Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

(The Edit was taking the "Van Halen" out of the title, originally I was gonna put this in main but decided to put it here, so I just want to change the subject slightly, take the light off of Van Halen and put in on back masking in general)

Before you call me crazy, I have been trying to convince people at another message board that the messages Stairway to Heaven are not real and that stuff like that could be found in any song. And if you have a predisposition to hear it, your mind fills in the gaps to hear it. It is just coincidence.

Anyway, off to the Van Halen related material. So I set out to prove a point. I used sound recorder and Van Halen. Now while most stuff sounds like a German/Arabic/Japanese mix I did manage to get a few words out of Ain't Talkin' bout love. (The second song I tried)

I asked but I got no sign (Or “I threw my pants in there air but did not sign on”)- That is somewhere in the bridge I'm having trouble finding it I think it is close to the beginning
    No ass good looks I am- right after the part above
    I'll fuck (or boink) you I’ll fuck you I’ll fuck you-"Just like I told you before, Yeah before, before, before, before"
    I love you most Dear! -"Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love”

The easiest one to hear is the last one. I think because it repeats so much. BTW listening to the songs and fills, and solos backwards is weird, but the opening part of Ain’t talkin’ ‘bout love is so cool to hear in reverse.

Now, in no way do I think these are intentional or would I have heard them without trying, but If you get as bored as I obviously did, you now have something to do. I personally think some of the stuff I hear is hilarious cause it jumps out at you from nowhere. I know this may seem like a waste of space to some people, but it is lighthearted and not the same old debate.

[ August 04, 2002, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: NxtVanHalen. ]

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some one should take the computer away from me when I'm in the state of mind I was in yesterday. [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Just to try to salvage this topic, lets change the subject. What songs have supposed backmasking?

Last Online

11.06.14 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If we're referring to ANY band, then...
    Iron Maiden - Still Life
    "Don't meddle with things you don't understand"...
    I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:36 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Years ago, when I had an old Panasonic turntable, I put on that Stairway to Heaven and manually turned it backwards. Sure enough that stuff was there. Of course you sort of had to know what to listen for. I just give credit to Zeppelin for having anything audible come out of that backward tracking. And no, it didn't lead to me becoming a worshipper of Satan or anything. Unless David Lee Roth is the anti-christ.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I tried the backwards Stairway message years ago too and it is there. It's around the line "there's still time to change the road you're on" and backwards it sounds like "my sweet satan." Do I think they purposely recored it that way? Of course not. But, it is there. Oooooooooooooooh, creepy!
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:17 AM
    Liked 1,472 Times in 899 Posts

Now I know who stole my 'special' brownies! Try using Beatles albums.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've heard the messages too, I just think it is a pure coincidence. And without have a predisposition to hear it, you might not have ever have heard it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.24.17 @ 06:35 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

the best and most scary one that i have tried is by ELO on the Face the Music album. In the beginning, the music is eerie as hell. Sounds like the score of some slasher flick. Then you begin to hear someon speak in reverse. When you spin the record backwards, you hear the message plain as day " The music is reversible but time is not. TURN BACK TURN BACK TURN BACK." I first heard that back when I was 14 and didnt think I slpt for a week. I am now 32 and it still sends chills down my spine. Try it.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    I've always found things like this interesting. There are books on this very subject I read in college. Most of the stuff we heard in this class was just famous speeches played backwards etc. We didn't really listen to very many songs. It was extremely cool to listen to what people say in reverse speech. Of coarse that was what parts we could make out AFTER the prof told us what we were listening for. LOL. Go figure. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

theres on in empty spaces by pink floyd. you can use the cd.

if thats what this topic is talking about right?
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>