Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

DREAMS
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just heard it over at vh1.com and it is nothing but chick songs left and right. So much for the rumors that they pulled their shit together and made a worthy album to Pyromania. Pyromania was such a kick ass album now look at what these losers make. cheesy chick albums. VH PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ July 27, 2002, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: Bill.S.Preston Esquire ]
    BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER AND PARTY ON DUDES!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unfortunately, they cannot come back. Steve Clark has left the building. RIP Steve. Lep died with ya [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

PANAMA
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hate to say this, but without Mutt Lang, they are not going to be able to make another #1 record.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

This is a topic for the Music-Only forum, sending it there now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Last Online

05.31.12 @ 04:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Bill.S.Preston Esquire:
    Just heard it over at vh1.com and it is nothing but chick songs left and right. So much for the rumors that they pulled their shit together ...
    I actually have some inside info on that. My cousin met the entire band a few years back when they came through Vancouver. He asked that exact question, "Why do you guys release nothing but ballots?"

Phil Collen said they had no choice. The record company tells them exactly what is going to be released and what won't.

It was a little shocking to hear a rock star say that, but I assume it is the truth for most groups. If they want the record company's promotion, they have to do what the record company THINKS will sell.
    "The last singer was a singer, I am THE singer" - DLR

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

06.04.06 @ 10:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am greatly dissapointed with X.

Maybe I just expect too much after High'n'Dry, Pyromania, Hysteria, and Slang.

At least they made four fuckin outstanding albums, which is more than a lot of bands make.

And I agree, Steve Clark was awesome. He wasn't a very good lead player, wasn't fast, but had enough cool riffs in him to put EVH to shame. When he played live on the Hysteria tour, there has never been a cooler mofo to hit a stage anywhere.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Steve Clark was the KOOL guy in Def Leppard.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Wyld Stallyn:

And I agree, Steve Clark was awesome. He wasn't a very good lead player, wasn't fast, but had enough cool riffs in him to put EVH to shame. When he played live on the Hysteria tour, there has never been a cooler mofo to hit a stage anywhere.
    [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] You're on drugs. Think before you speak (or type).
    "Tardy? I don't feel tardy!"

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!" - DLR

Pride and Glory - the Packer Story!

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Wyld Stallyn:
    I am greatly dissapointed with X.

Maybe I just expect too much after High'n'Dry, Pyromania, Hysteria, and Slang.

At least they made four fuckin outstanding albums, which is more than a lot of bands make.

I thought the Wyld Stallyn's were trying to recruit Eddie Van Halen, not Steve Clark. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

ballance
    Favorite VH Song

dreams
    Last Online

01.26.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I really like it my fav songs are Cry and Scar [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They are gay. Get over it. They bend over so the record company can have its way with them. Either they get a new contract elsewhere and some good lawyers to break this one or they continue writing suck ass music.
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Def Leppard has been in a down ward spiral since the 90's arrived. I agree with Bill S, we need Van Halen back big time!!!!
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

You guys are making it sound like Def Leppard aren't doing what they want. They enjoy the music they make. They still write almost all of their songs...Two of the thirteen on this album they didn't. They are interested in performing quality music and I don't blame them for their path. They tried to be true to themselves with "Slang" and it got a bad reaction from fans. Basically, they are just trying their hardest to follow Aerosmith, who are also bashed by rock fans and I agree with some arguments. BUT, the bandmembers are happy with what they do and they aren't really selling out. If they sold out, they'd be following trends. Radio-friendly pop isn't a trend...It's just easy listening and better selling. It's always been around. Look at the guys. They are filthy rich. It isn't the money either. They sell out arenas still. I saw them in a large venue in Syracuse the last two years and they packed it to the hilt. Seriously, if you want to see a good show, see Def Leppard. They are all fantastic performers with excellent stage presence and perfection with their parts. I must say I enjoy "X." Hey, they aren't rapping, or playing shit metal. They're just playing good music, even if it isn't our preference (I love "High and Dry" and "Pyromania.") I say as long as the band is happy with what they're doing and playing music they truly want to play, they should do it.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Def Leppard X= [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have the whole X album burned from the internet, and I personally like it a lot! I still plan on buying it even though I have the whole thing already (in fairness to the band). This is by far their best CD since Hysteria. I loved Slang as well, but this is overall the best "Def Leppard" sounding CD since Hysteria. The rock songs that are on their are by FAR their best since Pyromania. And even the ballads are better than they have been in years. Put on "Cry" or "Scar" and you will hear that these tunes could've come right off of Pyromania. As far as ballads go, "Long Long Way To Go" is a GREAT tune, cheesy or not. Also, there are plenty of mid-tempo rockers (like "Everyday" and "You're So Beautiful") that are great! Give it a few listens and it will definitely grow on you. [img]smile.gif[/img]