Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.24.17 @ 06:35 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Tonight I was at the mall and I knew this guy looked familiar. Yep it was Rikki ROckett from POISON. He was with his parents buying his dad a watch or something. I went up to him and asked for his autograph and he was very friendly. Told him I was a fan and he thought it was cool. I told him I saw POISON back when they opened for DLR on the Skyscraper tour. That was my chance.... hey whats going on with VH and DLR anyway...but I chickend out. I didn't wanna ask him about another group beside his own. All in all he was a cool guy. Never met a famous rockstar before.

crossing_over
    congatulations!!!!

my first (close)encounters was in 1999 with the lead singer of Pantera in a Mexico city bar (the date:04/29/99) but was patetic the guy just give me an autograph!!!

this guy sucks!!!!pantera sucks!!!

------------------
    I reach across to the other side to make contact with you.You fill my dreams.I wanna tell you,tell me why you´re crossing over...

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I've found that the majority of these guys are indeed pretty cool guys, as long as you are respectful of their personal space. I've also kinda noticed that a lot of these 80's bands are the most down-to-earth. Not to sound mean spirited with this, but besides them being genuinely nice guys, maybe it's because they NEED to be nice since their music isn't as popular as it used to be.

There are STILL a few, though, who think they still belong in limos and they don't have time for the people who actually paid the $5 to see them in a smoke-filled bar! That's probably why only 50 people showed up for a bar show with a capacity of 500.

------------------
    "Who's feelin...SEX-AAYY?"
    -David Lee Roth, Shinjuku 1978

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.13.13 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I work at a hotel within 3 miles of two venues. One is a stadium (seats 60,000) and the other is smaller (seats 20,00). We get some of the bands staying with us. If you stay cool, they stay cool. Its kind of like when you see a bee. Your instinct is to start screaming and freaking out, but if you stay still and don't talk too loud, the bee will land on you and kind of feel safe hanging out. I know, I put the "anal" in "analogy".

------------------
    I don't feel tardy.

No Bozo's
    Yah, I have!

The bass player from Soundgarden(Ben Shepard) has his own bar on 1st St. in Seattle where he has local bands come in and play. Then I've seen him on ferries that cross the puget sound to bainbridge Island. He's very laid back Pretty cool dude!

------------------
    Broken down 'n' dirty dressed in rags

I'm searchin moonlight and looking for a moonbeam, yeah you spent a lie and got lost in the jet stream ...

"Yah looking back all the years of video tape I suddenly realize now,
    that I look like a fish!" Alex Boceebus Vo Halen

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Jeff Keith is VERY COOL in t5's nutty opinion.

"Keep Rockin" Out.

Ed6150
    Louise Post from veruca salt , she wanted me , she used to date Dave Grohl but the stupid guy dumped her . My wife was with me when I met Louise , she's cool as hell .

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

"Dance the Night Away"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

The first Rock Star I met was Cher. Ironically, my friend Jimmy and I crashed the premiere party for Moonstruck at Elaine's in New York around the end of the 1980's. ( I believe) They thought my friend Jimmy was her son Elijah, so they let us both in. The funny thing is, Cher came up to both of us because she thought it was Elijah too from a distance. She then realized we were two 18 year olds who crashed the party but never said anything. She laughed about it and was really cool to us. We met all of Bon Jovi at the same party as well. Richie Sambora asked us what bands we liked and we both said Van Halen. They said they liked them a lot too. They were all really cool to us! I can't rip on Bon Jovi since meeting them. ( Unless they are compared to VH.) In closing, on the way out, a man tugs on Jimmy's arm and gives him a big hug. I recognize the guy but can't put a name with the face. It was Rick Derringer. ( Jimmy's Dad is a famous New York DJ and Rick was one of his close friends. He gave Jimmy his first guitar lesson.) True story, folks.

Last Online

08.10.15 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member
    Met some, but the funniest/goofiest was giving Tom Peterson (Cheap Trick) a ride to his girlfriend's house after his Jeep Wrangler broke down at a gas station.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

I worked in a major hotel in Philadelphia. We had quite a few ball clubs come through, got to meet guys like Gwynn, Garvey, Bonilla, Bonds, LaSorda. But this thread is about music. Stevie Wonder stayed with us once, saw him getting led out to hear a play. Huey Lewis and the News was supposed to be coming one night, don't know if they ever made it. Philadelphia in 1987 decided to start a music hall of fame and they held the ceremonies at our hotel. I don't know why I was at the door at the time as I was a desk clerk, but I met Chubby Checker coming in, got to shake his hand and see him do a little twist I think (I remember the twist thing, just not whether I shook his hand). I was there when my coworkers checked in Dizzy Gillespie and Leon Redbone. Saw Darryl Hall and John Oates walk across the lobby. A few years earlier, while doing intern work at WRKS in New York City, I met this rap group, Force MCs when they came in for an interview.

------------------
    "model citizen, zero discipline..."

Eat Us And Smile, y'all

For more great Van Halen discussion, visit www.DLRArmy.com

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That was a cool story Georgie!! I think Ritche is a cool dude.Ive always liked his guitar playing!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

My first brush with a "rock star" was way back when I was a bag boy at this grocery store and Craig Chaquico was buying a couple 16oz cans of Budweiser. I recognized him and told him to "kickass tonight." He and the rest of Starship were playing that night at the Memorial Auditorium in Burlington, VT.

He walked out of the store after saying thanks.

Moments later he returned, walked up to me and asked if I was going to the show, I was only 15 and didn't have any way, so I said no. That's when he extend his hand towards me and dropped a handfful of guitar pics into my hand and told me to look him up next time they were going to be in town.

Now some 25 years later I think it's kinda weird what he did, did he like 15 year old boys?
    Last edited by Cabot; 01.09.05 at 02:33 PM.
    CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion”
    —Michael Anthony.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I've met Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley, Ozzy, Alice, Bob Geldof, and Stevie Wonder.

...and William Shatner may not be a rock star but he's done those wacky-ass spoken word records so I'll include his as a sort of honorable mention.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by mikeKramer
    Tonight I was at the mall and I knew this guy looked familiar. Yep it was Rikki ROckett from POISON. He was with his parents buying his dad a watch or something. I went up to him and asked for his autograph and he was very friendly. Told him I was a fan and he thought it was cool. I told him I saw POISON back when they opened for DLR on the Skyscraper tour. That was my chance.... hey whats going on with VH and DLR anyway...but I chickend out. I didn't wanna ask him about another group beside his own. All in all he was a cool guy. Never met a famous rockstar before.
    Hey Mike ....Rikki is a friend of mine, very cool guy. Did you see him in Pennsylvania or out in Cali.?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.24.17 @ 06:35 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

hey EMM..funny how i posted this thread over 4 yrs ago. I guess with the hacking of the vhlinks site, some older posts are coming to the forefront. Anyway, I ran into him at the King of Prussia mall in PA.
    Well ain't life grand when you finally hit it, I'm always a sucker for a real good time, woke up in life to find i almost missed it,aint I glad that love is blind