Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Big Fat Money
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Look, you asked for some rumours and I gave you a few facts to chew on. Hard to spell it out any clearer for you...

As far as proof of these things, guys, I honestly couldn't *prove* to you EVH is alive and breathing at this moment. But I'm sure he's fine...
    How I know these things is beside the point and no concern of yours.
    I knew this was a waste of time from the get-go.
    As EVH would say, "It's cool, bro...".
    Once the album is released, it will speak for itself. You won't be disappointed.

One final piece of advice, OLO: Don't be so cynical, dude. Van Halen isn't some classified operation; the band just chooses not to talk to you, or anyone else publicly right now. There is more of the truth floating around out there than there is BS. Matter of fact, there is another post in this section that contains some "facts" in it that everyone just laughs at.
    You genuinely have no idea...

And Flaming...You wouldn't know the truth if it hit you in the butt. My god, it's just like listening to DLR ramble on and on in the good old days!

"If ignorance is bliss, man, I've just left paradise!"...Sammy Hagar (1998)

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bluestrike:
    [QB]

Matter of fact, there is another post in this section that contains some "facts" in it that everyone just laughs at.
    =================================================

I think that was the part where you mentioned VH3 failed because the video for "Without You" was "shot" wrong.

I've thought the same thing for years! If they just wouldn't have used that fuckin' Ice Castle.....VH would still be together with Gary.....playing to have packed sheds this summer.

Van Halen needs to hire two fuckers like ourselves for creative input on videos

.......one bad decision on film = end of the greatest rock and roll band.

And some think "3" flopped becuase the tunes sucked......

[ June 05, 2002, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: jimmy ]
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Well now.... cynical is a new one for me, I have been called a Natzi a asshole and a cocksucker but never cynical.

You have to do a little better "than I know but I cant prove it" to make me believe you.

Do you have any idea how dipshits came with the same BS story before you?

WTF makes you diffrent? You have done nothing but shoot off your fucking mouth and backed it up with ZERO FACTS!! lmfao.....You rumor starter guys really need to find another hobbie.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally posted by Bluestrike:
    Look, you asked for some rumours
    Lie.

No one asked you for anything.

and I gave you a few facts to chew on.
    Lie.

You gave us the equivalent to re-re-refried beans.

Hard to spell it out any clearer for you...
    Howzabout "B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T" ?

As far as proof of these things, guys, I honestly couldn't *prove* to you EVH is alive and breathing at this moment. But I'm sure he's fine...
    Well, now, isn't that convenient?

That's like saying I don't know why the sky is blue, I only know that it is.

Everyone knows Ed's "still alive and well," so to speak. Your non-example is another indicator that you're trying to yank cranks.

How I know these things is beside the point and no concern of yours.
    LOL... First of all, you know nothing.

The question then becomes how can you prove what you don't know? You can't prove anything, since you know nothing, which is precisely why you're saying you can't prove anything. Pretty cyclical, eh?

This is a game of kick the can.

You're the can.

I knew this was a waste of time from the get-go.
    So did we.

As EVH would say, "It's cool, bro...".
    As DLR would say, "An ounce of image is worth a pound of performance." <--- Quite fitting, in your case.

Once the album is released, it will speak for itself. You won't be disappointed.
    Yet another intentionally vague claim.

One final piece of advice, OLO: Don't be so cynical, dude.
    It's not that OLO's cynical so much as it is that he's not gullible.

Neither are the rest of us.

Van Halen isn't some classified operation; the band just chooses not to talk to you, or anyone else publicly right now.
    You don't say!

There is more of the truth floating around out there than there is BS.
    When are you going to catch on to the fact that no one's buying what you're trying to sell?

Matter of fact, there is another post in this section that contains some "facts" in it that everyone just laughs at.
    Not only are you incapable of telling us anything we don't already know (or know isn't true, for that matter) but when you claim there's a post with "facts" in it you don't even give the name of the thread where it's found, nor the author of the post.

Talk is cheap. Double-talk is worthless.

You genuinely have no idea...
    LOL Someone remind me... it's the pot that calls the kettle black, right?

And Flaming...You wouldn't know the truth if it hit you in the butt. My god, it's just like listening to DLR ramble on and on in the good old days!
    That's one of the greatest compliments I've ever been paid. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

"If ignorance is bliss, man, I've just left paradise!"...Sammy Hagar (1998)
    If ignorance is bliss, you must be having a fucking ball. - DIF, aka DLR (2002)
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

There was a time when I would have given the idea of Vh doing a cool cover of American Band or Love is Like Oxygen some thought, and even now, if the multiple singer thing is true, I can see someone who grew up in that era like a Sheryl Crow doing the Sweet tune with VH and taking it to some cool places.

The multiple singer deal, at least as far as a new album is concerned, would allow a new singer, on the album or not, to come in and sing the new songs live, without being compared to Sammy or Dave, and if it's a bunch of big name singers guesting, there's no way they would or could tour with VH, other than an occasional guest spot here and there.

I'm always hoping for the full scale reunion with Dave, Sammy,or both, but it looks out of the question anymore. I want new VH music, just the same as I want to see Dave and Sammy live tomorrow night, and also see them put out more cool music. I just know that most of Dave and Sammy's best tunes were with VH, and it is a very real possibility, they will never make that kind
    of music again, because the chemistry each had with VH may not be duplicated.

But it is also a possibility that all of them will make more great music, with whoever they play with. That's what keeps me holding on. I know they've all said they'll do it until they die, but the truth is, they won't. And they will make less music and it will be spaced out even thinner than now. And the touring will lessen each time too. That's just a part of life and getting older, and having families and lives of their own.

We all do our share of bitching about so many little things, but believe me, when the well is truly dry, and there is no more music coming from any of them, then we will look at all they have given us, and we will find good music in places we didn't see it before. VHIII will appeal to many it never did before, as will many of Dave and Sammy's latest solo project songs.

We all got spoiled early on by too much of a good thing from our favorite band, and the band has paid a price for recording, traveling, touring and partying and being away from their families all those years. Let's take what we get from here on out and be damn glad it was there to have. Eddie is well and says he is ready to go with new music and ready to play. Sammy and Dave are touring, with Mike showing up here and there, and Sammy and Mike have their cool side project coming up later this year hopefully. Throw in whatever Eddie, Alex and Mike wind up doing, and that's a pretty good year for us VH fans, and I haven't even mentioned Gary doing Tribe of Judah, and right there live, you're only a Nuno away from a full blown Extreme 2 or 3 song reunion.

Let's hang tight and see what happens. It's as easy a time to chill as we've had the last few years, and within a year or two, the RRHOF ceremony will be here, and hopefully, they can all do what it is that brought us here, and then walk to the front of that stage and raise all their hands together one more time.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Any
    Favorite VH Song

Any
    Last Online

04.19.12 @ 08:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Utimately, it's all about the music. I want to know why we aren't getting MUSIC, dammit! Frankly, I do believe that Eddie's health has been the reason for a lack of info, if only for the last year. The multiple singer idea has always appealed to me for the simple reason that I always thought EVH was always more capable than VH would let him be. The little snippets of melody that leaked through the high octane power chords were enough, but without that "balance" (pun intended)VH is hard to listen to. VH III should have been a good album. Gary doesn't suck and the songs showed a side of EVH we'll probably never hear again thanks to the lack of interest shown (but how many bands would love their worst work to go gold?), so I wouldn't be suprised if there was just a little sulking going on at 5150 as Eddie et al wondered if fans can ever get beyond the Dave/Sam shit. A "Guest" album would defuse the "Why isn't (Sammy/Dave)here?" thing and give us some MUSIC. I've seen interviews where everyone from Ozzy to Billy Joel has wanted to work with Eddie. Let it happen! Who cares about a tour if that's what keeps this from happening! As for the "insider" debacle, I wonder if we can't start a "speculation" BB so the "insider"s can get their rocks off without [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] the rest of us.
    Into every life, a little Halen must fall

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

So senor Bluestrike... is the truth still out there or did it crawl off in a hole somewhere??
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com