Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

YES!!!

Looks like I will *actually* make it to a Punks gig before the year is done and over with. Staff Pro wanted me to work this Friday night, but I told them I had better things to do...like see the Atomic Punks at Canes in Mission Beach! The wife and I will be there, since her mom is coming dwon from Fontana to visit and she said she'd babysit for us.

Thank God...we've been needing a night out like this for a LOOOOONG time! (Uh, Cabo aside, that is!)

Anyone else gonna make it this Friday????
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Punks ROCKED tonight!!!

They did a kick-ass cover of Judas Priest's "You Got Another Thing Comin'". It was great to hear "Romeo Delight" back in the set. Now, please put "The Full Bug" back as well! Took my digicam and got off some pretty decent shots. It was a very sparse crowd tonight. Nothing like it usually is at Canes. I played it safe tonight and hung out on a bar stool with my wife for the entire set. Saw Jenn, Albert, and I'm pretty sure I saw Tim, too. If that was you, Tim, dude...invest in some voice lessons. EESH!

Just havin' some fun with ya, man.

Great gig. I haven't been to a Punks show in a long time, and I missed these guys. I'm glad I went. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ December 14, 2002, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: Vince G. ]
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brother Vince, Hello from a fellow San Diegan and DLR Van Halen fan. Glad you were able to party your ass off at Canes with the little lady. Too bad about the small crowd. That's kind of a surprise. The Punks usually fill the place up pretty good. I've noticed since they lost Brian the crowds have been a little smaller. The new kid is okay but Brian is just a fuckin' freak when it comes to bangin' out the EVH licks. His duplication of Eddie's tones is unreal. Dave didn't pick him up for nothing. I was lucky enough to see The Punks with Brian just a month or two before he joined up with Dave and he was just amazing to watch up close. Ralph the singer does as good a job of copying Dave as can be done. Anyways, glad you had a great time. By the way, did you ride that old rollercoaster out front before you went in? That shit'll get your blood goin' for the show.... Later Bro' [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    "American Made. World Played".