Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

10.15.08 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm a big Wallflowers fan and picked up the new cd "Red Letter Days" yesterday. Really good songs, a better disc than "Breach". If you were burned by "Breach", give RLD a chance.

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I loved Bringing Down the Horse, but didn't care much for Breach. Glad to hear that Red Letter Days is a return to form. I'll have to check it out.
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

allmusic.com review:
    The Wallflowers' long-awaited third album, Breach, was a strong, confident record that demonstrated clear growth from Jakob Dylan as a songwriter and the Wallflowers as a band. Thing is, everybody ignored it. Critics wrote it off and the large audience Bringing Down the Horse attracted shunned it, leaving the band in an awkward position of having to prove themselves yet again with their fourth album, Red Letter Days. The first striking thing about the album is that its production is a clear reaction to the failure of Breach. Glistening where its predecessor had a semblance of grit, this is a polished mainstream rock record, designed to win back listeners who loved the band by hearing "One Headlight" on the radio repeatedly. Dylan has adjusted his songwriting slightly, too, playing up the hooks and the melodies, which is hardly selling out. Even so, it's hard not to wish that the album had a bit more of the quirks and muscle that gave Breach its backbone. Without it, Red Letter Days isn't quite as forceful, but it is accomplished, melodic and attractive, especially since the simple fact is, there are very few bands making this kind of post-Tom Petty classicist rock in the 2000s and those that do don't do it as well, which is why this album is welcome, no matter how glossy the production is. — Stephen Thomas Erlewine
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

10.15.08 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't agree with the review. I find Red Letter Days is much closer to Breach than Bringing down the Horse in production and song styles. I think that he is right about the hooks and melodies on the new album. I thought Breach had 3 or 4 standout tracks. This one is pretty much all standout tracks, just like Bringing down the Horse.