Let me pass along what a local dj said about the last show Black Sabbath played here in Virginia Beach...she said there was a singer "behind the curtain" singing alot of Ozzy's parts because his voice was in rough shape. If true, sad that he wants to decieve his fans.
    I can believe that. Poor Ozzy just wants to retire, but that wife of his wants to milk every penny out of him that she can.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

JUDAS PRIEST Management: We Have No Plans To Tour With MAIDEN In The Summer - Feb. 6, 2003

JUDAS PRIEST Management Co-Ordinator Jayne Andrews has shot down reports of a possible summer pairing between PRIEST and IRON MAIDEN in what would mark the first time the two metal legends would tour together since 1983.

"I'm afraid this is just the rumor mongers at work again!" Andrews told BLABBERMOUTH.NET in regards to the report, which was first published yesterday on Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS. "We have no plans to go out in the summer with or without Rob Halford! Ripper Owens is our vocalist — nothing has changed!"

In the same statement, Andrews once again reiterated her position that there is no truth to the rumors that PRIEST guitarist Glenn Tipton was in attendance with his son at the opening-night gig of HALFORD's current mini-tour at House Of Blues in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday night (Feb. 1).

"I have found out that where all these untrue reports about 'Glenn Tipton being at Rob's show in Vegas' have come from - Rob himself has told me that there was a Glenn lookalike at his show who was pretending to be Glenn and getting free drinks all night!! - Glenn Tipton, needless to say is really annoyed that someone is out there trying to impersonate him and using his name in this way - so people should beware of this guy because it is NOT Glenn Tipton!! Maybe now all those people who have been abusive towards me saying I have been lying will realize that I was always telling the truth!! Why should I lie about something like this!!"

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fraulines und Kinder First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Panzer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jayne Andrews needs to pepper her statement with more exclamation points to emphasize her point.
    Musical equipment I own dat legitimizes mein post. Tuba, clarinet, und electric glockenspiel.<br />Der Lord liebt einen beschäftigten Mann. Nicht vertrauen whitey. Sehen ein Doktor und erhalten gereinigt es.<br /><br />"You're a towel!" - Towelie

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

Originally posted by andsomeonesaid:
    FH...as usual, thanks for the info. Would love to see Rob Halford back in Judas Priest. Let me pass along what a local dj said about the last show Black Sabbath played here in Virginia Beach...she said there was a singer "behind the curtain" singing alot of Ozzy's parts because his voice was in rough shape. If true, sad that he wants to decieve his fans.
    I was at that show - sounded like Ozzy to me

Was it FM99 that said that? They suck ass nowadays

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later, Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yes it was FM99 who said that, and yes they do suck!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH3... it varies.
    Favorite VH Song

too many to count... I\'m diggin\' Can\'t Get This Stuff No More right now.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds like the Black Sabbath thing's a hoax, sadly. Joe Seigler of black-sabbath.com just said it was false, after contacting both Sharon Osbourne's office and Tony Iommi's management.
    "The common thing on governments as an institution is: they're all bad worldwide. It might be the only thing that binds all nations together: the incompetence of their governments. Look at the people who have been president in the US so far... could I DO ANY WORSE?"<br /> <br />~ Frank Zappa