Register
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

I just heard on the radio that Damn Yankees is going to release a Best Of album.....Now, I really like this collaboration of great musicians as a band, I have to say that I have seen them twice in concert and they blew away the headlining band....BUT..they only have 2 albums and NOW they are releasing a best of?
    Can anyone here justify why? Or is it some sort of contractual agreement? I hope they tour...I'll definetly be at the concert to see Ted and the gang rip some great tunes again. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by BREW CREW:
    I just heard on the radio that Damn Yankees is going to release a Best Of album.....Now, I really like this collaboration of great musicians as a band, I have to say that I have seen them twice in concert and they blew away the headlining band....BUT..they only have 2 albums and NOW they are releasing a best of?
    Can anyone here justify why? Or is it some sort of contractual agreement? I hope they tour...I'll definetly be at the concert to see Ted and the gang rip some great tunes again. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I met a cool chick at a Damn Yankees concert...

:totallyirrelevant:
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

I LOVE the Damn Yankees! I have their live video too, that i've watched hundreds of times!

If you can find it, check out Shaw/Blades-Hallucination, that album is great too.

I also read that the Damn Yankees are releasing a Best Of at Melodicrock. I thought about it, and the only reason I can think of releasing a Best Of is because their two albums are hard to find, I have heard that the second album is out of print. [img]redface.gif[/img]

I hope that they release some bonus tracks, I know that they recorded an entire album two years ago, but they weren't happy with it so it wasn't released. Or they should at least release the wicked song that they recorded with Vince Neil, You're Invited But Your Friend Can't Come. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ February 14, 2002 at 11:24 PM: Message edited by: YankeeRose ]</p>
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Here is what Melodicrock posted today about the Damn Yankees working on a brand new album....

As for Jack Blades, he is keeping busy as always, producing, recording and writing.
    Last week guitarist Michael Lardie (Great White) was at his house, with the duo recording tracks for use on a Japanese PC game.
    Next week Ted Nugent is scheduled to fly in, as the pair continue to work on tracks together, in hope of eventually getting another Damn Yankees album recorded and released. Jack and Ted hope to record an album this year, but Jack confirmed that Tommy Shaw would not be involved, due to his own commitments - touring and recording with Styx.

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:29 PM
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

Originally posted by YankeeRose:
    Here is what Melodicrock posted today about the Damn Yankees working on a brand new album....

As for Jack Blades, he is keeping busy as always, producing, recording and writing.
    Last week guitarist Michael Lardie (Great White) was at his house, with the duo recording tracks for use on a Japanese PC game.
    Next week Ted Nugent is scheduled to fly in, as the pair continue to work on tracks together, in hope of eventually getting another Damn Yankees album recorded and released. Jack and Ted hope to record an album this year, but Jack confirmed that Tommy Shaw would not be involved, due to his own commitments - touring and recording with Styx.
    Why not get Sammy? He's much better than that mo Tommy Shaw anyway.
    M*U*L*E

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Rod Dangle:
    You forget...... Sammy's supposedly involved with the "Guns N Cheeses" project with Slash, Neal Schon, and the fake Journey drummer. And Mikey, if Eddie gives him permisssion. Of course all of these guys are busy with other albums (except Mikey) and nobody has actually confirmed the groups existence, but it's a better rumor than a Rump Ranger recording another album of cheese ballads with a right wing shithead (Damn Yankees)
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They're probably releasing the best of to cash in on this '80's kick going on right now. A lot of bands of their ilk are doin it. It's a smart move.
    Do you believe? Don't you trust me?<br /><br />"I'm just trying to get in to heaven, I'm not running for Jesus." - Homer Simpson

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:29 PM
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Rod Dangle:
    You forget...... Sammy's supposedly involved with the "Guns N Cheeses" project with Slash, Neal Schon, and the fake Journey drummer. And Mikey, if Eddie gives him permisssion. Of course all of these guys are busy with other albums (except Mikey) and nobody has actually confirmed the groups existence, but it's a better rumor than a Rump Ranger recording another album of cheese ballads with a right wing shithead (Damn Yankees)</font>[/QUOTE]No I didn't forget, I'm trying to but I can't. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

This was just some rumor I had heard while back. I actually don't care for The Damn Yankees, it's chick rock. That's why it wouldn't surprise me if Hagar joined the band, that's his kind of gig. Plus Sammy is buds with Uncle Ted & he's a lot fuckin' better singer than that "mo" Shaw. I could see this happening more than that supposed supergroup, which I doubt will ever happen, actually I'm hoping it never happens.

[ February 15, 2002 at 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Rod Dangle ]</p>
    M*U*L*E

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did anyone see Forever Wild on VH1 when Bach went to Nugent's house? That guy is a fucking lunatic!
    Do you believe? Don't you trust me?<br /><br />"I'm just trying to get in to heaven, I'm not running for Jesus." - Homer Simpson

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by FORD:
    You forget...... Sammy's supposedly involved with the "Guns N Cheeses" project with Slash, Neal Schon, and the fake Journey drummer. And Mikey, if Eddie gives him permisssion. Of course all of these guys are busy with other albums (except Mikey) and nobody has actually confirmed the groups existence, but it's a better rumor than a Rump Ranger recording another album of cheese ballads with a right wing shithead (Damn Yankees)
    Yikes, FORD...

Whazzat with you and the "fake" bands all the time?!?!

So you mean every fuckin' band out there that doesn't play in their VERY original line-up is automatically "fake"?!?!

Yeah... right... then the oh so loved Deep Purple would have to consist of Ritchie Blackmore, Rod Evans, Jon Lord, Ian Paice and Nick Simper.

And Iron Maiden would have to be Paul Di'Anno, Steve Harris, Dave Murray, Tony Parsons and Doug Sampson. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Ridiculous to me.....

Line-up changes just tend to happen now and then... just like sports stars sign with new teams or you might go working for another company in a year or two.

My two Euro cents about it!
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by YankeeRose:
    If you can find it, check out Shaw/Blades-Hallucination, that album is great too.
    I think Yankee, me and maybe 20 other people bought this album.

It is a very good album though. I don't think it was marketed at all, which was a bummer.
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Originally posted by rxman:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YankeeRose:
    I think Yankee, me and maybe 20 other people bought this album.

It is a very good album though. I don't think it was marketed at all, which was a bummer.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah it's awesome! I found it used for five bucks! [img]smile.gif[/img] I knew it was a rare find, it's out of print. I think the fact that the grunge bands were really popular when it came out also really hurt it's sales.

-- John Entwistle

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Atomic Punk DLR:
    Yikes, FORD...

Whazzat with you and the "fake" bands all the time?!?!

So you mean every fuckin' band out there that doesn't play in their VERY original line-up is automatically "fake"?!?!

Yeah... right... then the oh so loved Deep Purple would have to consist of Ritchie Blackmore, Rod Evans, Jon Lord, Ian Paice and Nick Simper.

And Iron Maiden would have to be Paul Di'Anno, Steve Harris, Dave Murray, Tony Parsons and Doug Sampson. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

As a matter of fact, I have said several times that Deep Purple and Iron Maiden are the ONLY two times in history when a band actually improved with their second singer. And there's a small DiAnno loyalist contingent that would challenge that, but I have yet to meet anyone who actually says Deep Purple's cover of "Kentucky Woman" was a better performance than anything on Machine Head. Pity that they are such a fucking joke now though. At least Maiden (like Sabbath) finally caught a clue.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

DY actually recorded a new record 2 years ago with Damon stepping in for Shaw, but the product was so terrible they shelved it.
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.