Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rush rocked the house last night at Coor's Amphitheater. My God...unbelieveable! They came out to no fanfare, no fancy intro, no nuthin'! Just walked out on stage, plugged in, and launched into "Tom Sawyer". Last night's performance showed me what I've been missing from not seeing this band live. I also saw, firsthand from about 11 rows back, why Alex Lifeson is such an underrated guitarist. This man just does not get his proper due. He broke out a blues riff that just reeked of Stevie Ray Vaughn. It was mind-blowing! Neil Peart proved why is such a drum god. I don't think the man broke a drop of sweat all night. The precision in which he played was amazing, never missing a beat. Geddy tore it up on bass as well. After seeing them, I now know what everyone here has been talking about for the last month or so. I am so glad I had my MD recorder with me. It makes for a great souvenir.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:14 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member
    Yeah, but they didn't do "Red Barchetta" or "Time Stand Still". Other than that yeah, it was a great show. Probably better that 99% of the crap that's out there nowadays. Also $40 doesn't last long at the $7.50 Beer stands.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Hey Vince, were you in the LORCH section, row L at any time during the concert? I was standing next to some guy during the 2nd set and I thought he looked kinda like you, I remember your picture from the Dome days.

That was by far the best concert that I have ever gone to (6th time on Rush alone). It's now my wifes favorite concert as well, it helped that I downloaded all the songs from both sets first and got her into them month's before the show. "YYZ" was freak'n smokin, that is the best I have ever heard them play that tune. "Natural Science" was my favorite though, but it's my favorite Rush song so im biased.

[ September 26, 2002, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: willy4pres ]

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by willy4pres:
    Hey Vince, were you in the LORCH section, row L at any time during the concert? I was standing next to some guy during the 2nd set and I thought he looked kinda like you, I remember your picture from the Dome days.

That was by far the best concert that I have ever gone to (6th time on Rush alone). It's now my wifes favorite concert as well, it helped that I downloaded all the songs from both sets first and got her into them month's before the show. "YYZ" was freak'n smokin, that is the best I have ever heard them play that tune. "Natural Science" was my favorite though, but it's my favorite Rush song so im biased.
    Orchestra Left, around row 12???

If so, that was me. I was wearing shorts, a black Van Halen shirt, and I had a black Rush shirt draped over my right shoulder. I "upgraded" my seats from 102, next to the mixing desk. Too many people there for me to get away with taping the show.

My fave songs that night were "Spirit Of Radio", "Limelight", and a new song, "Earthshine".

Since your description states you're from Yuma, what were you doing down here? You a Marine stationed there?
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Wow, small world. Im a Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corp over here in Yuma Arizona, im a big Rush fan so traveling 170 miles isnt a big deal for me.

This was my first time getting to see them on the West Coast though, seen them 5 times in St. Louis up until 1992. California people seemed to really enjoy the show, which suprised me for some reason.

Me and my wife both had on long sleeve Rush tour shirts that we bought from there, I was probably wearing glasses at the time and long shorts, and obviously short hair with a medium fade.

Wish more people would have an open mind and just go to see one of there show's, it really puts them into perspective, there an amazing live band with allot of killer tunes.

And Earthshine did kick allot of ass, I really didn't listen to that song off the new album much, I will now. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I saw you get annoyed when that guy kept walking past you and your wife. You had this look on your face that said, "What the fuck?!?!?"

I recognized you as a Devil Dog as soon as I saw the haircut.

We SoCaler's like Rush. I've been listening to them since I was in high school. It's pretty nice to be able to go to a concert and hear "real" music being played for once. Not this shit where people are screaming or grunting into the microphone, complete with rapping and turntable scratching.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

They played "Trees" this time, which was cool for me really.

"Yeah, I saw you get annoyed when that guy kept walking past you and your wife. You had this look on your face that said, "What the fuck?!?!?"

Should have seen me during the first set, I grabbed some dude and yelled in his ear "THE SHOW STARTS AT 8:00", even though I physically grabbed him and screamed in his ear he still pretended like nothing happened, my wife wouldn't let me do anything else though [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] . I hate it when people show up late.

Vince, are you still in the Navy?

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vince G.:
    Rush rocked the house last night at Coor's Amphitheater. My God...unbelieveable! They came out to no fanfare, no fancy intro, no nuthin'! Just walked out on stage, plugged in, and launched into "Tom Sawyer".
    They didn't do the cartoon music intro (Looney Toons or Warner Bros., I can't remember)? In Dallas, the last note of the cartoon music was the first note of Tom Sawyer - it was GREAT. And how about the dragon animation for One Little Victory to open the second set - pretty funny. Cool drum solo too, as usual. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Should have seen me during the first set, I grabbed some dude and yelled in his ear "THE SHOW STARTS AT 8:00", even though I physically grabbed him and screamed in his ear he still pretended like nothing happened, my wife wouldn't let me do anything else though [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] . I hate it when people show up late.

Vince, are you still in the Navy?
    Yep, still in. Based at Naval Air Station North Island.

I was originally in 102, Row P, right next to the mixing desk, but I had to move after the first 3 songs. I had this hardcore Rush fanatic behind me in Row Q that was just screaming out the lyrics to everything, and with me recording it wasn't gonna make for a nice disc. In addition to him, the entire area around me was one giant weed festival, and you know how that goes with people like you and I.

There was this idiot that showed up late in the row in front us, and proceeded to argue with the couple in the seats he was trying to take that those were in fact his seats, not theirs. He was adament he was in Row O, when his seats were actually in Row Q. After shining my flashlight on his tickets, and seeing the pissed off look on the other guy's face, he finally realized he fucked up and left.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many To List
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Guys,

"Trees" or "Between Sun & Moon"?

Also, any other oddities?

Thanx in advance.

The Real Deal
    <a href="http://www.the-real-deal.com/index.htm" target="_blank">The Real Deal</a> does old VH better than any other band in the SF Bay Area. Hearing is believing...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Man I go to North Island all the time, I have a hookup over there that helps me fix my NALCOMIS system when it goes down. Nice base, much nicer then Yuma.

In the Summer my system goes "down" allot, it's a nice break away from the heat, and I get to check out all the guitar stores while im "working".

You know what's strange, I had ticket's in the same section and row that you were in before, but then I got the LORCH ones off of Ebay, so I got my money back for the old ones since I didn't need them anymore, must be a VH thing.

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great band. I'm suprised that Vapor Trails hasn't sold more copies. I think its some of their best work.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

11.19.16 @ 03:37 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

I'd put Rush up against anybody out there playing today. Why this band continues to be underated is beyond me.
    I've had the pleasure of seeing them about 15 times, twice so far on the Vapor Trails tour, and those two shows were some of the best concerts I have EVER seen. I hope to catch them again when the come back East.

Bands like Rush don't come around to often so enjoy them my friends.

"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice."

Peace
    Jim
    VAN HALEN...ROCK ON

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You know what's strange, I had ticket's in the same section and row that you were in before, but then I got the LORCH ones off of Ebay, so I got my money back for the old ones since I didn't need them anymore, must be a VH thing.
    Great. So, I have YOU to blame for selling them to one of the fat bastards in my row that decided to turn it into a giant bongfest!

Oo-Rah! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

i agree...lifeson is underrated...