Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Just recently, "KISS" did a lip sync performance for the 50th anniversary show of American Bandstand.

Of course, Eric "I have no integrity" Singer was still playing drums in Peter Criss' makeup and costume.

BUT GET THIS! Tommy Thayer (who has worked for KISS since the mid 90s) stepped in and dressed up as Ace Frehely!!!

Apparently, Ace could not make it to the taping so KISS decided to get a "fake" Ace to perform.

WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT! Gene has done some stupid shit with 'his' band, but this is just going way too far.
    KISS looked like a tribute band up there. I saw pics and it looked pathetic! (go to www.kissasylum.com)

Now, there are rumours that Ace will be quitting KISS altogether as a result of his 'temporary' replacement.

Gene and Paul certainly do not have any respect for their own band.

I thought to myself: What a dumb idea! Do they think they can actually tour with "Peter and Ace" lookalikes??!!

The fans are not stupid.

Just rediculous.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Eddie Trunk of NY's Saturday Night Rocks on the radio has confirmed Ace's status with KISS. As a good friend of Ace's and KISS, this is what he had to say:

"We also found out this week that Ace and Kiss are no more. Kiss appeared at the Dick Clark special taping with Tommy Thayer in Ace's costume. This is a move Kiss fans have long feared, and it is now reality. The band also did a private show with Tommy as Ace a couple months ago in Jamaica. Look for an official announcement from Kiss about this, and also the likely scenario that Kiss will tour, and maybe record, with Singer and Thayer in the band.
    Now before you go crazy and blame Gene and Paul, please note that Ace simply didn't want to do Kiss anymore. It's as simple as that. There were huge sums of money offered to both Peter and Ace to stay in Kiss, and both turned it down. Gene and Paul decided to go forward with Tommy and Eric. I have known Tommy for a long time, back to his days in Black & Blue. He has a history with Kiss dating back to those days, and has worked for Gene for years. He also played in a Kiss cover band as Ace, and Ace admitted was the one who retaught him his own guitar solos during the reunion tour. Most recently, Tommy was tour managing Kiss and now finds himself in the band!
    For those that have a problem with this version of the band, the solution is very simple; DON'T BUY IT! Nobody is twisting your arm!! That being said, I know many fans will check it out, myself included. But you decide for yourself! Yes it's sad what happened. What shocks the hell out of me is that 22 years after the first breakup, the same stuff has happened again (overmerchadising, albums with outside musicians, loss of original members in the same order) to a tee!
    The only question I have about all this is something being overlooked. Wasn't it supposed to be the FAREWELL TOUR??? I was one of the few that believed the band that it was over. Everybody is entitled to do what they want, but if Kiss decides to tour and record again, then the "Farewell Tour" was the blatant money making lie most said it was. As a lifelong fan and supporter, I want to see Kiss go on forever, but this is something fans that paid their hard earned money should really be asking!
    What should Kiss do in my opinion? Well if they do want to continue in makeup, and once again be and active touring and recording band (and not just a nostaligia merchanise machine), they should develop new images and charecters (like Vinnie Vincent or Eric Carr's "fox") for the new members. OR, do a non makeup tour. The truth is, at this point just as many fans grew up with the 80's version, so do that. Without a hit record, Kiss will have a hard time selling out arenas, especially with 2 replacement members. A more casual band that focuses on making music might work better, especially considering the age factor, but I doubt that will happen. The merchandising is to much a factor, which is why Gene and Paul will continue to use Ace and Peter's personas with the new members.
    Since so many have asked, that's my take, and remember, if you don't like it, don't buy it, it's as simple as that!"

Eddie Trunk
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

I think it's time for KISS to go unmasked again. I have no problem that Peter and Ace had enough, and I have no problem that Gene and Paul chose to replace them - happened before as the article mentioned. However, to parade the new cats out there in Peter and Ace's "character" is just wrong! I remember when I saw KISS in '83, didn't have the internet and all and had no idea Ace had left - thought something was funny that he was pictured on Creatures Of The Night, but had no composing credits or did not sing a song on the album. (Was he in the video for "I Love It Loud" - haven't really seen it...) But when I got to the show the first thing I noticed was there was someone different on the T-shirt - later found out it was Vinnie Vincent. So even though we have the internet now, I'm sure there are people that don't know that Peter's gone or Ace is gone - and they see a picture of the band with the Catman and the Space Ace and they think they're seeing the original KISS, 'cause I doubt the ads for the shows say "Gene, Paul, Eric, Tommy" - who knows, maybe they do. But I doubt it.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

KISS still sucks. (That's me on the cover of "UnMasked"!)
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Album

women and children first
    Favorite VH Song

humans being
    Last Online

02.10.12 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think Eric Singer is a kick ass drummer, and he proves it when touring with Alice Cooper too [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] . As far as the member replacement goes in KISS, it seems like they are treating it like a broadway production with costumed actors filling in at will (ala CATS ), or a new clown in the circus makeup. That sucks because KISS was such a friggin Awesome band.
    "And the Cradle will Rock!"

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

That does seem pretty lame to dress someone up like Ace. I agree that they should do away with the makeup if they are going to record with Singer and Thayer.

I wondering when they are going to wrap this tour up. What they should have done was have one final show with Ace and Peter and be done with classic Kiss. This way, they go out with a bang, everyone goes their separate ways, and Paul and Gene can reform Kiss w/o the makeup.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I thought the "scab" members of KISS had different make-up than the originals?
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Originally posted by FanHalen:
    Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent wore new makeup designs, but Eric Singer has been wearing Peter Criss' cat makeup since he took over for Criss and now apparently this other dude is wearing Ace's makeup design. The big question for me is do/will they also play Criss' and Frehley's songs?

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by billy007:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FanHalen:
    Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent wore new makeup designs, but Eric Singer has been wearing Peter Criss' cat makeup since he took over for Criss and now apparently this other dude is wearing Ace's makeup design. The big question for me is do/will they also play Criss' and Frehley's songs?</font>[/QUOTE]To answer your last question: No.

As far as Ace Frehely goes, they will not play HIS songs (ie: Shock Me, New York Groove, etc).

They will not (and have not) played Beth with Singer (that would be stupid and funny).

Although they will play Black Diamond which is actually a Paul Stanley written song, only that Peter sang the lead ( Eric Carr also sang it live when Peter left the first time)

I'm surprised though, because I thought Ace had the rights to his makeup design. I guess he doesn't.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

does any of this surprise you guys?

Gene has always had Thayer warming up in the bullpin!

I'm not conviced that his last name is Thayer---I think that a reporter asked Paul what his name is and Paul said "Tommy Sayer" but his thweet lithp made it sound like he said "Thayer"!

I'm sure Gene gets 1000s of emails a day telling him how stupid he is with this makeup-scabs deal, but like VAN HALEN, it goes in one ear and out the other. Gene thinks that only internuts complain about the band.

They'll continue doing lip sync performances and pool parties because there is NO WAY that they can take those scabs on a US tour!

I USE to be a big KISS fan, but they have lost me finally. No more $$$$$ from me.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ace was on the original cover of Creatures of the Night and did appear in the I Love It Loud video, but that was the extent of his involvement with the album. He was asked to appear on the cover simply as a PR move.
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

IMO, to put a surrogate player in either Peters, or Ace's makeup is just stupid. First of all, the characters should be proprietary to the individual members! Even Gene says in his book that the makeup was an extension of each band members unique personality. I think it's even beyond time to take off the makeup... It's actually time to put the guitars under the bed & retire to Bocca!
    Oh, & fuck Courtney Love!
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Favorite VH Album

All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think KISS would've got away with Eric playing in Peter's makeup for a US tour.

However, with a "fake" Ace, fans will revolt. There is no way (as hain said) KISS can go out on a big tour with Thayer in Ace's makeup. THE FANS ARE NOT STUPID!

As soon as I saw a pic of the imposter playing with Gene and Paul, I knew it wasn't Ace. Looked like one of the guys from a KISS tribute band (and that's what Thayer used to do!)

Yeah, they can lip sync these TV events and other shin-digs but it will NOT work for a full blown KISS tour. If Paul and Gene think they can pull that off, then cats and dogs do sleep together. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Now I understand that it was Ace who willingly left KISS again. Who wouldn't?? He constantly gets bashed by Gene (read his book) yet his face still helps put more $$$ in Gene's pocket.

Its all about money. The so-called "Farewell Tour" was about money, because it hasn't even ended yet.

Gene knows that the only KISS that would sell is the originals, so he uses their faces to sell merchandise but I doubt he can sell tickets that way.

He purposely obtained the rights to Peter and Ace's makeup design for that reason only.
    EUAS

www.rotharmy.com

*VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

"The Showstoppa!!"

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a feeling that Gene is about to find out that even the Kiss Army has its limits. People will not stand for a fake Ace. He has a much bigger fan base among Kiss fans than Peter ever had.
    "There's a Japanese term called wabi-sabi, not wasabi, but wabi-sabi. It means an appreciation for the imperfect, the less than precision. The cowboy boots that you never polish because it's bad luck. That is completely wabi-sabi. Van Halen is that." - DLR 2002<br /><br />"Look! I can see their parachutes! They're ok..." - Tenshinhan, DragonBall Z

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

If there's any band that should retire, it's KI$$. Enough already guys.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman