Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

List all of the hidden messages in songs, like meaning backwords and such.

I know people accused Def Leppard of being satanic because of the FX used in Love Bites. Could anyone explain this one and others to me?
    "There's a time and place for everything- for everyone."

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Motley Crue's Home Sweet Home has one. If you reverse it during the "home sweet home" lines it sounds like 'please smoke.'

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

A favourite subject of mine - know of many intentional and non-intentional hidden messages - interested in hearing about more. Don't know of any hidden messages in "Love Bites", but "Rocket" from the same album has snippets of "Women" and "Gods Of War" backwards in it. My all time favourite intentional took me maybe 15 years or so to find. On J. Geils Band Love Stinks from 1980 there's a track called "No Anchovies, Please" which isn't really a song but instead a silly story. Anywhere, there's a point where Peter Wolf says "Upon awakening she finds herself in a strange foreign-speaking nation" followed by what I thought for years was just gibberish, but a few years ago I finally thought to play it backwards and found that there's actually something there: "it doesn't take a genius to know the difference between chicken sh*t and chicken salad..."

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Since SN is too young to remember the right wing "Christian" fanatacism of the early 80's, a little background is in order....

These idiots suddenly went nuts and found [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img] hiding in every corner. Rock band names were suspicious, such as
    ASIA - "All for Satan In America" (never mind that they were English)

AC/DC - "Against Christ/Devil's Children

KISS - "Knights In Satan's Service"

RUSH - "Ruling Under Satan's Hands"

Then they started playing records backwards... Zep's Stairway to Heaven was said to contain the following lines.....

"Here's to my sweet Satan
    No other made a path
    for it makes me sad
    whose power is Satan"

Even more ridiculous was the supposed message in the Eagles' Hotel California, which supposedly said "Satan created his own religion. He mixed it up in a vat and fed it to his children and it was delicious"

Oddly enough I never heard a word on that record.

Even some Christian groups were embarrassed by these actions. The Christian band Petra included a deliberately backmasked message on their song "Judas Kiss". It said.....

"Why are you looking for [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img] when you should be looking for the Lord??"

I think they nailed the question [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Here's the link to a Led Zeppelin site that has a lot of info about secret messages in "Stairway". It also lists some other songs which some people claim have hidden messages in them.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...897/index.html
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Here's a couple Iron Maiden ones. If you go to this link http://www.truemetal.org/ironmaiden/frames2.html
    and click on BACKWARD MESSAGES on the left hand side, there are sound links to these.

Anyway, here's some cut and paste

Still Life-This song appears on the Piece Of Mind album. Perhaps the most common question by Maiden fans is the meaning of the backwards message just before Still Life begins. Even if you reverse it, it still remains mostly unintelligible

The message is actually Nicko McBrain speaking in a thick accent and saying:

Hmm, Hmmm
    What ho sed de t'ing wid de t'ree bonce
    Don't meddle wid t'ings you don't understand.
    <belch>

This essentially means: "What ho said the monster with the three heads, don't meddle with things you don't understand." The message is mainly intended for the religious bigots who had condemned the band as devil worshipers. See the Iron Maiden FAQ for more details on the possible origins of this message.

Back In The Village-Thanks to Evil Noddy for pointing this one out. It isn't backward, but it's still pretty cool so I decided to add it anyway. This one is from the Powerslave album. When Bruce sings "...sixes all the way..." there is a background whisper saying "six six six".

There's a couple others on that site too, all with real audio sound files available. That's a great Maiden site. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

There's always been talk of there being an effect on Suicide Solution. If you've ever seen the video cassette called Don't Blame Me there's a guy who's interviewed who thinks Ozzy was saying "get the gun, shoot shoot shoot". Ozzy admits that there is an effect on there but claims it was nothing more than him fucking around on the track, not putting anything specific on there.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great post FORD.

Yeah, the religious fanatics got way carried away in the early 80's....Additionally, anyone remember the whole Judas Priest fiasco? Where 2 kids spent an eveing listening to the album "Stained Class". Smoked a bunch of pot, then made a suicide pact. One guy shot himself 1st w/ a shotgun and killed himself. (I think they did it on a playground) then the other moron, put the barrel to his head and fired, but apparently pulled the barrell to the side in a flinching manuever and actually LIVED. (Though as you may expect, his face was a freaking mess!!!)

Now these 2 kids had severe depression issues and were smoking massive amounts of pot (and chasing it w/ alcohol) But lets blame the RECORD they were listening to shall we????

For Christsakes people!!!!! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I believe the "Evil Song" the parents and lawyers raised a fuss about on the album "Stained Class" was "Better By You, Better By Me"

Anyone remember this?
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for your replies. I find this an interesting topic.
    "There's a time and place for everything- for everyone."

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrokenCombs:
    One guy shot himself 1st w/ a shotgun and killed himself.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>then the other moron, put the barrel to his head and fired, but apparently pulled the barrell to the side in a flinching manuever and actually LIVED.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Now these 2 kids had severe depression issues and were smoking massive amounts of pot<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Damn, the one kid is dead, and he's STILL depressed and smoking pot. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sorry bro, just jokin' with ya.

Yeah, I remember that. I remember the Priest guys showing up in court wearing suits. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Then of course there was the whole "Paul is dead" thing back in the late sixties, where some of the clues were tied to backwards messages on The Beatles album:

At the end of "I'm So Tired", there is some mumbling from John. Played backwards it sounds a little like "Paul is dead, man, miss him, miss him..."

"Revolution 9" - the repeated "Number 9" phrase sounds like "Turn me on, dead man" when played backwards

On a non-Paul is dead note, the "inner groove" at the end of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - a bunch of gibberish at the end of "A Day In The Life" on side two (right after the inaudible tone that only dogs can hear), when played backwards sounds like "We'll f**k you like we're supermen..."

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FORD:
    Then they started playing records backwards... Zep's Stairway to Heaven was said to contain the following lines.....

"Here's to my sweet Satan
    No other made a path
    for it makes me sad
    whose power is Satan"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd never heard it this way before. The way I know it is "There's still time to change the road you're on...and it makes me wonder" comes out "There's no escaping it...here's to my sweet Satan..." I'll have to listen for the rest. Also, "But she wants to be sure" sounds like "I wish it would snow" backwards - must've been too hot that day in hell!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No worries Glenn...It sure is tragic though when certain members of society try to blame rock music for these kind of awful event...

I remember this one retty well...I was young and it really made an impression on me, the fact that this rock band was being SUED for supposedly encouraging a fan to KILL themselves! Whatever happend to personal responsibilty.

Same with that nutball lawyer who was part of the lawsuit against Ozzy Osbourne (regarding the lyrics to Suicide Solution)

"Get The Gun Get The Gun....." [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Give me a break.
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    On Quenn's "Another one bites the dust, it sounds like they say "I love to smoke marijuana." SPOOKY stuff I know, but thought I add to this topic. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Not sure if anyone is still interested in this topic, but this website below has a bunch of the above talked about sound files, both forward and backward. [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    http://www.mohammedi.freeserve.co.uk/backmask.html

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

You know, if you play "How Many Say I" backwards, you hear, "Who the h*ll ever told me I could sing?" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]