Register
    Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

I guess selling out pays off ... depending on how you look at it. Can't wait to watch this! [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

http://www.billboard.com/billboard/d...ent_id=1433072
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Wolfie3:
    I guess selling out pays off ... depending on how you look at it. Can't wait to watch this! [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

]
    I guess putting out new albums and touring every few years pays off also?
    “I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute “ Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Aerosmith is a staple of rock music. They have been through so much that I think they are entitled to do what they want. Some people call it selling out and some people call it delivering music to rock fans. Dream On and Crying are power ballads that fit what they wanted to do at THAT time. Selling out is for boy bands and Rap Crap. Aerosmith just wants to be as public as possible...shouldn't all bands be that way? hmmm...where's our boys?
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by BREW CREW:
    Selling out is for boy bands and Rap Crap. Aerosmith just wants to be as public as possible...
    By selling out, first with "Rap Crap" (1986) and then nailing their coffin shut for good with a boy band (2001 Super Bowl EMBARRASMENT)

BTW, I actually liked the Run-DMC thing. I just wanted to use your own weak assed argument against you

AeroSHIT would have been better off calling it quits for good in 1979. Then their place as a great rock n roll band would remain untarnished.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They're putting out ANOTHER greatest hits album???

I thought word a few months ago was that they were issuing another live album? Are they running out of creative ideas that fucking fast?
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    They're putting out ANOTHER greatest hits album???

I thought word a few months ago was that they were issuing another live album? Are they running out of creative ideas that fucking fast?
    What would you expect from a band that stopped writing their own songs over a decade ago?
    Eat Us And Smile

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Fools
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BREW CREW:
    Selling out is for boy bands and Rap Crap. Aerosmith just wants to be as public as possible...
    By selling out, first with "Rap Crap" (1986) and then nailing their coffin shut for good with a boy band (2001 Super Bowl EMBARRAS[S]MENT)

BTW, I actually liked the Run-DMC thing. I just wanted to use your own weak assed argument against you

AeroSHIT would have been better off calling it quits for good in 1979. Then their place as a great rock n roll band would remain untarnished.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Selling out is for Rap Crap. And I agree with FORD that BREW CREW was making a "weak-assed argument" considering that "Rap Crap" abounds on JPE, as well. In fact, it makes me wonder whether BREW CREW even listened to "Just Push Eject." [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Though, who can blame him?

As for FORD "actually liking the Run-DMC thing" . . . I'm amazed how you can rant on and on about hating cheese and then turn around and admit to liking cheese mold!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by UnleashVH:
    As for FORD "actually liking the Run-DMC thing" . . . I'm amazed how you can rant on and on about hating cheese and then turn around and admit to liking cheese mold!
    Hey now, nothing wrong with Run DMC. They were actually doing a great job blending rock and rap even without Aerosmith's help. I'm not a huge rap fan, but there are exceptions deserving of recognition, and back in the day, Run DMC fit that description. "Raising Hell" probably had more guitar on it than 5150 did, given the introduction of cheese ballads...
    Eat Us And Smile

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

[quote]Originally posted by FORD:
    Originally posted by BREW CREW:
    [qb]

It is my opinion, not an argument. It doesn't matter anyway to you since you can't handle anything except VH with DLR. Narrow-minded and always full of nim-witted insulting names for bands that other people actually RESPECT!!! Something you do not have.
    Aerosmith is a great rock and roll band that tries things it probably regrets...but at least they TRY things nowdays!
    And yes..I don't have "Just Push Play" because I chose not to buy it..it doesn't mean I think they suck now and suck forever.
    Just go for it!