Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Loons
    I wish I was more of a fan when they opened up for VH! I hadn't really heard of them and I think I may have been too pre-occupied with dippin' snuff,drinkin', & other stuff. They did crack me up with the Metallica let's all four bang our heads at the time stuff. Layne kept saying Spinal Tap-esque stuff and I remember making fun of some tune that I heard the word 'wood' over and over. Now, I've seen the error of my ways and really dig AIC. Does anyone know who did the original "Queen of the Rodeo" or "I can't have your blues?" I know Cantrell played a Cabo gig with Sammy--anyone know the set list? Did VH ever jam with them on that tour or vice versa?

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Yeah, I saw Alice in Chains open up for Van Halen on the FUCK tour here in Edmonton. I seem to recall that Layne Staley had a cast on his leg and barely moved around at all. And Jerry Cantrell sure did love to thrash that hair around. Frankly, I didn't pay that close attention to them musically, as I wasn't a fan at all.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

All albums
    Favorite VH Song

All songs
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Saw them too own the FUCK tour here in Philadelphia at the Spectrum. Layne was telling the crowd that we sucked, he hated us, was spitting his beer on the people in the 1st row and giving everyone the finger. The low point was he threw the bottle into the crowd. The high point was, the bottle was thrown right back and hit him in his head. AIC was booed off the stage the second night.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Saw 'em open up for VH in Atlanta in'91. They were awesome. I didn't know anything but "Man in the Box". Boy did I jump on their bandwagon ever since. They kick ass!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw it and Ed played "Man In The Box" with them

On Fire
    Last Online

06.24.06 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I seen them in Vancouver, '91. I still remember that snare sound the drummer had. It had the coolest "crack" tone ever!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw them open for Van Halen in Montreal. They were awesome. By the way, the name of that song is "Would", ironically enough

It was awesome when they played Nowhere (I think that is the name of the song) and it goes from a slow intro to a head banging chorus... seeing all these Canadians jumping up and down in rhythm. F'in awesome.

From Afar

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I sam em open up for VH @ the Meadowlands in Jersey, most of the crowd didn't really dig em but I thought they rocked. Jerry Cantrell can jam!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

02.20.16 @ 05:42 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I saw them when they opened up for VH at St. Louis in 91. The crowd really didn't get into them at all.

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.15.14 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I saw these guys open up for VH on the FUCK tour their only hit at the time, I think, was "Man in the Box". I remember that I didn't like AIC at the time, but now I think they are a great band. They played a pretty good set, nothing special, and nothing compared to the mighty VH, but then again who does?

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw Alice in Chains open up for the
    boys in Indianapolis at Deer Creek Music
    Center in August '91. It was a pretty
    good show.

MCMLXXXIV
    I saw them in Toronto. I hated them (now love them). I was so bored, and the sound of the Skydome was so awful, when Layne stopped the show once, I started shrieking (Eddie, Eddie) and my friends and the rest of the crowd got really into it. I know it sounds like a lie that I was the one (in this particular instance) to start the chanting, but I was.

The crowd got energized and never stopped shouting "eddie" each time they would try to break to talk to the audience. I remember Layne telling us that Toronto girls gave the best head.... which wasn't taken well. At the end of their set, they said "Fuck off" and just walked off stage....

I would NOT want to be an opening act for VH. Our Lady Peace said that they had a lot of trouble getting heard because of people like me not caring about them. Hell, I go to a VH show to see VH not the opening act!

------------------
    Might as well "leave a message"
    Adam Sandler - Big Daddy

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.23.05 @ 03:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It was in 91 and the only song was Man in the Box, those they did rock. Chicago loved them at the World theater anyway.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

f.u.c.k. tour in philadelphia 1991. they are lucky that they got out of town alive! the singer must have been on heroin that night. what a asshole.

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Holy Shit, what mixxed reviews! I saw them in Providence. They were GREAT. The crowd was very receptive and there were no problems. It was actually the last opening act I saw with Halen. Now I spend all the time before the show hanging out with the Halenheads at the local bars. I felt a little badly about missing KWS but not bad enough to keep me away from the Halenheads! There's nothing like walking into a bar in Providence when they're CRANKING the Halen and the whole fuckin place is filled with Halenheads and I walk in and people take one look at me and SCREAM "H-A-L-E-N"!!! I guess I just have that Halen look about me!

Oh yeah, so AIC, love them then and now.
    janevh

Eat Us And Smile!!!!!!!