Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m The One/Mean Street
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hunted down Gary and Sam's latest efforts and found myself quite pleased with both. Tribe Of Judah is really cool, because they are kind of unknown. I mean, on their website there is a link for booking info...you won't see that on a Van Halen or Sammy Hagar site. In my opinion Gary's vocals are excellent, and the whole thing is pretty unique. I give it a thumbs up. On Sam's "Not 4 Sale", when he came in singing on the first track, I figured I would like it. The album is a good album for on the road. Anyone else care to share their thoughts on either or both of these albums?

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen & F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Secrets & Take Me Back (Deja Vu)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I didn't like "not4sale" at first, but it has grown on me. I don't think it's Sam's best album, but it does have some good songs. I love "Exit Elvis." It's really fresh with great, catchy songs. I hope Dave puts out a new album in 2003. I hope it's better than the new video intro on his page (WTF is up with that?).

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"N4S" is cool, though it's mostly cuts that didn't make "Red Voodoo" and "Ten13". You have to be deaf o not notice it. Wasn't too hot on "Whole Lotta Zep" at first, but it's grown on me and sounds killer when blasted thru a set of Bose's! And, it also sounds smuch better live. "Things've Changed" is my favorite track, along with "Halleluiah". I love the keyboards feel on it, very Ray Manzarek-ish. And, Mona's bass is heard and felt on every track.

"Exit Elvis" is very creative and eclectic as hell. It's just too bad it won't receive any, if at all, airplay. Gary did a great job on it, but it's so eclectic that the entire album defies any type of musical categorization, which will make it extrenely hard for program directors to decide if, and when, it will get played. But, since they're unhappy and sick with Spitfire, who released their record, they're looking at possibly making a switch and recording more "mainstream" material which will garner them some actual airplay. It kinda takes Gary away from his whole "doin' it my way" vibe on the record, but in the music industry I guess you do what you gotta do.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I haven't heard N4S but I just picked up TOJ and I really liked it. My friend/guitar player said something to the effect that it sounded like an Extreme album without Nuno and with alot of programming. The guitar player on that CD is no slouch though. He did some very cool stuff. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 433 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Bought both the week they came out. Sammy's N4S IMO is up there as one of his best solo's, even though it was just thrown together.

Cherone's Exit Elvis suprised me alot. Great CD, but I had my doubts about it at first because some people said it was leaning towards techno/industrial vibe. Now that I've listened to it a few times, I would spend the money to go see TOJ if they came near the DC/Baltimore area.

My $0.02
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

humans being
    Last Online

02.10.12 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    [QB]"N4S" is cool, Wasn't too hot on "Whole Lotta Zep" at first, but it's grown on me and sounds killer when blasted thru a set of Bose's
    You should hear it thru ANYTHING other than BOSE J/K!
    We recently upgraded the speakers on the main stereo at home from Bose to a nice set of Studio 100s from Paragigm and we are REALLY impressed with the sound. All of Sammys recent solo albums take on a whole new sound thru our system. And like Martha Stewart would say "That's a GOOD thing" [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I haven't heard the TOJ CD yet but I do like the N4Sale release. The Whole lotta Zep thing is STILL growin on me....
    "And the Cradle will Rock!"

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH3... it varies.
    Favorite VH Song

too many to count... I\'m diggin\' Can\'t Get This Stuff No More right now.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I didn't bother checking out Not 4 Sale... was never too interested in Hagar's solo stuff. I'm thinking of looking into Montrose though.

I've been looking for TOJ's album all over the place, but to no avail. I've heard Left For Dead, and it was really different than what I'd expected, considering it was a tune he was working on for the follow-up to VH3. Still very cool though.

It's too bad about the lousy sales though... Gary should try and switch to Vai's label, Favored Nations. They've got great distribution (around here anyway), and maybe Vai would even do a guest spot, as he often does on his artists albums. That'd be kickass!
    "The common thing on governments as an institution is: they're all bad worldwide. It might be the only thing that binds all nations together: the incompetence of their governments. Look at the people who have been president in the US so far... could I DO ANY WORSE?"<br /> <br />~ Frank Zappa

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by BAM5150:
    I've been looking for TOJ's album all over the place, but to no avail. I've heard Left For Dead, and it was really different than what I'd expected, considering it was a tune he was working on for the follow-up to VH3. Still very cool though.
    Next time you're at your local record store (Tower, Wherehouse, etc.) try looking under "C" for "Gary Cherone". I found it at Tower Records this way, listed as "Gary Cherone's Tribe Of Judah".
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can\'t This Be Love
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BAM5150:
    Next time you're at your local record store (Tower, Wherehouse, etc.) try looking under "C" for "Gary Cherone". I found it at Tower Records this way, listed as "Gary Cherone's Tribe Of Judah".</font>[/QUOTE]Yeah, when I got it, it was under "Cherone's" as well, which made it really hard to look up on the computer in the store. On the top of the wrapper it says "Gary Cherone's Tribe of Judah".
    Right now, rock n' roll needs a swift kick in the...<br /><br />"Gimme a bottle o' anything... and a glazed donut... to go!"

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'm listening to Not 4 Sale right now. I think it's great. I love most of the songs, The Big Nail being the only one I don't like as much.

Haven't heard the TOJ album yet but everyone is raving about it.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH3... it varies.
    Favorite VH Song

too many to count... I\'m diggin\' Can\'t Get This Stuff No More right now.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BAM5150:
    Next time you're at your local record store (Tower, Wherehouse, etc.) try looking under "C" for "Gary Cherone". I found it at Tower Records this way, listed as "Gary Cherone's Tribe Of Judah".</font>[/QUOTE]Will do, thanks. I've been looking under both T and E (thinking it might be listed with Extreme), but haven't checked ou C yet. Next CD run...
    "The common thing on governments as an institution is: they're all bad worldwide. It might be the only thing that binds all nations together: the incompetence of their governments. Look at the people who have been president in the US so far... could I DO ANY WORSE?"<br /> <br />~ Frank Zappa

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:59 AM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

I think I also remember someone else posting that they found it at their local record retailer under "Van Halen", so ya might wanna look there as well!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Also, if you try to buy it online, you might want to try looking for TOJ under "Anthropic Principal" or "The Flaws of Non-Contradiction."
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing