Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

so who are you guys rooting for? my vote goes to SOULCRACKER. i thought they were the best band to begin with plus FLICKERSTICK is a bunch pussies. what is the deal with these guys? they fight(if you call that fighting). the lead singer always waits till someone is between him before he joins in. they showed last episode who has more talent.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Both of those bands suck ass...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:05 AM
    Liked 11,542 Times in 4,917 Posts

Both bands are terrible IMO. Soulcracker's music is soul-less I think, and they aren't very good musicians. Flickerdick writes much cachier tunes, but they are such lamers, with the nail polish, the whole drunk angle, that they are very laughable. The drummer who refused to do the solo contest thing agains the Soulcracker drummer, showed what an absolute pussy he is.

IMO the only band with real talent and class was the first band that got kicked off, that Josh Dodes Band. They actually could play, even though their music didn't appeal on a mass scale.

Harlow was a such a joke, and they were all ugly, talentless skanks, except the drummer. She couldn't play for beans, but at least she looked good. Horrible music.

[ July 05, 2001 at 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Brett ]

[ July 05, 2001 at 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Brett ]
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Amen, Brett...I have seen three episodes and I wondered where the Josh band went...They actually had some skills...

What is truly sad is that these guys auditioned to be on the show...Did you hear those weak ass guitar solos at Guitar Center??? They sucked!!! My 9 month old has more soul...

A bunch of Nirvana/U2/Zep/Roxy Music dickhead wannabe's...

[ July 05, 2001 at 03:03 PM: Message edited by: SactoFan ]

[ July 05, 2001 at 11:59 PM: Message edited by: SactoFan ]
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well guy, I've been to both bands web sites, and it looks to me that Flickerstick are the big winners. Their current schedule is much more booked than Soulcracker and they also have bigger sponsors.

They both suck! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Both bands are pathetic but flickerstick are more likeable. They have better songs.

The guys in soulcracker are fuckin nerds. And the guys in flickerstick are jackass' but at least they have some fun.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All bands were very good at drinking, acting stupid, getting laid, "acting" like a rock star, promoting and HORRIBLE at playing. No talent wannabe hacks is what these bands are. Flickerstick and Soulcracker? Hahaha, what a joke. Harlow was even worse though. Like the dude up top said, they all sucked and were ugly except for the drummer. She sucked but at least she looked good. My brother told me about how bad the solo contest was at Guitar Center on last week's episode. I really gotta see that one for a good laugh.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

TOP TIMMY was right. FLICKERSTICK did a better show and deserved to win.
    as for you guys where is your cd? if your so good when can i catch you on tour? i hate to say but that is all i hear is how good some of you are. you should have got a band together and sent in a tape. then you could have proved that your better than these guys.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't need to prove shit to anyone because i know for a fact i got more chops and talent than these fools do. I'm in it for the music. I play gigs and haven't recorded anything or sold any music because like i said before, I'M IN IT FOR THE MUSIC. I play because i love it. I feel no need to be a sellout who needs to make money off of playing and i feel as though these fucks should get a real job and stop acting like adolescent high schoolers. I value people with college degrees who work in the corporate world doing something important. These guys are in fantasy land and should wake up.

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

being a corprate lackee is a good thing. yeah plunging a knife in the back of the guy ahead on the corprate ladder is in my imo important. i respect anyone who works hard for their dream whatever it may be. i was at my guitar lesson last week and i was butchering "ONE" by METALLICA and the guy waiting for his lesson starts playing it better than me to show me up or something. i think musicians have an i'm better than you attitude.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by topik killer:
    being a corprate lackee is a good thing. yeah plunging a knife in the back of the guy ahead on the corprate ladder is in my imo important. i respect anyone who works hard for their dream whatever it may be. i was at my guitar lesson last week and i was butchering "ONE" by METALLICA and the guy waiting for his lesson starts playing it better than me to show me up or something. i think musicians have an i'm better than you attitude.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    There's more competition in music than there is in sports. I got into music to get away from the bullshit that ultimately pushed me out of sports and i just find out that musicians are worse. Ignore them and do your own thing.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

I'm 30 years old now, have a wife, and a life now. I don't have time to try out for VH1 shows, get drunk on TV, and run around the country for 2 months making an ass of myself. Actually I don't want to. Yes my bandmates wanted to send a CD in for the show last April or something. I said if they did, they could find another guitar player.

I will continue to rag on those bands from that show, they sucked. I wasn't aware my resume as a musician capable of judging others musicians, required me to have sent in for a VH1 reality show??

You mean to tell me that only good bands go on VH1's "Bands on the Run?" Hell guess the rest of the music world should stop playing, because only Harlow, Flickerass, Souldick and Josh Dodes are real musicians. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Shit that one chick in Harlow just learned how to play guitar before coming on the show for cripes sake!! Come on topik, give me a break.

[ July 09, 2001 at 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Brett ]
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Topik, think of this way. Imagine VH circa 1976-77 going up against these bands. Can you even imagine these bands standing on stage with VH back then?
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

one break comin up. well said AXESLINGER84. BRETT i never said these bands are good. my beef is some people here say how good they are and rag others, show us what you got. no offense BRETT(although i'm sure you will take that way) but why can't you be yourself and try out for it. take it from AL BUNDY NEVER MARRY! by the way do you have any soundclips(mpeg's) or something of your band? do you just play shows in LA? and i know that the music biz isn't only talent, i think gimmick helps and some bands ain't into being like KISS. oh yeah i thought the casting special was funny. and to BRETT'S bandmates drop him(j/k).

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by topik killer:
    [QBi think musicians have an i'm better than you attitude.[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, from what I've seen, it is YOU that have a problem: you are so insecure about yourself and your playing that you seem to feel the musicians of the world are out to get you or something. No offense, but if you are struggling through a tune like 'One', then you haven't reached the point where you can objectively say that someone sucks. If they are doing something that you can't yet, it makes you feel bad to hear someone else say it sucks, and then you get defensive and start accusing people of thinking they're 'better'. Being a success in the music biz has little to do with talent; it's luck, who you know, etc. MOST musicians will never even have a chance to 'make it'. That doesn't make them less talented than people on the charts, and it CERTAINLY doesn't put them below those lame bands on that tv show.

You PERCEIVE the superiority attitude because of your inferiority complex. Those of us who have studied and practiced our asses off for years generally have a pretty good idea about a band or player being 'good'. People surely don't have to prove themselves to YOU as musicians, so throwing down the gauntlet and saying 'show me what you got' is out of place. By posing that challenge, you are opening the door to a little competition, and one that you probably don't REALLY want to get involved in. Nothing good will come to you from that, except the possibility that someone really blows you away and inspires you to practice and learn more.

The bands on that show SUCKED. Period. Not one lick of talent, just attitude problems. The songs sucked, the playing sucked, everything sucked about them. They were a bunch of whiny noisemakers with nothing else to do with their time than fuck around like that. They were as phony as a friggin blow-up doll, and if they are indicative of what the current bar band scene is like, I am glad not to be a part of it.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.