Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

in a few days! It will be during the week, so you will probably hear it on the radio. When you get home the official site will have a nice new page up and VH radio (it will be up and running by then) will have a little something special for you. It will be a greating from the band and a brand new rocking little tune from the boys just for us!

The press conference will be the next day where they will answer all the questions they can. They want comment on their former manager!

You will be able to see clips from the news conference on Mtv and ET along with all the other normal media outlets. Soon after, the whole press conference will be available in mpeg from the official site.

People Get Ready !!!

GangWolf

[This message has been edited by GangWolf (edited January 08, 2001 at 09:45 PM).]

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    Now that's what I'm talking about! Good attitude, faith and the cool smilie to boot. Rock N Roll GangWolf. You are keeping it real. Out.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Whelp, heres to hopin

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where did you get this information from? And how come people working for Warner Brothers have not heard anything about this situation.. And where is the press confrence gonna be? I'm not saying your not telling the truth.. I'm just wondering how you heard that its in a few days, and were all hearing no plans... Could you reply back?

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I never thought of it, but what a kool way to get all to listen for the new material on the new VH radio.....

I like the sound of this rumour....this is the type of stuff that keeps my hopes alive. I still think we will hear something before NAMM....IMO !!

Come on VH !!!

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Alright everybody place your bets. The odds are that the announcement will be made this week are starting at 1,000,000 to 1.

------------------
    Al and I are the real Van Halen. There could always be Van Halen as long as it's me and Al. But if there was no Dave, this place would be pretty empty tonight. - EVH during a 1984 pre-concert interview before that night's sold out show

And there's only one David Lee. I'm the fun in Van Halen, always will be. - David Lee Roth

When classic Van Halen is together it's like one person. When I say 'I' in this respect, I mean my whole cadre that I am part of. I'm the tear boss, and I'm a fuckin' lifer. - David Lee Roth

"In America, we believe big time in publicizing the shit out of 'we ain't talkin'.' First we make goddamn sure that everybody knows we ain't saying anything..." - David Lee Roth

[This message has been edited by AJW (edited January 09, 2001 at 06:33 AM).]

[This message has been edited by AJW (edited January 09, 2001 at 06:34 AM).]

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    AJW -

Your are right, it is a long shot..I dont know if I am that bold...just trying to be optimistic... good thing I am not a gambling man ... Ha Ha

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nothing this week and nothing at NAMM.
    just my 2 cents. VH radio sounds right

------------------
    Don't get that pepper in your eye!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, one could hope...

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

VH Radio is going to be the coolest thing about it !!!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GangWolf:
    in a few days! It will be during the week, so you will probably hear it on the radio. When you get home the official site will have a nice new page up and VH radio (it will be up and running by then) will have a little something special for you. It will be a greating from the band and a brand new rocking little tune from the boys just for us!

The press conference will be the next day where they will answer all the questions they can. They want comment on their former manager!

You will be able to see clips from the news conference on Mtv and ET along with all the other normal media outlets. Soon after, the whole press conference will be available in mpeg from the official site.

People Get Ready !!!

GangWolf

[This message has been edited by GangWolf (edited January 08, 2001 at 09:45 PM).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice rumor, but just one thing, you left out a date when this thing is gonna to happen, can or can't you give us a date

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.17.11 @ 09:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well,

Here is why I think the announcement might happen before NAMM. Firstly, from what I gather suppossedly Eddie might also be appearing in person? Do I have this wrong, or is he really going to show up?

If Eddie is going to be there in the flesh, the chances of an announcement before NAMM go up dramatically. Since Mike isn't one of the brothers, he's always the one who is supposed to show up in public and act like everything is normal while Eddie and Al stay out of the spotlight.

Secondly, we've been hearing about Mike's bass deal for months now: the one that is supposed to be tied-in with the "2001 World Tour". From a marketing standpoint (for Yamaha), I would think Mike probably had to assure them that there would be an announcement before NAMM. Therefore, at NAMM everyone would be more abuzz over the new bass gear if they knew for sure it would be on a tour that was about to happen.

And finally, a little calendar logic, which admittedly has not worked yet to this point. This is allegedly going to be a huge tour, and huge tours take huge promotion. Plus, the public has only a limited amount of money to spend on concerts, and these different tours have to basically outdo each other. U2 has already struck first, with an all-but official tour running from March to June. Ozzy's little traveling escapade will probably be finalized in the next couple months, and Black Crowes/Oasis and another Metallica stadium tour are also very possible.

I don't think they can afford to wait much longer.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If Ed is at NAMM he will not be talking. He will do a little private clinic and thats about it. I dont think there will be an announcement before NAMM or at NAMM.
    Could I be wrong?? Sure I could, we will see.

------------------
    Don't get that pepper in your eye!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.17.11 @ 09:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You could be right, Hal. And I could be way off the wall myself.

I just really think it might truly be close this time.....for no reason in particular. Maybe its just a small case of the optomism virus.

And this post leads me to one more thing....I don't think we'll get a new single immediatly after the announcement as some hope. For that to happen, it would have to have already been sent out in promo form to radio stations and the media, in which case I guarantee you we would have heard it already.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'm guessing if an announcement isn't within a few days GangWolf won't be hanging around here anymore.

------------------
    "If Gary's in, he's in for life--that's it. And if anything ever does happen, then I'll score movies or whatever, but that would be the end of Van Halen. I'll take up tuba." --EVH, Entertainment Weekly, 1996

Dan Halen