Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hear me out.

On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As all of my fellow linkers read this I would ask one thing. Hear it out. Think about it. Please. As I write this, I already assume I will sustain a significant amount of bashing as to "the source". I hope at the end you will understand my dilema.

First off, I have only posted one rumor here in the mill that was from those in the publicity end of the biz. I am posting now with great reluctance, not only because of the tone in here of late to rumors, but because what I have to report is not what we want to hear. Those few that know of my posts do know my character and know that I am not a rumor hound. As I said, I expect the usual asses to confront me on the source, but I believe I need to express my feelings on the matter of sources.

There are sources that are second, third, fourth...hand and there are sources that are first hand. Any of us that deal with "first hand" sources here on the links know the value of the information that they possess. I just became one. What they do with that information is up to them as well as divulging the true nature of the source. This, in my case, is a hard bargain. I came upon the information in a very coincidental way and am here to state that I will NOT divulge the source. My respect for that individual will not permit me to do that. My respect for the friendship that he has with the band will not permit me to do that. I WILL say that it IS reliable, but proof of that would eventually lead to giving you the name of the source. I will not leave this individual out to dry. I trust him and he trusts me. The only tidbit that I can give is that the band has many friends in the music industry. Not just those with WB, Yamaha, or Peavey.

So why bring it up, you ask? Because, of late, we have had no real concrete information about the status of the band. We have had rumor and innuendo galore. And that is all we have had! Many of you have posted things like, "until we here it from the band we shouldn't believe anything." I put more faith in that stance on the current VH situation than anything I've read here. It is with this approach to news that I convey my information.

A very long story, short...here goes. In discussing things that may be utilized by the band on the next tour, the subject of Ed's equipment came up. His likes and dislikes of certain things concerning his equipment were discussed. My concern then was of resolving these issues before "he goes out on the next tour". I asked that. His response floored me.

"He may not be going out. There is a lot of things going on right now...and not what everybody thinks. I'm not at liberty to say."

He looked down. I knew immediately that my stay would no longer be welcome if I pressed. I responded, "I understand." We went on with the business that we had started.

This man is a friend of the band and I could tell by his body language and expression that it bothered him.

What does it mean? I don't know. I will not raise supposition here to come to any conclusion.

My point is this. Since December we have heard it all. Some real news and some off the wall bullshit. Health problems, legal problems, personality problems...we just don't know! I'm hoping a "band lurker" comes in and knocks this fucker to left field over the wall! But until we know anything, I hope to put a new perspective here on all of the posts about the future of Van Halen. Let's be patient with our anxiety here. This is the best gathering of VH fans in the world. We have no clue as to what may be going on in thier lives and the future of the band. I want to stay positive for a reunion! But I also want to be supportive of the band, as indivduals, as to what they may all be going through and against.

Again, this qualifies as rumor. But it also qualifies as opinion on my part. I didn't quite know where to put it. If there is any truth to this I hope it is treated with respect and dignity.

I love this band! Long Live VAN HALEN!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yup, it's one thing to post a rumor or two you hear, it's another to blatantly make things up and post three our four of them a day, claiming to be someone you're not.

Granted, I don't know what to make of this one, and will probably discount it personally until something official gets announced, but it beats a dead rumor mill, doesn't it?

------------------
    Fall in line, say the word...
    VHLinks Forum Moderator (Opinions)
    Up Front Fanatics!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have said it before and I will say it again. There are only 2 things that would keep Roths mouth shut this long, He is in the band or Ed has very serious health concerns.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Didn't Val say something positive about Ed's health in an interview recently?

I'll tell you though, I don't think there's such thing as this "preventative" cancer treatment, which he supposidly took part in. If that were the case then every single one of us would be doing that! If you're getting some kind of treatment, it can only mean it's due to something serious. God, I hope not.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.17.14 @ 03:42 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cutback,

So why would Roth be motivated to say something if the band NEVER contacted him? As much as I want this reunion to happen I'm beginning to wonder if Van Halen truly is Ed, Mike, and Al. No lead singer yet.

TJ

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

BAM2266 thanks for letting us know what you heard. I respect the fact you dont want to post the contacts name.

I agree at times posting in the rumor mill tends to be like pouring gas on yourself and handing a crowd a lighter. There has been a a few times when some jackass(bonn-TBS) decide to come in and post false rumors just to fool the rabid VH fans - In the long run they end up looking like the fool.

I encourage everyone to post what they hear.

------------------
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    and thats about what its worth

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why would Dave say something if he is not in VH? Whats the point? What does he have to gain by stating that he is not in VH? By keeping silent the aniticipation of the fans increases, putting even MORE pressure on VH to contact Dave.

If he is in VH or if he is NOT in VH the free press he is getting by keeping silent is good enough.

IMO stating that he is NOT in VH is not the right thing to do at this point.

(This is different than in 96 when it was known for sure that Dave was working with VH..)

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Any Song Hagar Doesn't Sing
    Last Online

08.12.10 @ 07:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BAM2266:
    A very long story, short...here goes. In discussing things that may be utilized by the band on the next tour, the subject of Ed's equipment came up. His likes and dislikes of certain things concerning his equipment were discussed. My concern then was of resolving these issues before "he goes out on the next tour". I asked that. His response floored me.

"He may not be going out. There is a lot of things going on right now...and not what everybody thinks. I'm not at liberty to say."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe you, dude. I don't believe you have any reason to make this up. I like to believe everyone at first. The liars eventually reveal themselves, some sooner than later.

Just pondering this blurb, hopefully it is equipment legalities or similar that is the hold-up rather than any serious health problems for any band member. Didn't I read somewhere where Edward is not totally happy with his Wolfgang/5150 tone? Probably just another BS rumor but who knows? Could be possible. Anybody else heard anything RELIABLE towards this possibility?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

03.21.10 @ 06:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well boyz,let me tell you what I think. Eddie had AVN, avascular necrosis of one of his hips. A year ago,he had A total hip replacement by Dr. Moreland (famous orthopaedic surgeon to the stars as far as joint replacement goes). I also know that he had AVN in the other hip, and it was published in national news papers that he would likely need that hip replaced. Given the concerns of health, and delays, I'll bet that his other hip it arthritic, and very painful. He probably will need to get another total hip replacement to be pain free. This might be the delay now, I do not know. But I am an orthopedic surgeon, and have performed a lot of these operations. The natural history of avascular necrosis is generally progressive arthritis and disabitliy. Oh yeah, the cause, was his alcoholism. This is logical from the way I see it. In a second, I'd take an album or two and a limited tour. I just want new EVH to keep me going. This is bummming me out completely.
    Later

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    No worries Billy. You don't make shit up left and right. You WON'T get hammered for posting this dude. Thank's for sharing this man. Out.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ANOTHER hip replacement for Ed?

Damn Eddie is turning into Steve Austin!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This does not make sense to me and here is why.
    Why would VH start an official board at this time if Eddie's health was a factor? They know that people are going nuts wondering what's going on so the timing just does not make any sense.

Val's comments suggest that Ed is just fine and nowhere in any of Brad's infrequent statements is their anything to suggest that Eddie is not in good health.
    I guess I could be wrong but I just don't see the band opening up a can of worms (Pleasure dome) if they have concerns about one of the band members health.

I'm going to file this one with the other rumors titled. "No proof no truth"

One more thing, The following statement is a bit confusing,
    { In discussing things that may be utilized by the band on the next tour, the subject of Ed's equipment came up. His likes and dislikes of certain things concerning his equipment were discussed. My concern then was of resolving these issues before "he goes out on the next tour". }

I'm not accusing just asking for clarification. Why would you be discussing "things that may be utilized by the band on the next tour" when The person you are talking to (your insider) Says that their might not even be a tour and why are you concerned with "resolving these issues" When Your insider says, A tour may not even happen?
    It seems to me that their would be no talk about equipment used on tour until a tour is a fact and not a just a possibility.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

[This message has been edited by Lostboy2 (edited November 03, 2000 at 10:58 AM).]

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmmm the plot thickens

------------------
    Don't get that pepper in your eye!

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lostboy, you are misunderstanding.

My post did not make it clear "why" he may not be going out because I was given no info on a reason. I stated that there are a lot of issues with this band that we've delved into over the months. Health issues, legalities, and personalities. My post did not pinpoint anything. Let's not over-speculate. We don't know what is going on at 5150 and THAT is the only fact we do know.

The conversation on gear started as a general discussion about amps and guitars. It went from there about how the "marketed equipment" may not be cutting it. My question/statement was, "I wonder if those issues will be taken care of before the new tour begins". That is when he responded.

Sorry that you may have misunderstood.

Remember the end of my post. Let's stay positive and supportive of the band.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I can't speak to whether or not the rumor is true (my gut feeling is it isn't), but I *can* say that BAM is as cool as the other side of the pillow.

His source might be wrong (hopefully ) but BAM's not one to yank chains.

Thanks for posting this, my man.

------------------
    "Fuck you. I give you my ass." - Rick S' dog, as interpreted by track 5

Official Bartender Of VHForums