Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I bought VHIII at the Warehouse Outlet last night for $4.99!!!
    I've been listening to it all morning and I don't care what anybody thinks...I LOVE IT!
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Glad you're enjoying it! For me that album as a whole is a strange mixture. One one side, it has some of the best guitar work and most diverse music in the entire catalog. Truly an experimental album. On the other side it features really awful lyrics (for the most part) and a lead vocalist buried far too deep in the mix, (for the most part) rendering his lyrics virtually unlistenable (which actually might be a good thing, given that many of the lyrics are so bad AND it features a serious lack of any decent hooks...(with the exception of a couple tunes...)

Anyone who doubts that the lyrics are bad on this album, need look no further than "One I Want" (working title of Candyman) There are some downright SILLY lyrics in that song..

"White man, trying to get a tan" "Superman, looking for Lois" "Pizzaman just want a slice".....I could go on, but I do not wish to revisit that tune...

Having said all this I will say that the one song on the album I admire (and really like a lot) is "From Afar"

Now on THAT song, Gary manages to put out some awesome lyrics and the whole mood of the piece is downright creepy! The one standout track on VH III IMHO....

~BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street / Love Walks In
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love Josephina...Considering it was written by a male, they did a good job getting into the female physce...
    <a href="http://www.vhwalkathon.org" target="_blank">VHWalkathon - Project 316</a><br /><br />EVH: The music is first and foremost. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Because without the music, what is there? Nothing. There's nothing without the music. You can't even cop an attitude without the music (laughs).

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I like VH3. One I Want is my favorite song on it. Fire In The Hole, Year To The Day, and Without You are pretty good also. It doesn't come anywhere near anything VH did with Dave or Sammy, but it's OK.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I've always thought 3 was a pretty decent effort from the band. One I Want is a very cool track and I think the lyrics are clever rather than dumb. Nice to see a few people who enjoyed the album.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

All of them pretty much
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i want to buy it. but i havent seen it anywhere, i dont know where to look really, next time we go to Meijer i'll check, they have a huge selection.
    This is home, this is Mean Street!<br /><br /><b><br />Then one year you find ten years have gotten behind, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun. - Pink Floyd, Time</b><br /><br />"Everyone knows that Van Halen with Roth is the only real Van Halen."- Mike Tramp<br /><br /><a href="http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001366&p=66#00 1635" target="_blank"> OBEY THE DFK!!</a>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't totally hate VH III. And truth be told, the SOUND of "One I Want" is GREAT! I just think some of the lyrics "The Candyman can" are pretty weak, that's all.....

I may have sounded a little hard on Gary, but understand that when he DOES score well, with lyrics: ie: "From Afar" I give him props!!! the lyrics in that song are AWESOME!!!!

From Afar is my favorite track on VH III (even though it is not a hard rocker)
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.13.13 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FS...
    FYI...Threads about VH songs, music, etc...belong in the forum called "VH Songs/Albums/Videos"..
    This will get a one way ticket over there as soon as T5 sees it.
    Some people get offended when their threads get moved...but they shouldn't. [img]smile.gif[/img]