Register
    Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Rolling Stones played a solid 2-hour set last night here at the San Diego Sports Arena. It was my first Stones concert, and, if the talk coming from the Stones circle we heard last night is to be believed, it was probably my last as well. Mick's voice was in top shape, and Ron Wood wailed on guitar. Keith was cool, as usual, and Charlie as laid back as ever. Hard to believe someone that plays as small a kit as he does can create just HUGE sounds from it.

Here's the set list:

Street Fighting Man
    It's Only Rock and Roll
    If You Can't Rock Me
    Don't Stop
    Bitch
    Love In Vain
    Let It Bleed
    Monkey Man
    Midnight Rambler
    Tumblin' Dice
    Slipping Away (Keith Richards)
    Happy (Keth Richards)
    Start Me Up
    You Got Me Rockin'
    Can't You Hear Me Knocking
    Honky Tonk Woman
    Satisfaction
    Neighbours
    Little Red Rooster
    Brown Sugar
    Jumpin' Jack Flash (encore)

"Neighbours" and "Little Red Rooster" had the Stones out on the runway and playing to the crowd in the center of the arena, going back to their blues roots, and they sounded very much the typical blues-based bar band. That was probably my favorite part of the performance. I met the band last night, and Keith was a total trip, not to mention totally loaded. Charlie was way cool, very much the gentleman. Mick looked spaced out, like he's never played the Sports Arena before (they have) and Ron was a total goof.

Sheryl Crow opened for them, which none of us knew about, and she kicked serious ass. Prior to her starting up "A Change Will Do You Good", she intro'd it with what sounded like the intro to Cheap Trick's "Aint That A Shame", and then at the end of the song segued into "I Can't Explain" by The Who. She came back out to sing "Honky Tonk Woman" with Mick during the Stones' set.

My only gripes? Just 2: they didn't play longer, and the amount of women there who were obviously 30 years past their prime, and tried too hard to squeeze too much into too little clothing. Wrinkles and sags everywhere, oh my! ICK! Use your imagination....
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 928 Times in 555 Posts

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    The Rolling Stones played a solid 2-hour set last night here at the San Diego Sports Arena. It was my first Stones concert, and, if the talk coming from the Stones circle we heard last night is to be believed, it was probably my last as well. Mick's voice was in top shape, and Ron Wood wailed on guitar. Keith was cool, as usual, and Charlie as laid back as ever. Hard to believe someone that plays as small a kit as he does can create just HUGE sounds from it.

Here's the set list:

Street Fighting Man
    It's Only Rock and Roll
    If You Can't Rock Me
    Don't Stop
    Bitch
    Love In Vain
    Let It Bleed
    Monkey Man
    Midnight Rambler
    Tumblin' Dice
    Slipping Away (Keith Richards)
    Happy (Keth Richards)
    Start Me Up
    You Got Me Rockin'
    Can't You Hear Me Knocking
    Honky Tonk Woman
    Satisfaction
    Neighbours
    Little Red Rooster
    Brown Sugar
    Jumpin' Jack Flash (encore)

"Neighbours" and "Little Red Rooster" had the Stones out on the runway and playing to the crowd in the center of the arena, going back to their blues roots, and they sounded very much the typical blues-based bar band. That was probably my favorite part of the performance. I met the band last night, and Keith was a total trip, not to mention totally loaded. Charlie was way cool, very much the gentleman. Mick looked spaced out, like he's never played the Sports Arena before (they have) and Ron was a total goof.

Sheryl Crow opened for them, which none of us knew about, and she kicked serious ass. Prior to her starting up "A Change Will Do You Good", she intro'd it with what sounded like the intro to Cheap Trick's "Aint That A Shame", and then at the end of the song segued into "I Can't Explain" by The Who. She came back out to sing "Honky Tonk Woman" with Mick during the Stones' set.

My only gripes? Just 2: they didn't play longer, and the amount of women there who were obviously 30 years past their prime, and tried too hard to squeeze too much into too little clothing. Wrinkles and sags everywhere, oh my! ICK! Use your imagination....
    That set list looks awesome . I had to pass on them this week in the Bay Area but now I`m really jealous after seeing that set list. Good news for the Bay Area , the Stones are coming back in February [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    You may think I`m being mean but I`m really just being sarcastic

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

cool, a Let It Bleed-themed setlist. i saw them do an Exile-based one in Cleveland...hopefully, i'm going to the Pittsburgh show in January.

Vince, don't believe the talk. every Stones tour is rumored to be the last one...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:19 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by Vince G.:

Sheryl Crow opened for them, which none of us knew about, and she kicked serious ass. Prior to her starting up "A Change Will Do You Good", she intro'd it with what sounded like the intro to Cheap Trick's "Aint That A Shame"
    It's Antoine "Fats" Domino's "Ain't That a Shame". Cheap Trick did a damn good cover though.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA