Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

I was just at the DLRARMY discussion board and found a post from supposidly someone that claims to be Pete Angelus. If anyone does not know Pete he was an employer of Dave's back in the Van Halen years as well as the early part of Dave's solo career. Dave and Pete were knownas the Picasso Bros. Here is the post. You all should get a good laugh out of this one. This guy should use a spellchecker though.

Since the news is about to break I thought I would give Dave's loyal fans the first heads up.I'm sure you all know who I am.It is a known fact that Dave is working with Van Halen.I have been working with the band in a limited form to help with some artwork and marketing ideas.recently I have finished my tenor with the band for now and with Dave's okay I wanted to give you guys the first official statement and timeline of events.
    so here are the facts:

-In late 1999 Dave approached me to join his management group since he was in talks with warner bros. and Van Halen.

-both sides agreed to release their current management.thus,Eddie Anderson,Steve Martin and Ray Daniels were all relieved of thier duties.

-The band was working on and off through early 2000 but things went very slowly as everyone was very tense about the situation.Edward did need time off for preventitive cancer treatments and it was a Warner Bros. descision to have the original line up try to release an album.So alot of personal things needed to be worked out.

-Tim collins of Areosmith fame was brought in to handle the band and he is currently their manager.

-The album currently is on schedule for a september release with a single due to radio in late July.

-There is no album title as we speak but their is some titles in the works.No photo sessions have taken place and no artwork is finished.

-Dave does have some creative control and will have a say in all matters.

-Their is currently over 15 songs in one form or another with 8 in the can.

-The press will have a statement from the band in a few weeks.

-The band will tour in late 2001 and have approximetly 2 month tour legs just to see how it goes without to much commitment.It will only include North America and will probaly only include 50-60 dates.

-After a few bumpy roads everyone is getting along great and I am happy to be aboard.

-Ted Templeman is producing the album and Don Landee will be the Engineer with Mike Clink handling some vocal production at Sunset Sound studios.

-The band has reworked some older material such as Down in Flames,Babe don't leave me alone,and others for possible use.one or two songs from the Gary Cherone sessions have been used with new lyrics for possible inclusion also.Eat thye neighbour from the 85' sessions is also under consideration.Jim Vallance has wrote one song with the band and a song written with Desmond child from the 96' sessions is also in the mix.

-The band will release a live album in 2002 from the next tour.

-A box set and a greatest hits volume two are also slated for release and then Van Halen will be released from any further dealings with Warner Bros. at the bands request.

-Dave appreciates all the support and we hope you enjoy the album and tour.

Pete

-

------------------
    Al and I are the real Van Halen. There could always be Van Halen as long as it's me and Al. But if there was no Dave, this place would be pretty empty tonight. - EVH during a 1984 pre-concert interview before that night's sold out show

And there's only one David Lee. I'm the fun in Van Halen, always will be. - David Lee Roth

When classic Van Halen is together it's like one person. When I say 'I' in this respect, I mean my whole cadre that I am part of. I'm the tear boss, and I'm a fuckin' lifer. - David Lee Roth

"In America, we believe big time in publicizing the shit out of 'we ain't talkin'.' First we make goddamn sure that everybody knows we ain't saying anything..." - David Lee Roth

[This message has been edited by AJW (edited January 28, 2001 at 02:13 PM).]

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Our Head Hunter has implied that he's Pete Angelus. Care to clarify things, HH? Perhaps one of the mods over at DLRA can shoot me an email and we can compare some info.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Go MikeL!!! The sleuth is on the prowl. Maybe HH can clue us in on some of these things. Nah, he wouldn't do that. May cost him his job with good ol' Dave.

------------------
    Al and I are the real Van Halen. There could always be Van Halen as long as it's me and Al. But if there was no Dave, this place would be pretty empty tonight. - EVH during a 1984 pre-concert interview before that night's sold out show

And there's only one David Lee. I'm the fun in Van Halen, always will be. - David Lee Roth

When classic Van Halen is together it's like one person. When I say 'I' in this respect, I mean my whole cadre that I am part of. I'm the tear boss, and I'm a fuckin' lifer. - David Lee Roth

"In America, we believe big time in publicizing the shit out of 'we ain't talkin'.' First we make goddamn sure that everybody knows we ain't saying anything..." - David Lee Roth

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

What's the url for the thread over there, AJW? We'll see if HH and the guy over there are the same person.

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Here you go MikeL.
    http://www.dlrarmy.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001807.html

------------------

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I doubt that the band would consider revamping some of the "unreleased" tunes for a new album. Those tunes were left off of albums becuase they sucked. 25 years later they still suck.

Once again the sure sign of BS, too many details............

Hate to be negative on this......but.....now if this was Sherman saying this I would be all over it

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

"Eat Thy Neighbor" would not be getting worked on because if it was it would be "Summer Nights part 2"

------------------
    2711 Don't ever drink anything you can't see through.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimmy:
    I doubt that the band would consider revamping some of the "unreleased" tunes for a new album. Those tunes were left off of albums becuase they sucked. 25 years later they still suck. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to disagree with your call on "Down In Flames" sucking, just on principle.

But this "Pete" dude is a-yankin' our chains.

------------------
    "Hey Down, my brotha, never ever forget your priorities... Beer first, trash second." - A life lesson, courtesy of track 5

Official Bartender Of VHForums

On Fire
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts

Utter BULLSHIT. That post is just a collection of the latest rumours with some absolute crap thrown in (i.e. the band reworking older tunes such as Down In Flames)

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.02.17 @ 03:38 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

&gt;recently I have finished my tenor

&gt; their is some titles in the works

I really doubt Pete would have grammer and spelling this bad....I think he's a little smarter than that.(I hope)

Besides I think he is pretty busy with the Black Crowes album and tour coming in May...

------------------
    Mike
    http://www.vhvault.com/amr5150

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Down In Flames:
    [B] I have to disagree with your call on "Down In Flames" sucking, just on principle.

I must admit I'm a little one-sided when it comes to the old unreleased stuff,...........but I understand why that tune is so near and dear to you. BTW, Top Jimmy is the best VH tune IMHO. LOL

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Make sure you read the replies to that thread posted at DLR ARMY. The one reply about all the spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes is fucken hilarious.

There is no way that guy is related to DLR/VH in any way. I bet my nuts on it.

HeadHunter, however, is in the know. To what degree i have no idea.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 07:31 AM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

Pete Angelus is too busy managing the Black Crowes. And I don't think he is associated with Roth anymore.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No such thing as bad rumor. Only bad rumor starter. No understand bad rumor starter who claim to be Pete Angelus. Not fair to Van Halen fan.

Van Halen fan sacred. Like bonsai tree. Van Halen fan not to be tricked this way.

Van Halen here (points to heart), Van Halen never here (points to mouth).

Be wise, be strong, be humble...

------------------
    Man who catch fly with chopstick, accomplish anything...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi:
    No such thing as bad rumor. Only bad rumor starter. No understand bad rumor starter who claim to be Pete Angelus. Not fair to Van Halen fan.

Van Halen fan sacred. Like bonsai tree. Van Halen fan not to be tricked this way.

Van Halen here (points to heart), Van Halen never here (points to mouth).

Be wise, be strong, be humble...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO

------------------
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    and thats about what its worth