Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

...it's now Gun$-n-Ro$e$! Look at that price-tag!!!!!!

GUNS N' ROSES To Kick Off North American Tour In October - Sep. 3, 2002

GUNS N' ROSES will kick off a 40-plus date North American arena tour in late October in the Northeastern U.S., according to Billboard Bulletin. So far, no dates have yet been announced, although rumors suggest that an October 22nd date at Chicago's Allstate Arena is in the works. Reports that the band is asking for a $500K guarantee per show have also remained unconfirmed at this time.

The forthcoming trek will mark the band's first full-blown U.S. tour since playing 29 shows in 1993 that grossed $13.7 million. The group successfully toured Japan and Europe this summer and made a surprise appearance last week on the MTV Video Music Awards, performing the new song "Madagascar" amid old favorites "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Paradise City".

[ September 03, 2002, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This past weekend I was able to catch "highlights" of the vma's.......everyone who works for mtv was foaming at the mouth over Axl's return....He stunk. He looks "plasticy". I know it's not a word, but it really describes him best now. He sounded like he couldn't hit a high note if his life depended on it.

I bet he does pull in 500k per show. I'll go see him and I'll buy his new cd. I'll give his new band of minstrels an honest listen, but this ain't GNR.....and Axl shouldn't advertise it as so.
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 1,475 Times in 900 Posts

I don't know what top-selling bands ask for when they tour but $500,000 guaranteed sounds like a lot for a band that has been non-existent for the last decade. Especially, when their lead singer was notorious for causing trouble and pulling out of shows.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later, Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

From what I saw on MTV last week, Axl cannot hit the high notes anymore. He sounded bad. And his band is like a freak show. Is buckethead trying to copy the guitar player from Limp Bizkit? And what is up with the other gothic/wierdo guitar player? This is NOT Guns and Roses. I would be interested, however, to see what their new cd sounds like since it took over 10 years to record.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

FYI, Buckethead has been around since the 80's, If anything, Borland was copping HIS schtick
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

agreed buckethead has been around way before borland. btw i like buckethead he s a badass guitar player.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

I heard a clip off winmx from the performance at the VMAs and Axl sounded shaky, but I was happy to hear he isn't really strainy anymore. He just couldn't keep breath or stay in key. His voice is more listenable if he can actually sing on key...lol. I bet the new album will be good. I liked the new song they played. They aren't GnR, but it's about time we get a guitar band in the masses again...even if Axl can't sing.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I can't imagine there being a huge demand for the new G n'R especially since the band has done nothing of consequence since 1994. If Axl thinks he's going to be as big now as he was during the early 90's he's completely out to lunch.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:45 AM
    Liked 11,552 Times in 4,923 Posts

Buckethead, Schmuckethead....I could careless if he was the second coming of EVH, it ain't GNR no matter what Axl says. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Note to Axl...try not to smile much or your face will crack from all of that plastic surgery. Oh and breathe when you sing, so you're not winded in 30 seconds old timer. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One thing I always loved about Sammy with Van Halen....is that the band looked like it was having fun together....with the Balance tour being the exception.......

The guys in Axl's Band didn't look like they were having much fun. They didn't even interact with each other......I just don't know how a band that doesn't have fun on stage could stay togther......unless they're just highly paid musicians to play their parts during the live show.....
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

POUND CAKE
    Last Online

05.08.08 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Brett:
    Buckethead, Schmuckethead....I could careless if he was the second coming of EVH, it ain't GNR no matter what Axl says. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Note to Axl...try not to smile much or your face will crack from all of that plastic surgery. Oh and breathe when you sing, so you're not winded in 30 seconds old timer. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    There's a picture of Axl in the new Rolling Stone and he looks terrible. He doesn't even look like the same person. The shape of his face is totally different. If I saw that picture and it didn't say who it was, I would never guess Axl.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many To List
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Brett,

"...breathe..."

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

No sh*t, he was toast right out of the gate...

The Real Deal
    <a href="http://www.the-real-deal.com/index.htm" target="_blank">The Real Deal</a> does old VH better than any other band in the SF Bay Area. Hearing is believing...

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What the hell, I'll download a few tunes and see if it's worth buying. But I won't sell back my copy of Appetite For Destruction just yet...
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

I'll give his new band of minstrels an honest listen, but this ain't GNR.....and Axl shouldn't advertise it as so.[/QB]
    The story I once read was that Axl refused to go on stage until the rest of the band waived their rights to the name. Axl's just a punk bitch. He also wanted to redo the entire Appetite for Destruction album with a new band... Talk about egolomaniac! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]