Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Anyone here read "The Dirt" by Motley Crue? Great, GREAT book. I read it in 2 days, which I think is the same amount of time it took me to read Crazy From The Heat. Definitely a must-read book.
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I got a call from Waldenbooks saying it was in but I haven't gotten it yet. I've been looking forward to this one for a while.

What's some of the best "dirt" in there EUX? Does it stack up well with the recent Behind the Music? Anything that made you think "that was outrageous even for the Crue"? I'm anxious to read about the SATD and TOP eras, personally.
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm anxious to purchase it myself. I love reading books about Rock and Roll excess!
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

You gotta admire the Crue. Check out their official website and click on the albums section. On the Theatre of Pain one, there's a quote from Vince Neil about how shitty that album is;

"As a band, they should have been supporting me. After all, we had just recorded a weak album and the first hit from it, a cover of Brownsville Station’s “Smoking in the Boys Room,” was my idea: I used to play it with my old band, Rock Candy. Outside of “Home Sweet Home,” which MTV played so much they started limiting the shelf life of new videos in order to stop the flood of requests, the rest of the album was pure shit. I was shocked it went double platinum, and maybe it just reinforced the idea that we were so great we could even get away with putting out a terrible album.

Now how many bands would admit to that on their own website?

I've read some quotes from it, mostly the stuff that was in Rolling Stone last month, but I haven't picked it up yet. It sounds like a great book, and I'm definitely going to grab it at some point.

Sounds like they really lay it down, which is nice to see. Enough of these "everything is great" books from artists. The Aerosmith book was good like that, this one sounds even better.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Now, I consider myself to be a connoisseur of Motley Crue, but this book blew me away. It had tons and tons of stories/facts that I never knew about. Way more in-depth than Behind The Music. There's tons more interviews with other people involved in the madness too.

The best parts? Probably reading about the early days, from living on the Sunset Strip up until Girls, Girls, Girls. Just hearing about all the excess. There's a couple funny stories about DLR in there too. Cabo, there's DEFINITELY a few parts in there where you can't help but say "Oh my God" out loud.

Just a warning, the part about Vince Neil's daughter dying is bound to make ya shed a tear.

Now if only VH could put together a similar book with Dave, Sammy and Gary writing too. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    "You gotta do me a favor and let these (people) have a good time, alright? A little bit of (vulgar term for breast) and their hands in the air ain't gonna hurt anybody" - Nikki Sixx

"Van Halen is 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our drivin' kinda music!" - David Lee Roth

"We get to the hotel, there's people partyin' in the parking lot, people gettin' down in the elevator, wow! I swear to God I had this one chick, this chick was poundin' on my door, she was kickin' and screamin' at my door 'til about 6:30 this morning. Finally, I just said, 'Fuck it!' and let her out of my room!" - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Looking forward to getting that book too.

By the way, www.metal-sludge.com has reviewed the book and put some funny excerpts on their website. Check it out.
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net