Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

09.14.15 @ 07:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unfuckingreal!!! This is just one word that describes what Buffalo was treated to last night. It kicked off with an incredible performance by Halford. I've never seen an audience react so postively to an opening act, but then again, this particular opening act is a legend! He really got the crowd going, Electric Eye rocked and he let the audience sing the chorus to Breaking The Law, he didn't sing it once! As far as I'm concerned, he got himself an album sale with that performance. Queensryche was up next, Geoff Tate is a great performer. I only have Empire so I'm a casual fan to say the least. I didn't recognize most of the songs regretably, but it was still a good show.
    Next, the mighty Maiden!!!! It took the crew about twenty minutes to get going. Then the lights began to dance around the stage and chanting filled the air. Then Bruce zooms across the stage, the audience goes nuts and suddenly Nicko appears at the drum riser!!! They blasted into the Wicker Man and the crowd was their's. Bruce was a madman, but the real surprise was Janick! He played the solo to Two Minutes To Midnight behind his head, he dueled with Eddie, his guitar swings around the body made Steve Vai's look pathetic! Other highlights include Bruce kicking out an audience member for shining a laser light in his eyes. He then said the needle sized light this guy was showing was a lot like his needle sized brain and dick! He went on a rampage about MTV and TV and radio, saying fuck them if they don't respect what Maiden's doing and I agree. Bruce appeared on a cross for Sign Of The Cross and then for Iron Maiden he and a bunch of girls were inside a giant Wicker Man. All in all, AMAZING!!! The crowd was really into it and it was packed!!! The best show I've ever seen topping VH w/Gary (killer show), Kiss (good), Ozzfest '99 with Black Sabbath (awesome) if that gives you any idea as to how great this show truly was. The only show I can picture topping this is VH w/Dave IF they ever decide to come out of their coma, let me warn you guys, you got a tough act to follow!! UP THE IRONS!

------------------
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule!

Proud member of the Dirty Faced Kids!

Up The Irons!

[This message has been edited by Vic Vega_0609 (edited August 17, 2000 at 02:06 PM).]

Ed6150
    Iron Maiden ROCKS!! . That sounds like a kick ass concert , Rob Halford is badass also bro

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Vic Vega,

You are a MUCH better concert reviewer than me. The review I should have written, should have been, WORD FOR WORD, identical to yours (except for the laser pointer part). I don't think I even mentioned the girls in the cage and Bruce rising on the cross.

Up The Irons!

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!

"I may not be the best lookin' baby,
    But I'm the right tool for the job." - DLR 1998

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.24.17 @ 06:35 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I saw them last Saturday in Camden and they blew me away.. Ive seen about 100 shows and this certainly enters the top5. Funny thing though...me and Mark Van Halen were in attendance and we went to pis in between Halford and ..Ryche. The bathroom was packed and guys were shouting their favorite bands names. MAIDEN ...QUEENSRYCHE... JUDAS PRIEST...all the guys went APESHIT!!!. Even Britney Spears got a few cheers but when I shpouted VAN HALEN, I couldnt believe the BOOS I heard....I was almost afraid to leave the stall for fear of someone heard ME yell it. Are they that unpopular or was it just the crowd????

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t Talkin\' \'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ditto mikeKramers post, in addition, halford rocked, janick can move his fingers incredibally fast,i had my first brew in the parking lot, the bathroom scene was a riot. it was funny when the one guy yelled " takin a piss" and everyone went nuts, also the response to britney spears " i'd fuck her, wooooo". iron maiden--kicked so much ass, bruce was all over the place, janick threw his guitar in the air like 5 times in a row and caught it. eddie walked out on stage, and to to p it all off, i couldn't hear for 2 days.......if you haven't seen them yet, GO!

[This message has been edited by Mark Van Halen (edited August 17, 2000 at 07:01 PM).]

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I love Queensryche!!! I bet they were awesome!!!
    I was going to go to that same show, but no one wanted to go with me when they found out Iron Maiden was playing with them, so I didn't go.

Right Now you're reading my post!
    Here's a shot heard round the world...
    Sometimes I just want to do nothing...

[This message has been edited by YankeeRose (edited August 17, 2000 at 10:06 PM).]