Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

NEWS - Aerosmith Contemplating OzzFest-Style Tour For 2003
    12/11/2002

(12/11/02, 10 a.m. ET) -- Aerosmith has just a few dates left on its current tour, which kicked off in the summer of 2001. The Boston group will be recording a new album in 2003--possibly a collection of blues covers--but it also plans to be out on the road again next summer.

Guitarist Brad Whitford tells LAUNCH that it won't just be another round of touring, as the band has some pretty big plans. "We're looking at going out again next summer, but we kinda want to do something a little different, and maybe put on our own event. We're looking at doing something more like an OzzFest-type thing, and making much more of an event out of it, rather than just what we've been doing the past couple of years. That's something we're trying to put together, and we'll see what happens with that."

Whitford says it's too early to identify any bands that might be on an Aerosmith festival bill.

The group next plays Friday (December 13) at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.

-- Gary Graff, Detroit

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH3... it varies.
    Favorite VH Song

too many to count... I\'m diggin\' Can\'t Get This Stuff No More right now.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

25 years ago, this'd be something to drool over, and while I still think Aerosmith are solid live act, the possibilities of the teeny-bopper losers they might take on tour with them is frightening.
    "The common thing on governments as an institution is: they're all bad worldwide. It might be the only thing that binds all nations together: the incompetence of their governments. Look at the people who have been president in the US so far... could I DO ANY WORSE?"<br /> <br />~ Frank Zappa

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many To List
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm not a big fan of contemporary Aerosmith, but the idea of an Aerofest could be really cool if the band & the organizers could see the value in putting some old-school rockers next to the new-school bands on the bill.

On its face, it would appear to be a winning idea on two fronts. First, it could expose the younger kids to some good bands from the past (picture all the fans aged 30 and up rockin' out to an old-school band and confounding the youngsters, who end up wondering who this cool band is...). Second, and more important, mixing in only a couple of old-school bands amongst a number of contemporary bands would avoid the "dinosaur tour '03" label that critics would be sure to hoist upon an all old band line-up.

Putting this logic into practice, I've never attended an Ozzfest, but I would be far more inclined to do so in the future if Ozzy brings along one or two other interesting names from the past, along with all the other younger bands I've never cared about. Can you imagine how much more of a buzz there would be surrounding a future Ozzfest if he brought along, say, Dio? Even if it only translated to an extra 1000 tix per show, that's a helluva lot of extra revenue if the expense remains the same...

Which leaves the biggest question unanswered regarding Aerofest: what old-school bands out there that are still kicking would be a good FIT with Aerosmith and the new bands?

I'll give you one name that could turn Aerofest into a stadium event: AC/DC. Problem is, AC/DC is a better headliner than Aerosmith.

Any other names worth considering?
    <a href="http://www.the-real-deal.com/index.htm" target="_blank">The Real Deal</a> does old VH better than any other band in the SF Bay Area. Hearing is believing...

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many To List
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm not a big fan of contemporary Aerosmith, but the idea of an Aerofest could be really cool if the band & the organizers could see the value in putting some old-school rockers next to the new-school bands on the bill.

On its face, it would appear to be a winning idea on two fronts. First, it could expose the younger kids to some good bands from the past (picture all the fans aged 30 and up rockin' out to an old-school band and confounding the youngsters, who end up wondering who this cool band is...). Second, and more important, mixing in only a couple of old-school bands amongst a number of contemporary bands would avoid the "dinosaur tour '03" label that critics would be sure to hoist upon an all old band line-up.

Putting this logic into practice, I've never attended an Ozzfest, but I would be far more inclined to do so in the future if Ozzy brings along one or two other interesting names from the past, along with all the other younger bands I've never cared about. Can you imagine how much more of a buzz there would be surrounding a future Ozzfest if he brought along, say, Dio? Even if it only translated to an extra 1000 tix per show, that's a helluva lot of extra revenue if the expense remains the same...

Which leaves the biggest question unanswered regarding Aerofest: what old-school bands out there that are still kicking would be a good FIT with Aerosmith and the new bands?

I'll give you one name that could turn Aerofest into a stadium event: AC/DC. Problem is, AC/DC is a better headliner than Aerosmith.

Any other names worth considering?

The Real Deal
    <a href="http://www.the-real-deal.com/index.htm" target="_blank">The Real Deal</a> does old VH better than any other band in the SF Bay Area. Hearing is believing...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

What was that? Shitfest? No thank you.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

this would be my line up for an aerofest.
    Lynch Mob
    Ted Nugent
    Scorpions
    David Lee Roth with Zakk Wylde

Tell me ya wouldn't stand in line for a ticket to that! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH3... it varies.
    Favorite VH Song

too many to count... I\'m diggin\' Can\'t Get This Stuff No More right now.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Deep Purple would be a sweet addition as well. They're working on a new album now as well, so maybe they'd get to do some new stuff. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "The common thing on governments as an institution is: they're all bad worldwide. It might be the only thing that binds all nations together: the incompetence of their governments. Look at the people who have been president in the US so far... could I DO ANY WORSE?"<br /> <br />~ Frank Zappa

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can\'t This Be Love
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That would be a perfect place for Tribe of Judah to get some exposure!
    Anyone agree?

Right now, rock n' roll needs a swift kick in the...<br /><br />"Gimme a bottle o' anything... and a glazed donut... to go!"

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

AEROSMITH: Summer Tour With KISS Unlikely - Dec. 12, 2002

AEROSMITH guitarist Brad Whitford has confirmed that talks have taken place of a possible pairing with KISS for a summer tour, but doesn't think that it's likely to happen: "The truth to the rumor is that KISS would like us to do the show with them," he said. "AEROSMITH's just not that keen on doing the package. I think it's much higher on their wish list than it is ours. I think it might be a good package, and I wouldn't be surprised if maybe a coupla shows did happen — maybe a couple of shows somewhere did happen with KISS and AEROSMITH — but as far as I know, we're not planning on doing that. It doesn't do anything for us. We just don't think it's the right way to go, for us."

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Aeroshit, the embarrassments of Boston.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:07 AM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 908 Posts

If done right, it sounds like something I'd like to go and see. If it's all rock and roll bands, then ok. Hopefully, they won't have a mixture of music (ie. rock band, a boy band, and a rap artist). Time will tell.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

And Dead-Halen isn't the embarrassment of LA? At least they are touring, writing, and still active and not putting together half-assed videos on a website, suing other band members, talking about aliens, and etc.

Say what you want about Aerosmith, but at least they are still working... Plus the next album, could be very interesting seeing it is going to be a blue-based album.

As for some bands to tour with them, TOJ would be a natural choice, along with Godsmack, Bostones, and a few other Boston based-bands.