Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

KISS To Issue "The Very Best Of..." In August - July 23, 2002

KISS will be issuing a "greatest hits"-style compilation CD, entitled The Very Best Of KISS, via Mercury/UTV Records on August 27th. The album, which "collects the original versions of all of their biggest hits on one 21-track album," will contain the following track listing:

01. Strutter (original version from Kiss, 1974)
    02. Deuce (from Kiss, 1974)
    03. Got To Choose (from Hotter Than Hell, 1974)
    04. Hotter Than Hell (from Hotter Than Hell, 1974)
    05. C'mon And Love Me (from Dressed To Kill, 1974)
    06. Rock And Roll All Nite (live) (from Alive!, 1975)
    07. Detroit Rock City (from Destroyer 1976)
    08. Shout It Out Loud (from Destroyer 1976)
    09. Beth (from Destroyer 1976)
    10. I Want You (from Rock And Roll Over, 1976)
    11. Calling Dr. Love (from Rock And Roll Over, 1976)
    12. Hard Luck Woman (from Rock And Roll Over, 1976)
    13. I Stole Your Love (from Love Gun, 1977)
    14. Christine Sixteen (from Love Gun, 1977)
    15. Love Gun (from Love Gun, 1977)
    16. New York Groove (from Ace Frehley, 1978)
    17. I Was Made For Loving You (from Dynasty, 1979)
    18. I Love It Loud (from Creatures Of The Night, 1982)
    19. Lick It Up (from Lick It Up, 1983)
    20. Forever (from Hot In The Shade, 1989)
    21. God Gave Rock 'N' Roll To You II (from Revenge, 1992)

In other news, KISS frontman Paul Stanley will host the International Masquerade Ball for children's charities at Caesars Palace on the Las Vegas Strip. More details will be announced soon.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

These guys have more "Greatest Hits" collections than some bands have actual albums!!!

I like a lot of Kiss music, but I think their moral ethic is more than questionable at times...
    It's all about milking their product and frankly it is far beyond old now.

BC
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well let's see now, here is a list of all the GH collections Kiss has released, stateside:

The Originals (the 1st 3 albums) - 1976
    The Originals II (the 2nd three albums) - 1978
    Double Platinum - 1978
    Smashes, Thrashes & Hits - 1988
    You Wanted The Best You Got The Best - 1996
    Greatest Kiss - 1997
    Box Set (with good unreleased tracks)- 2001

There are other compliations that were released overseas, like Killers or Chikara.

In Kiss' defense, the glut of GH albums really didn't start until their renaissance in the late '90s. And some of these compilations have "record company opportunism" written all over them. I think while it's fair to bash Kiss (well, Gene really) for milking their fans with cheesy merchandise, I think the record company is more to blame for all these GH albums. Despite what Gene Simmons wants you to believe, Kiss is like most bands - total puppets of their record company masters.
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

KISS' PAUL STANLEY Comes Clean On "Farewell" Tour, THE RAMONES Tribute Contribution - July 24, 2002

KISS frontman Paul Stanley has admitted that he and bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons have changed their minds about "going out on top" with the group's never-ending Farewell tour, but has denied that money is the sole motivating factor behind the decision to keep touring.

"People do change their minds and in this case that goes along with being a living, thinking person," Stanley stated in a question-and-answer session posted on KISS' official web site. "What one says one day with total commitment may at another time turn out not to be so. Am I doing this for the money or the fans? BOTH, and let's not forget I'm doing this for me. That is the reason I originally started playing: because I wanted to, and only I can decide ultimately when to stop. As you know (assuming that you have a job) it is great to have both the appreciation of those around you and to be compensated financially."

Stanley also shed some more light on KISS' contribution to the upcoming THE RAMONES tribute album, We're a Happy Family, which includes the group's rendition of the classic "Do You Remember Rock & Roll Radio?"

"I frequently run into Johnny Ramone and about a month ago he told me about the THE RAMONES tribute album and asked if we would participate. I can remember our club days and seeing Joey Ramone standing a head above everyone else! Having come after us, we certainly can't say we were influenced by them, but they were from New York and this seemed like a fun project. Gene, [drummer] Eric [Singer] and I recorded a track called ['Do You Remember Rock & Roll Radio?'] We used a big saxophone section done by Scott Paige who tours with PINK FLOYD and Derek Sherinian on piano, you may remember him from playing keys on the Revenge tour. Gene and I trade off vocals, and I have to say this is as cool and kick ass as it gets! It's a really cool track and I think you'll love it!"

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Diver Down NJ:
    Well let's see now, here is a list of all the GH collections Kiss has released, stateside:

The Originals (the 1st 3 albums) - 1976
    The Originals II (the 2nd three albums) - 1978
    Double Platinum - 1978
    Smashes, Thrashes & Hits - 1988
    You Wanted The Best You Got The Best - 1996
    Greatest Kiss - 1997
    Box Set (with good unreleased tracks)- 2001

There are other compliations that were released overseas, like Killers or Chikara.
    Yeah, "Chikara" is hard to find now, but I was able to sevure my own copy when I went to Singapore a few years ago.

There are 4 different versions of "Greatest KISS"; U.S., U.K., Japan, and Australia. The Australian version was released in a limited edition silver cardboard slipcase with the signatures embossed on the front cover, and "KISS" cut out of the front cover with photos of each member under each letter.

Australia also issued another one called "KISS: The Legend Continues". It's a 15 track disc and is a numbered limited edition. I have #1765. This one contains songs like "Comin' Home", "Domino", "2,000 Man", "and "A World Without Heroes".

And, I believe there are 2 different versions of "Killers", one of which has different shaped letter "S"'s.

There's also a "Best Of" compilation available overseas that contains the best cuts from their solo albums.

I just wish they'd stop including "God Gave..." on the GH albums. That song flat out sucks, end of story.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Why not a KISS Alive IV?

They've been sitting on that for two years.

Lazy....
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

And yet, there are still KISS fans who will still go out and buy it. These guys don't know when to quit!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm still saving up for that boxed set.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Axxman300:
    I'm still saving up for that boxed set.
    You're better off securing any bootleg CD that has the Wicked Lester demos. That's most of the unreleased tracks off the box set.

Not that I advocate such a thing....
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z