Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Check out the latest at www.stryper.com. Apparently, the yellow & black attack recently performed in Costa Rica a few days ago. Could be a possible reunion in the future??? We'll see...anyway, what I thought was additionally cool was the "proposed" set list they were possibly going to play...

notice what the encore was to be???

On Fire!!!! (Yep, THAT one!) I guarantee you that a Stryper version of that song, especially Mike Sweet nailing that high pitch DLR yelp after the solo would absolutely rule!! Who's got a boot of that show??

------------------
    "Whenever we come to Milwaukee, we try and have a special surprise for you here and tonite we got a whole sh*tload of 'em for you and right now, we want to whip the first one at you here! Y'know, usually Ed doesn't sing this part of the song and when he does tonight for the first time, you'll find out why!"

-David Lee Roth, Milwaukee 1980

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    This is Kick Ass news in my book. I was a burly Srtyper fan back in the day. I've met them, and they were HUGE VH fans. Like Robert Sweet said, "We've always been Van Halen fans." "Except we want to run from the Devil, not with him" LOL. I was with him during a radio interview in 87 in Texas. Cool guy. All of them were. I hung out during sound check. Very cool. IMO I always thought they could play well. The religious thing always rubs people wrong in some circles, but it's a good message. Out.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I agree, track! From what I have been able to tell, the guys in Stryper are very cool! I would have loved to have been there during soundchecks and the live interviews! They've always seemed pretty down to earth! I have had the opportunity to chat w/Mike Sweet via email and am really looking forward to his new CD coming out in January! Who knows...maybe with all the news about the Costa Rica show, there could be a Stryper reunion this year? I know they're supposed to perform at a Stryper convention this May and at a Christian music festival weekend near the Quad Cities in July. I may try to check that one out.

------------------
    "Whenever we come to Milwaukee, we try and have a special surprise for you here and tonite we got a whole sh*tload of 'em for you and right now, we want to whip the first one at you here! Y'know, usually Ed doesn't sing this part of the song and when he does tonight for the first time, you'll find out why!"

Last Online

08.10.15 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    HE'S THE ROCK THAT MAKES ME ROLL!!!!

Man, I'm feelin' the need to hear some Stryper, great band!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

"Dance the Night Away"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I love Stryper! I still listen to "In God We Trust" and "To Hell with the Devil." One of my favorite albums. As a matter of fact, I saw them in New York right before they split up. They were no longer wearing the black and yellow but they did perform "I'm On Fire" during their encore. They are indeed huge Van Halen fans. And may I add that they are wonderful musicians. One of the best harmonizing bands in the history of Rock as far as I am concerned.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Georgie...

How did they sound when they did "On Fire"? I would imagine with their musicianship and harmonies, it probably did nothing less than out and out ROCK! I haven't read or heard anything, at this point, as to how the Costa Rica show did/sound. Still, I've maintained, as have many on VHL, that Stryper is just one amazing band and I'd love to see them reunite again. Wonder if their reunion tour would amount to much. I'm sure it wouldn't garner the same attention (mainstream wise) as the recent Poison and ______ tours did the past couple summers, but I think it would do a lot better than some would imagine.

------------------

Last Online

Premium Member
    Against the Law is another good album that got lost in the shuffle back in 90. Michael, Tim, and Oz do harmonize with the best of them. People do get turned off by their message, and I can understand that, but damn they are great musicians. Hey is their a Stryper message board, maybe I can moderate over on that one. LOL. J/K btw.

One other thing, do any of you Stryper fans have that Japan show on Video? Send me an E-mail if you do. I lost it many many years ago, and have yet to see anywhere. Thanks. "Come fight the good fight." "Join us while you can." LOL. Out.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I got the Japan video from 1989...the In God We Trust. I think you might be looking for the Japan show from the Soldiers Under Command video. I can hook you up with the '89 show if you'd like.

------------------

Last Online

Premium Member
    Send me an E-mail Cabo. Out.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Uh track...

I can't find your email, bro! Mine is JHunt5150@aol.com. Drop me a line and we'll chat, my man!

------------------

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey I liked Stryper back in the day also! To hell with the devil is the only alblum I truly enjoyed though.

The song that ruined the whole vibe with them was that damn "calling on you" Man what a cheesy voice! Although that might of been one of their best messages though about god. Oh well? ...

------------------
    "broken down n' dirty dressed in rags" -DOA

Last Online

Premium Member
    Hey Cabo check your mail man. I sent it "Loud 'N' Clear." So "Let the People hear!" LOL. Damn, another odd post by t5 again. Out.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Everybody sing along now.....

"I'll reach out
    You reach out
    He'll reach out today!!""

Stryper, back together?

Can it be?

Yeah they looked like "Transvestite bees for Jesus" and a couple of their singles were pure Velveeta, but what can I say, I love these guys and God gave me permission to think of them differently from other hair bands

Hmmm....

Van HALEN Silence the Lambs 2001 tour

with special guests

Living Colour
    and
    Stryper

Damn, could you imagine??
    with

------------------
    F.O.R.D. Country
    EUAS 2001 : The Wrath of Roth

Van HALEN is: Dave, Eddie, Mikey, Alex. Any questions?

preaching the gospel of the one true Van HALEN for the redemption of a rock n roll world that's gone
    to boy band Hell.

[This message has been edited by FORD (edited December 27, 2000 at 07:57 PM).]

Last Online

Premium Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FORD:
    Everybody sing along now.....

Van HALEN Silence the Lambs 2001 tour

with special guests

Living Colour
    and
    Stryper

Damn, could you imagine??
    with

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of odd Stryper and Rock group tours. Do you remember when Motley and Stryper were rummored to start touring together in 87? "The Heaven and Hell Tour"

Damn, THAT would have been odd to say the least. LOL. Out.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I remember when Hit Parader had an issue of Rob Sweet (Stryper) on one side of the cover and I think Blackie Lawless (WASP) on the other. They called it "Heaven and Hell" on the front. I heard about the Motley/Stryper proposed bill, but I guess it never materialized. You got to give it to them though...they had guts to hook up w/any of those secular hair bands and go out and do the shows with THEIR particular message.

It's funny, because in the beginning (no pun intended ), Stryper was opening for the likes of Ratt and Poison and it was a more "secular" audience checking them out. As time grew, it seemed like there were more Contemporary Christian music fans at the shows for Stryper and it was the opening acts (ie: Armored Saint, White Lion, Jetboy, etc) that people weren't sure of. Remember Loudness and Hurricane doing a bunch of shows w/them? If only it were 1986 again...(sigh)

------------------