Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

Posting another news article. I think this one belongs in the Rumor Mill so that's where it's going. Check it out:

Denver Rocky Mountain News
    Sunday, July 16, 2000
    "Reunited And It Feels So . . . Disappointing"

A few months ago, there were two reunion tours that were going to rock the music world this summer. David Lee Roth was going to finally get back together with Van Halen and tour stadiums. And Diana Ross was going to reunite with the Supremes to sing her classic Motown hits in what was to be the must-see show of the summer.

Roth and Van Halen are missing in action; promoters are still hoping for a
    winter arena tour or a summer 2001 blowout.

[Article goes on to talk about Mary Wilson bowing out of the Supremes tour, and notes that the tour has done terribly so far].

That's it. All I can say is, "How about quoting and naming some of these 'promoters'"?????

Little Dreamer

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mary's non involvement with The Surpeme's "Return to Love" tour can be blamed on the one and only Diana Ross. While both Wilson and Songbird were more than willing to do it with her, they asked for a certain amount of money. While that amount of money was FAR less than what Diana was going to make, it was still far MORE than what Diana wanted them to make, so in rebuttal Ross "reunited" with two other members who were in The Surpreme's after Ross herself left. Your Supreme's reunion was a band that never itself played together, and with ticket prices going up to $200 a hit, it's not any wonder the tour was cancelled. They were playing to half empty halls, if they were even that might have thought Gary Cherone was singing for The Supremes

As far as the 2001 winter or summer date is tours on any sort of large scale basis do take a good long time to get organized. There are all sorts of people with their hands in that pie, and I can't believe that Van Halen could possibly have a gag order over all of them. By now, it seems to me that if there was any sort of tour planning going on, we'd have heard about it. Somebody would have let that slip...yet, nothing still, which leads me to the conclusion that this article might be right in a long, runaround sort of way...simply based on the fact that if nothing has been scheduled now, it might take at least that long for the ball to get rolling.

I could be wrong, of course, and the bomb is ready to blow up, and I certainly hope I am - it's been a bit too quiet here lately.

Gaaaaa!!!! It's my spam and it's screaming!!!! Where's that damned spatula? The Loch Ness Monster stole my last two dollars, the bastard....

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

04.19.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm so disappointed.

"Honey, I wouldn't lie to you, we just met. Lying is for later in the relationship!" - David Lee Roth