Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning - of course!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Love the new single! I'm goin' today to by the CD. They sound like the Crue of old. What's my peeps think? I've saw them 4 times - always put on one hell of a show.

Wazzup DIF

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

WAZZZZZZZZZZZZZUP, Jeff?!

LOL. I have Dr. Feelgood, but was never moved to buy another Crue album.

A little too caught up in the image instead of the music. Whenever you see them in an interview all they talk about is how rude they are, how much trouble they cause, etc.

But they are funny, I'll give them that.

They're better at interviews than they are at music, IMHO.

The story about being on tour with Ozzy is classic.

------------------
    "Sayonara, Suicide, Hari-Kari, Kamikaze, you won't see another evening, bye-bye..."

Official Bartender Of VHLinks

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning - of course!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Damn DIF - I thought more peeps here would like the Crue than just yours truely! Go ahead and close this bad Mo' Fo' if ya want.

Unofficial Drunk of VH Links

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

Crue is cool. I'm glad Nikki Sixx realized that Vince was the man and let Tommy go instead. VH and the Crue are what brought me up in those teenage years.
    Check out their animated video at www.campchaos.com

------------------
    500 horses and a Chrysler mill, makes the Limecuda the king of the hill

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

04.17.08 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well I'm not much for there image but I do like most of their music! I've heard mp3's of the new album and it sounds pretty good!

------------------
    Van Halen Burning the Stage Forever!!!

Having a bad day? Well VAN HALEN has been formulated to wipe those bad day blues Away!
    Hide your sheep? What about Little Bo Peep?

'Dave, how will I know that I've made it?' I tell 'em, 'When you can spell 'subpoena' without thinking about it, you made it'

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I'm a little disappointed in the new Crue. I don't know why just yet, as I haven't listened to the cd enough. It just doesn't grab me at all.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Jeff, my man, I'm not going to close your thread just cause I don't dig the Crue.

Downy don't play that.

WHLinks is all about peoples' opinions and views and how they contrast.

That's cool.

You, Limecuda, WesIsOnFire, and MikeL all enjoy Motely Crue.

Dude, I'm all by my lonesome, over here. LOL

Don't fret, dude. You'll get your chance to rip my bands. In the coming weeks I'm going to be starting threads about different bands to get some discussion brewing.

------------------
    "Sayonara, Suicide, Hari-Kari, Kamikaze, you won't see another evening, bye-bye..."

Official Bartender Of VHLinks

Last Online

07.07.15 @ 04:02 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

New crue kicks ass all over generation swine!

Hot For Teacher
    North and South, East and West...I\'m always extreme!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The new Crue disc is great, but the poorest song is the title track. I think it outright sucks.

------------------
    Girl: "How do you write women so well?"
    Melvin: "I think of a man. And I take away reason and accountability!"
    -Jack Nicholson, "As Good As It Gets"

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The new single is pretty cool 'Hell on High Heels' is the one your talkin about right? It's got a real catchy chorus. I think the best song on the new disc is definitely '1st Band on the Moon', it rocks! There are a couple throwaways on there though, but definitely their best release since Feelgood. I was a huge Tommy Lee fan, but since he left I think Randy Castillo has done a fine job! He used to drum for Ozzy, so he's been around.

I actually saw Crue last week, with opener Megadeth. It was pretty sad, most everybody didn't even show up until Crue was about to take the stage! Even then, it was far from being sold out. I had lawn seats at the amphitheater I went to (I won the tickets), and it started raining JUST as Crue took the stage, and pored the whole time! It was sweet. They only played like 2 songs off the new album! They announced 'we have a new album out, and this is from it', before each new song was played! It was like nobody knew they had a new cd out!

They played all the classics, and were great, but the best part were the dancing chicks they had onstage! One song they came out as nurses, another in leather, it was pretty cool. All in all a good show. Go see them if they're near you, no doubt tickets will be available

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I do like the new cd. A lot better than Generation Swine that's for sure. It is just basic rock and roll the way Crue know how to do it. "1st Band on the Moon" is my favorite song. New Tattoo is a good ballad too.

I saw them recently in Phoenix and they had the chick from Hole on drums cuz Randy was sick (stomach surgery or something). She did a really good job in my opinion. The show was pretty good. Vince only sings about 1/3 of the words though. Good show overall, but I have seen them too many times and the shows all seem the same after awhile.

Does anyone else in here like the Crue album with John Corabi? I know it basically ruined their career, but I really dug most of the stuff on that CD. I am a huge John Corabi fan!!! He's got a great rock and roll voice.

Favorite VH Album

The one with the :
    Favorite VH Song

high fast stuff.
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:44 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Nothing can beat Shout At The Devil though. It made quite an impression on me back at the age of twelve.

Hey rxman, I just saw John Corabi playing guitar for Ratt last Sunday night. I always liked "Smoke the Sky" off of Crue cd he sang on.

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i bought the new crue album,i was listening on the way from the record storeand by the third song i was thinking,"damn, i should have bought the new ac/dc" but between tracks 4 and the last track i had changed my mind,seems to me that in the ladder tracks the old crue sound is shining through,then i was glad i got it!!!buy the way, since then i bought stiff upper lip,now even though i think brian johnson is losing his ruggedness in his voice,but it seems like they put to much bass in the way his voice sounds so i turned the bass down and the treble up and it sounds just like ac/dc should... IT STILL KICKS ASS!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 11,591 Times in 4,941 Posts

Well the last Crue album I bought was "Decade Of Decadence." I may be alone on this, but I thought that one album with John Corabi on vocals had more balls than just about anything they ever recorded.

Never heard a thing off of "Generation Swine," I just heard it sucked anyway.

So I downloaded "New Tattoo" off of Napster, and at first I thought it was pretty terrible, way too much filler and bad lyrics. But I've been listening to it the last few days and my thoughts have changed. "Hell On High Heels" is a very cool tune though, the chorus is real catchy, I am digging it. Some of the other songs aren't bad, "Fake" sounds a bit like Old Crue, "She Needs Rock N Roll" is cool, so is "1st Band On The Moon." That one song, "Kicked In The Teeth By Love" is a 100% rip-off of "Looks That Kill." The riff is almost the same, the groove is identical, and the backing vocals are identical. Just put the "Looks That Kill" lyrics on there and it's the same song. God even the drum groove is the same.

Randy Castillo is a very good hard rock drummer, but he's not as bombastic as that moron Tommy Lee. Would have liked to have heard him on this record. Way too much filler though, but that's typical of the Crue, except for "Shout At The Devil" which is a brilliant record. "Dr. Feelgood" does have its moments of greatness, but "SATD" is a better album IMO.

------------------
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

From Brett:

"I may be alone on this, but I thought that one album with John Corabi on vocals had more balls than just about anything they ever recorded."

I agree with you 125%! (and that's a lot of percents)

I loved that album with Corabi. And I will go out on a limb here and say that was the best damn album Crue recorded EVER!!!

I still listen to that one occasionally...
    I love "Hammered" "Welcome To The Numb" (AWESOME TUNE)"Smoke The Sky" "Hooligan's Holiday"...etc...

A really great album and the heaviest one they ever put out. That one is so intense and Corabi sounds like he is putting his all in there...Mick Mars sounds fresher and heavier than ever, and Tommy has some of his best drumming EVER on that album!

But the fans just wouldn't have it I guess...