Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

This is from www.eddietrunk.com

LANE BRYANT/KISS Report from Roseland 2/5:
    I had the opportunity to attend the Kiss/Lane Bryant event which took place last night at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC. This was a fashion event, NOT a rock event, so the crowd was mostly there to see the designers new line, not Kiss. The room was loaded with fashion press, TV crews, and various celebs (Roseanne Barr was close to me watching). Lane Bryant is a plus size clothing maker, so the models were large women. Personally I would have loved if this was a Victoria's Secret event (more my type of girls!), but this was more girls the size of Anna Nicole Smith (who was a model there, along with Steven Tylers daughter Mia).
    Anyway, you guys of course want to know about Kiss. The Roseland stage had the huge black Kiss curtain covering it, with a long models runway coming right from the center of the stage out through the entire floor. The show began around 8PM with the low bottom end bass sound Kiss uses to open all their shows, followed by the "You Wanted The Best" intro, slightly altered to include some words about Lane Bryant. Kiss opened with "Shout It Out Loud" and two things were clear right off the bat. The band looked great, everybody active, thin, and in great shape, however the band was not playing live. The vocals were live, allowing Paul Stanley to talk to the crowd between songs, etc. But all the instrument tracks were obviously a backing tape. I assume this was done because Kiss was not rehersed and didn't feel like bothering for a five song set at a fashion show where most in attendence didn't even know anything outside of R&R All Night! The music tracks were not studio cuts from the records, but recorded live arrangements made for this type of use. Dance artists or "track acts" as they are called, often do this for club appearences, etc. That being said, the band sold it as a live show best they could and I doubt many knew the instrumental tracks were all recorded. The vocals, which were live, sounded great. The stage was very simple, with a drum riser (again Eric Singer in the catman makeup), and plenty of pyro, bombs (which were louder then hell and scared the shit out of everybody!), and confetti. The five song set also included "Lick It Up", "God Of Thunder", "Love Gun" and set closer "R&R All Night", which you could just tell was the only song this crowd really knew. A very strange event, but somehow Kiss made it work. But it wasn't a rock vibe in the crowd in anyway. It was over in 30 minutes, and Kiss closed the show walking the runway with all the models as "I Was Made For Loving You" and "God Gave R&R To You" (the album versions) played over the PA. It was so strange to see Kiss play where they were not the main attraction. Nobody pushed against the stage, nobody singing and pumping their fists, in fact when Paul smashed his guitar at the end he just flipped it to the guy closest to the stage. Another interesting chapter in the never ending saga of this band.

Also, news was everywhere that Kiss are talking about booking a US 30th anniversary tour later this year. Reports were conflicting as to when this tour would start, with some saying as early as June, others saying late this year. I personally feel that Kiss must come up with something (a record, hit single, etc) to really support another tour. I question how successful another tour would be with the mainstream with same show and songs. I told Gene this last Friday, and also told him I believe Kiss has a hit song with "It's My Life" on the box set. This should be worked as a single to help drive a tour if the band isn't doing new music. Gene agreed, quickly pulled out his cell phone and called his manager. Nice to know I could give the marketing king advice! All in all a fun night, but if your a huge Kiss fan, you didn't really miss all that much.

This is all too funny. A few points here;

The show began around 8PM with the low bottom end bass sound Kiss uses to open all their shows, followed by the "You Wanted The Best" intro, slightly altered to include some words about Lane Bryant.
    LMFAO, 'slightly altered to include some words about Lane Bryant'!! This band has sunk lower than Mini-Me in the deep end of the pool with a two-ton anvil chained to his ankles. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

the band was not playing live
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

They started with Shout it Out Loud, then...
    The five song set also included "Lick It Up", "God Of Thunder", "Love Gun" and set closer "R&R All Night", which you could just tell was the only song this crowd really knew.
    Nothing like playing to your target market.LOL

Kiss closed the show walking the runway with all the models as "I Was Made For Loving You" and "God Gave R&R To You" (the album versions) played over the PA.
    Excuse me, but has anybody seen my dignity around here, I seem to have misplaced it???

Nobody pushed against the stage, nobody singing and pumping their fists, in fact when Paul smashed his guitar at the end he just flipped it to the guy closest to the stage.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Also, news was everywhere that Kiss are talking about booking a US 30th anniversary tour later this year.
    Quick, somebody hand me a blanket, I can feel myself going into shock!!!

BTW, if you saw Gene and Paul on the AMA's last month, you know that either they've both lost a bunch of weight, or Eddie Trunk is horseshitting about how the band is thin, and in great shape.

Oh, and one other thing, I caught a clip of KISS from this event at the end of Entertainment tonight with Paul saying something about how it's nice to see some women that don't look like boys for once. "KISS, the jokes just write themselves!!"

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 1,351 Times in 927 Posts

Originally posted by Glenn:
    Also, news was everywhere that Kiss are talking about booking a US 30th anniversary tour later this year. Reports were conflicting as to when this tour would start, with some saying as early as June, others saying late this year...
    Well, I guess this would put the kibosh on my theory of Ed and Al getting set to join Gene and Paul as members of KISS...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last tour supposed to be a RETIREMENT tour?

Hello? Truth in advertising department? I think we need to lock Gene $immon$ up for blatant falsehoods and misdirection of the fanbase.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last tour supposed to be a RETIREMENT tour?

Hello? Truth in advertising department? I think we need to lock Gene $immon$ up for blatant falsehoods and misdirection of the fanbase.
    yeah and how many times has Ozzy said he will never tour again either...big fucking deal...