Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

03.22.09 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Guns N' Roses fails to show in Philadelphia
    Fans at the First Union Center yelled, cursed, and overturned equipment. Paramedics took five people to hospitals.

For the second time since they began their North American tour a month ago, Guns N' Roses angered fans by failing to show for their performance - this time it was in South Philly.

Once it became clear last night that the rock band was not going to show for its scheduled gig at the First Union Center, fans began yelling and cursing, throwing bottles, chairs and ceiling tiles, and overturning trash cans and equipment. Several fights broke out, and paramedics reported transporting five people to area hospitals.

"Thankfully, I was in a club box," said Christina Wolf, 26, of Center City. "It was shielded... so I wasn't getting hit by any of the flying objects."

The sold-out concert, which was supposed to be a comeback for the reconstituted 1980s rock band, began at its scheduled time with a performances by local rock band Cky and DJ Mixmaster Mike. But after the DJ's unusually long set ended about 9:30, the stage went dark.

"By 11, there was nothing. No one had taken the stage," Wolf said. "It became obvious to the crowd that they weren't going to come on stage.

"Then there was a public announcement made that the band wasn't going to come on, and a reminder that it wasn't the First Union Center's staff's fault," Wolf said.

The announcement referred to "health issues" but did not elaborate. That elicited a chant from some in the audience of "Axl sucks!" - a reference to the notoriously erratic Guns N' Roses front man who failed to show at the tour's opening concert in Vancouver on Nov. 7.

"People had been booing," Wolf said, "but once the announcement happened, people actually started ripping the seats off the chairs and throwing beers."

Police reported no arrests, and fire officials were standing by for what they called a "minor civil disturbance."

A spokesman for the First Union Center said police and event staff "had no problem clearing the building. Everyone cleared the building really quickly."

Some of the fans, however, took out their frustrations in the parking lot. One concertgoer reported that someone had thrown a trash can through the windshield of his 1998 Toyota Camry, which had been in the H Lot.

Neither the promoter of the concert, Clear Channel Entertainment, nor the band explained what had happened.

One month ago in Vancouver, fans turned into an angry mob, throwing rocks and smashing windows when the band failed to show up for a show at the General Motors Place arena. Police had to use pepper spray to disperse the crowd.

That performance was canceled at the last minute after Rose failed to show because, a band spokesman said, bad weather in Los Angeles had held up his flight. The band is based in Los Angeles.
    “I made some mistakes tonight but we sing and play our f***ing instruments. Accept no substitute “ Tom Petty at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center July 3, 2002

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    LOL...

Yeh I know, any publicity is good publicity

but...man... LOL
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH3... it varies.
    Favorite VH Song

too many to count... I\'m diggin\' Can\'t Get This Stuff No More right now.
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Should we really be that surprised?

At least it doesn't sound as bad as Vancouver...
    "The common thing on governments as an institution is: they're all bad worldwide. It might be the only thing that binds all nations together: the incompetence of their governments. Look at the people who have been president in the US so far... could I DO ANY WORSE?"<br /> <br />~ Frank Zappa

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Fuckers like Axl make me feel good about sharing my MP3s of G&R with the rest of the internet. Axl needs to have his mommy take care of his sorry ass and lock him in a room with Eminem for a few weeks [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

axle is an asshole his new band sucks.
    i can not wait for the slash, izzy, matt, duff, to put their new music out to show him how it is done.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:17 AM
    Liked 1,474 Times in 899 Posts

This tour and band are totally sad.

Of course, is any of this REALLY surprising?
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any credibility Axl had left in the music biz is now totally gone. Thank god they finally pulled the plug on the tour. He's too much of a liability for promoters and venues. I would not be surprised if "Chinese Democracy" is never released. Maybe Brain and Buckethead can do the project with Les Claypool now that the tour is over. I hope nobody bought tickets for any cancelled shows...
    Opporknockity Tunes Only Once.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:43 PM
    Liked 11,549 Times in 4,920 Posts

Who cares, it's not GNR anyway and Axl's always been a fucking tool. I'd rather hear Slash's project with the other Gunners anyway.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

In all seriousness, I think Axl must be mentally ill. His two and two just isn't equalling four!

I recall him talking about his lateness for gigs a long time ago and explaining that he has a really tough time getting into the proper frame of mind to go onstage. But that's a fucking load of shit. If you can get yourself onstage each night at midnight, why the fuck can't you just push your whole routine up by 2 hours so you don't leave the fans waiting for hours after the opening bands have played? It's ridiculous.

I'm all for a band being real, and having integrity, but at the same time there is a level of professionalism that is demanded in show biz. If the tickets say 9:30, you better be able to honor that, otherwise stay home with the shades drawn. How hard is that?

Axl chose to come out of hiding and book this tour. By doing that, he made the commitment to be game ready at 9:30, 3 nights a week for a given stretch of time.

Axl's game just isn't cute anymore. It's not 1987, they aren't the new guys giving the finger to a stagnant industry. They had so much potential in 1987 that shit like this seemed forgivable. Now it's not, it's completely inexcusable. Especially given that Axl is trying to push a concept that isn't very popular; a whole new band under the old name.

Years ago the Rolling Stones used to go on late all the time. Now they wouldn't even think of pulling shit like that.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

The people I feel sorry for are those blind GNR fans who were supporting Axl's little tribute band!

I just went to some GNR message boards and the blind loyalty there is thru the roof!

Glenn made some good points--I mean WTF?? going on 2 1/2 hours late is the most unprofessional thing you can do! The Stones use to pull that shit and it almost cost them. How hard is it for Axl to start is routine 2 hours earlier??????

I'm going to play armchair promoter here and guess that the promoters were just tired of Axl's bullshit. They were taking a big risk putting up money for a fake band. And after all these years, Axl is still acting like a diva!

but if you guys got time, go to a couple of GNR message boards(just go to yahoo and do a search) you'll read all the bullshit the GNR sheep are spewing!
    Eat Us and Smile!

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I've been to one gnr board and there are very few people there that seem to see through Axl. A bulk of them are leaving no stone unturned looking for any way to make Axl the victim somehow. Sad.

People are speculating that he's seriously ill, but I was of the understanding that they'd just played the night prior in MSG. Plus, if you're ill (seriously or not) you don't cancel the gig AFTER the opening bands have gone on and long AFTER your scheduled start time. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Axl needs to be held accountable. That's the worst thing about how GnR is now set up; there is no one on equal footing with him to reign him in. He wanted to be the dictator, now he is, and he's destroying himself.

One thing about GnR, there's no point waiting around for the old band to get back together. If you think VH is a lost cause, I don't know how you'd describe the Guns chances!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Yes he is seriously ill...it's called "Fucking Asshole" disease. Very serious, and incurable apparently.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

This board seems to be full of plenty of Axl apologists. Sad.

http://gnr.dyndns.org/yabbse/index.php
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

That's the Axl board I've been checking out.

Doesn't it seem like if there was a reasonable excuse for this, Axl would have released a statement by now?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Oh I'm Axl Who? BTW...Have nothing better to do, might as well piss off the admins and Axl apologists there. Why should I be the only victim?
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!