Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: New VH Update

Hot For Teacher
    North and South, East and West...I\'m always extreme!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's not very often, or ever, that I pass on info like this on VHLinks, and I wsn't sure if this could go into the "Rumor Mill" or here, but either way it is about Van Halen and you can discuss it.

On the VHML, Topica and not the one at egroups, a list member stated that Ed's cancer is, unfortunately, worse than what was originally reported. He's being scheduled for chemo treatment. It was discovered during a routine trip to the dentist. They've beent rying to keep it quiet, but you know how that goes these days.

Dave is *not* working with the band at this time, though that's not to say they've split (again). More than likely, from what I gathered reading the post, the band is on a break right now and (this next part is from the post) Dave fully understands the needs for all efforts to be made for Ed's full recovery. Also, there is NO animosity within the band. That probably explains the Mikey sighting at In n' Out the other day!

He also said that the new album, which now has a supposed release date of the first quarter of 2001 (explaining the February 2001 rumor that's rapidly circulating), is indeed to supposed to be a 2-CD set; one disc studio, the other live Dave-era material. The second disc, should it happen, would make sense, seeing as how for years everyone has wanted a live disc with Dave, but we were treated to the so-so offering of "L:RHRN". I would rather see a live release from the next tour they'll be doing with Dave, than to hear something from the past.

This post to the VHML was sent by someone who, through his job and a conatct he has at WB (doesn't everyone these days???), had pretty good info on the band prior to Gary's "departure". And though Brad refutes rumors left and right, as he should, and doesn't tell us everything, as he should, the info provided by this list member has been pretty reliable in the past. So, don't shoot the messenger (me ), just read on and judge for yourselves. I'd be interested in Sherman's and Brett's take on this. If they're on the Topica VHML, then they know which list member I'm talking about.

------------------
    Girl: "How do you write women so well?"
    Melvin: "I think of a man. And I take away reason and accountability!"
    -Jack Nicholson, "As Good As It Gets"

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The whole part about Ed's cancer and the dentist finding it sounds like old news. Wasn't Eddymon the one who originally trumpeted the dentist theory?

Where the hell is Eddymon these days?

Hot For Teacher
    North and South, East and West...I\'m always extreme!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As for the "dentist theory", beats the hell out of me. I don't remember. Here's another quote, directly fom an email just received:

"Let me clarify:

The WB staffer told me that the label will be releasing a double album from VH in the first quarter of 2001."

He also went on to state that the whole story of Ed not having cancer is false. He was told the lable knows far more than what they'll say, but they *do* claim knowledge of Ed's undisclosed illness.

I just hope that Ed comes out of this 150%. If he is this sick, then by all means take as much time as they need. I have more than my fair share of bootlegs, and all the releases, to wet my appetite until the new disc is ready. I'd rather wait a while longer and know I'm getting a quality product for my money, than to have them rush out some release just so they can capitalize on Dave's return and try to relive past glories. Does KISS come to anyone's mind?

Look at Boston. Tom Scholz takes as long as he wants, because he knows what he wants, how he wants it, and he's not going to let someone dictate to him how *his* band should sound. I've never been disappointed by anything Boston has released, though I am disappointed in the time periods in between each release. I mean, by all means take your time, but don't stretch it into *YEARS*, know what I mean?

------------------
    Girl: "How do you write women so well?"
    Melvin: "I think of a man. And I take away reason and accountability!"
    -Jack Nicholson, "As Good As It Gets"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    yeh.. if this report was on a web page or something that we could all scrutinise etc, I guess it would be ok here, but 'guy on a mailing list' type of posts probably should go to the mill - no offense intended to Fur Elise..

Hey the rumor mills a cool place. Mike and OLO keep it clean, its nice. Carpeted 'n all. Get's a bad rap thats all

------------------
    A little zen... Headed your way...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:17 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    Wasn't Eddymon the one who originally trumpeted the dentist theory?

Where the hell is Eddymon these days?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just wondering wear Eddymon was myself, we have seen him in a long time.

Eddymon you out there??

------------------
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    and thats about what its worth