Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

According to AOL news a judge has ordered Napster to shut down Friday at 4 p.m. until trial.
    It is amazing how a band such as Metallica used bootlegs in their begining to become popular, and now the want to scream foul. This is seriousy f'ed up. I got a message for Metallica....

There are tons of bands who don't care if fans download or not. A compromise should be made. Napster should be given a list of artists that don't want their material online and prevent those from being downloaded. There is technology available to do this.

check out this site for some Metallica vs. Napster cartoons. www.campchaos.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:29 AM
    Liked 11,578 Times in 4,934 Posts

I just broke down and got on Napster to nab some Maiden tunes a couple nights ago. Oh well. Metallica sucks, right or wrong they will never get another dime from me, and I have been a fan since the beginning. Screw 'em.

------------------
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t Talkin\' \'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lars and Kirk, can kiss my ass. lars sounds like a fag and kirk can't play without his wah pedal. greedy mother f*ckers.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Yeah you got that right Cuda. Those fuckers banned me from Crapster last month. I tried 4 different names etc and each new log on was no way. FUCK THEM. I was sorta getting in to them the last 8 years or so. FUCK YOU Metallica. You won't see t5 buying any Metallica stuff. Out.

A.D.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:29 AM
    Liked 11,578 Times in 4,934 Posts

I think the funniest thing is that Lars Ulrich is the most uneducated illiterate person to be speaking out about copyright infringement. Could they have found a dumber person?? I can't believe James Hetfield allows this midget to be the voice of the band, let alone speak in front of Congress. My friends and I get a good laugh everytime we see him talking on MTV preaching his convoluted nonsense. Why doesn't he work this hard on his drumming, can't think of a drummer who has become more stagnant and boring in the last decade than him.

------------------
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I heard the news earlier myself.

Big Business wins again.

Mecrappica has revealed themselve to be the fake-ass bastards I've always believed them to be.

I'm thankful I never bothered with them.

And yeah, Lars is one stupid dude. I heard him talking about art one time - TRYING to sound semi-intelligent.

Didn't work.

He came off as a pompous ass who's just smart enough to know how stupid he is.

Thank god he's become the "spokesman" for the industry's stance on Napster.

There's no way we can lose, now.

We might have lost this battle, but you know who will win the war.

Red-Balled Mammoth
    I have the solution! My friend got banned about 3 months ago for downloading Metallica songs and shortly afterwards, ditto for me. Well, he told me about Scour Exchange. It's basically the same as Napster. It's a tiny bit slower, but it's the best thing out there now. Better than FTP downloading/uploading. SE even has videos too!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Down In Flames:

We might have lost this battle, but you know who will win the war.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

Metallica might have won against Napster, but we'll see who loses in the end.

Sooner or later another software will replace Napster. I think it's happening already.

Metallica will lose / has lost all (and I mean ALL) of its original fan base from the 80's. If the shitty music wasn't enough to convince the die-hards, this Napster debacle will. The only people who still buy their stuff are kids who are into Korn/Limp Biscuit etc. Or trendy bandwagonners who will buy some Metallica simply because they're popular and talked about by everybody in the world.

I'm fucking ashamed that Metallica was my favorite band in 1991. I remember when I was always got into arguments with Guns N Roses fans over which band was the best. Well, at least GNR always were honest with themselves. Axl may be into industrial, but I feel that's what he wants to do.

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!

"I may not be the best lookin' baby,
    But I'm the right tool for the job." - DLR 1998

Last Online

07.07.15 @ 04:02 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Lars whines and cries more than a fuckin' baby!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Metallica may have won this battle but they haven't won the war--far from it. Just because Napster's gone (for now--they've got an appeal pending) doesn't mean MP3 trading will stop.

It always helps to "try before you buy," and Napster & related MP3 services let people do that--so they won't waste money on music they don't like. It's lots like the radio--just over the Internet (and with better quality). If they're so worried about money, I guess Metallica should shut down MTV and the radio stations as well because I can copy off those. And if it weren't for MTV (and bootleg tapes they promoted when they first started) they wouldn't have the popularity they do today. (I'm sure MTV has to pay a royalty though) But their greed is screwing them over bigtime. Trading over Napster didn't kill 'em--stopping Napster just might.

On a lighter note, check out "Sue All The World" over at Camp Chaos--it's nuts.

------------------
    The Realm | Strange is Beautiful

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Look guys the bottom line is this.

Groups such as Van Halen,Metallica,etc. are in the music BUISNESS.

How would you feel if you were putting in long days and months to make the best music possible only to have alot of people take it for free?

If you like a certain artist alot then why not support them and help them in continuing their musical career with your wallet.

If their music touches you and enriches your life in a little way then I don't see anything wrong with that.

Everybody complaines about "greedy musicians" and all they want to do is make money. Well hell yeah! They're not gonna work for next to nothing because someone is to cheap to shell out 15 dollars for a cd!

Why is this country so full of people who want a free handout?
    Metallica's music doesn't belong to you. You didn't create it. All you do is sit on your ass and listen to it.

No I don't personaly think that Metallica was really finacialy hurt in all this but bottom line it doesn't belong to you and they have every right to make a profit.

------------------
    MightyVanHalen's Pictures http://www.geocities.com/mightyvanhalen/index.html

"No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities." -Christian Nestell Bovee, American author (1820-1904).

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

01.11.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Agreed that Metallica should be the last band to fight against bootlegs. And agreed that Lars is a horrible spokesperson for the band. Also agreed that the band has been getting progressively worse. But I still think they made some of the best heavy music of their time back in the day. I am not gonna be one to say "fuck 'em" just because of what they have done recently. Just try to remember what they USED to be.

Kinda funny...two of my favorite bands, Metallica and Van Halen. Van Halen seems to have disapeared off the face of the Earth and never say a word. And Metallica won't shut the fuck up.

Last Online

09.14.15 @ 07:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How fucking sickening! And I can't believe Guitar World, my favorite music mag, put Jerk Hammett on their cover after all this anti-fan sentiment they've done. I've emailed Guitar World to express my disapproval of that. I hate Lar$ and his band of greedy assholes. This is one of the greediest and most obnoxious things I've ever seen an artist do. I've banned Metallica for life, as I see many of you have! GOOD, keep it that way!

------------------
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule!

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

Mighty VH you are wrong. That music IS mine. I paid for it. Same as buying a painting. The artist creates a "masterpiece" that has taken him days, months,or years to produce and then sells it. They may have been the creators, but their creation has been sold. It is mine now and I should be allowed to do with it what I wish, whether that means letting "friends" borrow it or not. Not everyone on that site is making their own cds. If that is the assumption then the music industry needs to go after every electronics manfacturer who created a tape recorder. It is the same premise.

Last Online

09.14.15 @ 07:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MightyVanHalen:
    Look guys the bottom line is this.....
    Lar$ is a greedy little troll!

Groups such as Van Halen,Metallica,etc. are in the music BUISNESS.

True enough but this same band in the music "business" encouraged bootlegs at one time, something sorely looked down upon by all others in the music "business"

How would you feel if you were putting in long days and months to make the best music possible only to have alot of people take it for free?

I'm a musician and I'd just be grateful it's being heard! That's the attitude of ANY up and coming band! And anyway how is this any different than making a mix tape off your friend? Isn't that PIRACY? Lar$ and company NEVER did that? Please! How about radio? Bands premiere almost entire albums! Case in point, Van Halen III. Technology moved ahead, deal with it! Don't push away fans!

If you like a certain artist alot then why not support them and help them in continuing their musical career with your wallet.

Oh please! Like these fuckers are starving to death? Lar$ probably wipes his ass with thousand dollar bills!

If their music touches you and enriches your life in a little way then I don't see anything wrong with that.

Of course not! Best point you've made yet!

Everybody complaines about "greedy musicians" and all they want to do is make money. Well hell yeah! They're not gonna work for next to nothing because someone is to cheap to shell out 15 dollars for a cd!

Believe it or not, some people don't have extra money like that. Does that mean they should be denied? Music should not be a priced item!

Why is this country so full of people who want a free handout?
    Metallica's music doesn't belong to you. You didn't create it. All you do is sit on your ass and listen to it.

Music is meant to be shared! Why is Metallica making music? Because they enjoy it (at least they used to, now it all about $$$$$$$) Metallica's attitude is now, no money, no music for you! Shitty fucking attitude to say the least!

No I don't personaly think that Metallica was really finacialy hurt in all this but bottom line it doesn't belong to you and they have every right to make a profit.

Believe me, it didn't hurt their sales before, Mission Impossible 2 debuted at number 2!!! It might now and deseveredly so, they pissed on their fans!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule!

[This message has been edited by Vic Vega_0609 (edited July 27, 2000 at 07:45 PM).]