Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

CHRIS CORNELL/RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE Select New Name, Launch Web Site - Sep. 9, 2002

After months of rumors, it appears that AUDIOSLAVE has been officially selected as the name of the new project featuring ex-SOUNDGARDEN frontman Chris Cornell and former RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE members Tim Commerford (bass), Brad Wilk (drums), and Tom Morello (guitar). A web site residing on the Sonymusic.com servers has been launched at www.audioslavemusic.com, containing four small, blurry photos of the group's members, as well as a form which you can use to sign up for an official online newsletter.

As previously reported, AUDIOSLAVE recently signed a management deal with The Firm (i.e. KORN, LIMP BIZKIT, etc.) and are readying the release of their much-anticipated debut album, which is now not expected to surface before early 2003.

The band once rumored to be called CIVILIAN had originally started work on their debut album early last year and were due to perform at this year's US Ozzfest dates. Shortly after announcing the tour, Cornell left the group, due in part to the differences stemming from the two parties having separate management deals. However, the band recently reunited and was seeking a neutral third party for management of the project. Previously, the RATM members were with Peter Mensch and Cliff Burnstein's management company Q-Prime, while Cornell was managed by Jim Guerinot's Rebel Waltz.

[ September 20, 2002, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: FH ]

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sweet.....the sooner this hits the radio...the better.
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

In May, 13 Civilian songs that exhibit the depth and primal ferocity of the band were leaked online. But the Epic spokesperson said the material the band is currently working on is dramatically different than the leaked songs, which were rough demos never intended for release.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Like I've said before, I really do hope the 'real' album will be completely different than the demos. Not because I didn't like the demos, I thought they were amazing! But, it will be like getting 2 albums for the price of one!! I'm really, really excited about this, and I'm sure the finished product will be even better than those demos. The only thing I really hope for is that Cornell's voice is more crisp on the final product.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

You might be meaning "three albums" instead of two. They've recorded two albums worth of songs because of their recording contract. The first one will come out on RATM's (EPIC) label and the second on Cornell's (Interscope).

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

AUDIOSLAVE Debut To Surface In November! - Sep. 11, 2002

AUDIOSLAVE, the new group featuring ex-SOUNDGARDEN frontman Chris Cornell and former RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE members Tim Commerford (bass), Brad Wilk (drums), and Tom Morello (guitar), have set November 19th as the release date for their much-anticipated debut album through Epic Records. The album's first single, "Save Yourself" (working/unconfirmed title), is scheduled to go to radio on October 1st, according to a label spokesperson.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Cool, I can't wait to hear this. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Excellent. Those demo's primed me for the real goods. I was hyped up when I got them, but left flat after a couple few listens. I'm sure the next batch will hold the goods now that they got their groove on. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

AUDIOSLAVE Set 'Cochese' As First Single From Debut CD - Sep. 17, 2002

AUDIOSLAVE, the new group featuring ex-SOUNDGARDEN frontman Chris Cornell and former RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE members Tim Commerford (bass), Brad Wilk (drums), and Tom Morello (guitar), have reportedly set the track "Cochese" as the first single from their highly-anticipated debut album, due out on November 19th through Epic Records. "Cochese" (previously known as "Save Yourself") is scheduled to go to radio on October 1st.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cochese? Isn't that like an old indian chief or something? I wonder if it'll be the same 'Save Yourself' from the demos. It's a really good song, and has a great Rage-like catchy riff. I'm interested to see if they changed the lyrics, which the namechange reflects.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

> Cochese? Isn't that like an old indian chief or something?

You're correct, sir. I remember reading a children's history book about him.
    <b>In my veins courses the blood of the ancients... I am one of the rightful heirs to this planet!</b>

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:09 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

I've always liked the music by RATM so it will be interesting to see which direction they go with their new stuff. I didn't hear any of the leaked demos so I have no idea on what to expect.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

The first single from the record is called "Cochese" and is slated to hit radio in early October, according to the band's management. Audioslave will shoot a video for the track in Los Angeles at the end of September with Mark Romanek, the director behind Nine Inch Nails' "Closer" and Michael and Janet Jackson's "Scream."

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

AUDIOSLAVE Finalize Track Listing For Self-Titled Debut - Sep. 20, 2002

AUDIOSLAVE, the new group featuring ex-SOUNDGARDEN frontman Chris Cornell and former RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE members Tim Commerford (bass), Brad Wilk (drums), and Tom Morello (guitar), have set the track listing to their forthcoming self-titled debut album, due on November 19th through Epic Records. It is as follows:

01. Cochise
    02. Show Me How To Live
    03. Gasoline
    04. What You Are
    05. Like A Stone
    06. Set It Off
    07. Shadow Of The Sun
    08. I Am The Highway
    09. Exploder
    10. Hypnotize
    11. Bring 'Em Back Alive
    12. Light My Way
    13. Getaway Car
    14. The Last Remaining Light

Morello recently explained the inspiration behind the album's first single, "Cochise": "Cochise was the last great American Indian chief to die free and absolutely unconquered," the guitarist said in a prepared statement. "When several members of his family were captured, tortured, and hung by the U.S. Cavalry, Cochise declared war on the entire Southwest and went on an unholy rampage, a warpath to end all warpaths. He and his warriors drove out thousands of settlers. Cochise the Avenger, fearless and resolute, attacked everything in his path with an unbridled fury. This song kinda sounds like that."

As previously reported, AUDIOSLAVE will shoot a video for "Cochise" in Los Angeles at the end of September with Mark Romanek, the director behind NINE INCH NAILS' "Closer" and MICHAEL and JANET JACKSON's "Scream".

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It looks like all the demo songs will show up here, plus 1 extra. I've found each song title (except 1) in a coresponding demo that was released. I wonder what Morello meant when they said the final cd will be 'completely different'? I figured it would mean new songs...maybe just rerecorded? Hopefully they laid down a little better vocals on the finished one, and turned up the guitar solos a little.